New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

3 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

I doubt we could afford him nor do i think he would come but Kenny Miller as player manager would be good for this club both as a player and i would think he would have many contacts in the game

Why on earth would we take a risk on an experienced player with no management or coaching experience who knows nothing about the club ? If we were going to go down that route we have our own experienced player with no management and little coaching experience who knows a great deal about the club,

On 20/05/2016 at 9:41 PM, kilda said:
19 minutes ago, Robert said:

I like the sound of McCall or Sheerin with Foran as the assistant.

Sounds good but I suspect McCall would be more likely to bring in an assistant than Sheerin.

A concern with McCall is that whilst he did well taking over a settled squad at Motherwell and improved them for a couple of years when that team began to break up many of the players he recruited to replace them were of mediocre quality and as a consequence the Motherwell team that was largely his only narrowly escaped relegation last year.

As one of the first major tasks of our new manager will be player identification and recruitment that would be a worry for me,

McCall would be a great choice. Did brilliantly well at Motherwell, and did well at Rangers considering the circumstances. 

The article written by Barry Wilson in the Courier makes a good point in regards to recruitment. If we offer players in the SPL the same money as they are getting from teams in the central belt, they're not going to choose to join us. We can't afford to pay higher wages then even the likes of Partick or Dundee, so it's virtually impossible for us to recruit players who have already proved themselves in the SPL, which is a major factor behind JH being unable to recruit successfully. McCall is English, an no doubt has contacts down there, so he would hopefully fit the bill in terms of being able to recruit new players. We need around 8 new players for the upcoming season, and therefore we need to bring in a manager who has an eye for talent.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TopSix said:

How about the board drawing up a short leet, then each season ticket holder having one vote as to who should be appointed? Would help to sell season books too. 

Better still, how about just appointing someone out of the North or Main stand? There seem to be plenty in there who regularly know far better than any professionally qualified manager.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

I appreciate that he is, for good reason, not the most universally popular character but I wouldn't be unhappy with Ian McCall. A decent manager who will be motivated by having something left to prove at Premiership level.

38 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Better still, how about just appointing someone out of the North or Main stand? There seem to be plenty in there who regularly know far better than any professionally qualified manager.

I reckon anyone in the north or main stand will ceartainly be more qualified than you.

In fact why do you hate the fans so much every comment you make about us is snide

• Agree 4

53 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

God forbid that fans of a football team have an opinion on what they think was good / bad about a game.

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I appreciate that he is, for good reason, not the most universally popular character but I wouldn't be unhappy with Ian McCall. A decent manager who will be motivated by having something left to prove at Premiership level.

And still in love with Rangers !  Not for me.

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

at least the people in the north stand have paid to get in, unlike one who uses his press pass.

probably never paid to get into a game but contributes to a "FANS FORUM " and rubbishes others who are only voicing an opinion

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

at least the people in the north stand have paid to get in, unlike one who uses his press pass.

probably never paid to get into a game but contributes to a "FANS FORUM " and rubbishes others who are only voicing an opinion

Tbf i normally pay as much attention to his posts on here as i do to his bit in the paper. Zilch, however, his recent comments on here ref our fans  seem bitter and snide.

Ah well i think i will revert back to blind ignorance where Bannerman is concerned

13 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

Tbf i normally pay as much attention to his posts on here as i do to his bit in the paper. Zilch, however, his recent comments on here ref our fans  seem bitter and snide.

Ah well i think i will revert back to blind ignorance where Bannerman is concerned

Can we now finish with the personal remarks and get back on topic please ?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

So only certain fans who meet your criteria are allowed to have and opinion and post?.