Yogi

Bronson

55 minutes ago, RiG said:

One thing we never had confirmed is whether or not Hughes is still employed with the club. The statement the other week was basically a non statement that didn't clarify anything other than Hughes wasn't going to be manager any more. No mention of him being sacked. Is he on 'gardening leave' like McCoist was with Rangers? Would he therefore be precluded from joining Hibs or anyone else?

It would be fantastic if Hughes was still on our payroll and Hibs wanted him, as they'd then have to offer us compensation (like Celtic had to pay Liverpool for Brendan Rodgers) plus it would mean we hadn't needlessly paid him off with a lump sum.

Dont believe Hibs will go for him really, was chased out of Easter Road last time. Didn't they go on their worst run until Butcher arrived. Another season in the Championship coming up, and I feel the Arabs will get it right next year with Mackinnon.

What about John Collins for Hibs, mind you they hated him too in the end.

However,  have to say, Rotherham United, Rotherham, Geewiz, they are more attractive than Hibs in Europe.

Mind you he will be remembered as the man who broke the cup duck, maybe he didnt want to be found out again next season.

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Has Yogi engineered his own release knowing full well that a more lucrative offer would come along in the close season, whilst trying to bleed the club dry after he received a two year deal last year. Not as daft as the average bear methinks. :ohmy:

You have hit the nail on the head as they say but will that offer come along?  It was good while it lasted but after winning the Scottish Cup it was downhill from there!

• Agree 2

Methinks other Premier league clubs' upper Management are not daft and will think long and hard before offering him a long-term managerial job. His girning in public must have made Mr. K. C. and his associates squirm and  other clubs will surely have noted and reflected upon the goings-on at our place.

Mr. J H  has probably over-reached himself this time. He must always remember that it is the paymaster who pays the piper and therefore calls the tune. it looks awfully like this time he may have measured once and cut twice instead of the other way around.:ohmy:

We may think, and with some justification, that Hibs would be mad to appoint Hughes as their manager again, but he has been installed as the bookies' favourite.  He simply cannot be the bookies favourite based on his managerial record.  Were he to get the post then I for one would be smelling a rat.  

I hope he gets the job with Hibs. The man's a good coach and they have the facilities he desires. If he were to take them up he would be one of the most decorated managers in Scottish football. Good luck the bear.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Hibs are still recovering from the downfall that he created. Cannot see Hughes being reappointed - I reckon it'll be Neil Lennon. 

I suspect Hibs would like Lennon but doubt whether they could afford him.

10 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I hope he gets the job with Hibs. The man's a good coach and they have the facilities he desires. If he were to take them up he would be one of the most decorated managers in Scottish football. Good luck the bear.

I agree. I think he's a good coach. Some significant chinks in his armour as a manager though as Hibs have found out in the past when he fell out with Petrie and a lot of the players. Just like he did at Falkirk and just like he did at ICT

9 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Peter Houston would be a wise move for Hibs. There will be money available after losing their manager and I bet he would love to beat United to the league title.

It's been mentioned before but Houston has already said that the Falkirk job is almost certainly his last gig in football.

What about Latapy? Actually, why do we care? Diddy lower league outfit that they are...

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Looks like Lennon. I think Yogi might be a bit miffed.

Surely he didn't think he was in with a chance after alienating the board and half the squad the last time around,    much as he did at Falkirk.....much as he did at ICT....

16 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Kingsmills must you continually berate the manager who brought us our greatest glories, show a bit of gratitude will you It is not a fair impression you give to the younger generation.

Your loyalty to the previous manager does you credit....if only he had demonstrated a similar quality....

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Kingsmills, I do think he probably fancied it, and I also think he has a very high opinion of his own ability. That is one of the reasons why I think he fell out with the board. Not saying he didn't achieve something here, but it may have gone to his head a bit.

6 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Kingsmills, I do think he probably fancied it, and I also think he has a very high opinion of his own ability. That is one of the reasons why I think he fell out with the board. Not saying he didn't achieve something here, but it may have gone to his head a bit.

I agree, I've no doubt he fancies it. It's just that I doubt they fancy him.