New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

As it's now abundantly clear that we will be looking for a new manager within a matter of days who would you like do see appointed and why ?

Personally, I would be pleased with Paul Sheerin. He did well at Arbroath and has experience now at working at coaching level at a Premiership club. He is familiar with the club and with the area, my only concern would be whether his contact book would be entirely comprehensive and up to date.

If I remember correctly, Latapy was always said to be the more attack-minded of the management team.  In that case he'd certainly play a more exciting game, that's for sure.

One criteria that Yogi lacked that I'd like the new manager to possess is apperception for the fans in a way Butcher did during his helm. Doesn't need to make it over the top like butcher but still appreciation all the same. 

I would pick any of the following: 

Stuart McCall

Richie Foran 

Paul Sheerin

Ronny Deila (Ambitious, I know) 

Allan Johnstone 

Chris Powell

• Disagree 3

• Butcher? I bet he regrets leaving us now and what he did up here worked well, 80% of the current squad (whats left of it that is) was brought in by Butcher. It wouldn't please many fans as the way he left us was pretty grim :sad:
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

41 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

After celtics announcement moyes is still available. 

On a more serious note we still have a manager officially . When will it all calm down .i picked up season ticket today and got pestered by stv. 

Better than being blighted by std

3 hours ago, MM said:
  • Butcher? I bet he regrets leaving us now and what he did up here worked well, 80% of the current squad (whats left of it that is) was brought in by Butcher. It wouldn't please many fans as the way he left us was pretty grim :sad:

We are not interested in you Returning Terry move on...

Peter Huston or Stuart McCall would excite me, I can't think of too many others. A lot of fans are strongly opposed to it but given his success with us and his ability to recruit good players from down south, I wouldn't be too upset if we got Terry Butcher back in. 

I'd be really worried if Foran is given the job, primarily because he won't have the contacts to recruit players, but also because there would be a conflict of interests in terms of selection seeing as he thinks he should be in the first team. 

We need to consider our options, but because of our small playing squad as well as the fact that players from other clubs are out of contract and are unlikely to want to join a club with no manager, time is of the essence.

Edited by lightwelter

World take Butcher back in an instant. He has his detractors, but given time the man knows how to build a team on a budget. Most of the current squad are still his players. No awkward transition phase required. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3