Foran

Bronson

Not my choice. He'd need a good assistant for it to be a success. Promoting someone to manage players he previously played alongside isn't always a good idea either, in any job for that matter. 

• Agree 2

Looking at Alex Neil as inspiration, it could work well for us depending on the style of play he would implement. A mix of yogi's style but with more attacking ruthless aggression is what we need. I would actually take the gamble of Richie Foran and trying and get Malpas back as number 2.

• Agree 1

Butcher took Foran here because he needed a real winner on the park so he might prove to be a winner as a boss as well. I know it's the cheap option but if we need cash for players  it might give the board a way out of this mess

• Agree 2

This P&J story was retweeted by the club with no comment. I wonder if they are confirming it? It has just been removed from the ICTFC front page, could have been an automatic retweet.

I would trust Richie Foran, and I would trust him to pick the right assistant. I also think we would be more direct in the final third. 

Dont suggest he would be the cheap option, as club captain, I would think Richie is currently well rewarded, potentially as good as any of our managers. Or are you meaning we dont have to buy a manager from another club, well when have we ever done that in the past?

• Agree 1

Some talk in the press today that Paul Sheerin is being considered as well.  Did a decent job at Arbroath from what I remember but not a particularly exciting appointment.

I wonder if Paul Telfer will be in the running again.  He was the second choice when Hughes got the job apparently and came with some very good references.  He'd also have contacts of the lower leagues in England which might come in handy.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I quite like the idea if Paul Sheerin 

one of the supercaley legends knows about the club and the area  did well at Arbroath could be young and dynamic but would he have the contacts etc 

image.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

From a financial perspective Foran was always the shoe-in. Would explain his comments pleading to stay - backing and being backed by Kenny C. The club would admit that they are taking a risk but honouring an individual who has served the club well. No lose decision in many ways apart from on the playing field. But could he do worse than last season ?

• Agree 2

Oh come on last season was down to injuries to our top players which can happen to any manager. A club with our budget has to accept the good with the bad and I'm just sorry this childish spat turned out the way it did. It isn't just Yogi at fault here, something serious has gone wrong with his relationship with Cameron for all this to happen. I really don't think Foran is the answer but I can see it happen for financial reasons and he must get the supporters backing. I also don't see him looking past his pal Kell as assistant.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

What's Kevin MacDonald up to these days?  He'd be a real coup if we could get him IMO.  Experienced coach, must have loads of contacts down south, did a decent enough job at Swindon, as well as being an Invernesian.  Whether he'd be interested in moving back up here, if we could afford him or even if he wants to be a manager in his own right again I don't know, but in terms of what we need right now, I think he'd be the perfect fit if we could get him.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Lets be honest here folks, the only reason we attracted the quality players we did was because of Butcher - a big name former player and the chances of us doing this again, after this fiasco, is nigh impossible.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

Terrible decision and poor suggestions, I don't agree with this philosophy in football that if they are an ex - player they should never considered manager material or they have a connection. Latapay would be a great choice but I don't know the real back ground to his departure so he may not want to come back, otherwise who is out of work and has proven record at this level or we can  afford that isn't one of the boring failed examples in Scottish football like shields,  Calder wood,  Collins etc. Jim mcinally I'd consider to step up but in reality we may have to accept we won't get as good as yogi whoever comes in.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Looking at Alex Neil as inspiration, it could work well for us depending on the style of play he would implement. A mix of yogi's style but with more attacking ruthless aggression is what we need. I would actually take the gamble of Richie Foran and trying and get Malpas back as number 2.

Malpas has only ever been remotely successful as assistant to Bucher and that combination has had it's day. It would also be difficult to overlook the unnecessarily disparaging comments Malpas made about the club and the support when offered the manager's job in his own right.

Many are looking at conspiracies and some even assume the board are to blame. Hearken back to Yogi at Falkirk. Took them to cup final and Europe then placed big demands on board. Falkirk board gave in to him and the club ended up very close to administration. As the saying goes 'Yogi has form'

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Many are looking at conspiracies and some even assume the board are to blame. Hearken back to Yogi at Falkirk. Took them to cup final and Europe then placed big demands on board. Falkirk board gave in to him and the club ended up very close to administration. As the saying goes 'Yogi has form'

Form  and a stubborn inability to learn from past mistakes, I believe it has been said elsewhere that Yogi is not as daft as many believe him to be but not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. How very true.

• Agree 1

Indeed it is but to remove any blame from the board in this is not credible. I don't know the rights and wrongs of all that has happened but the board have handled this situation badly is an understatement.