New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

One of the new Manager's first tasks is to sort out this kind of thinking ' Brendan Rodgers insists he has no problem going from the highlife of the Premier League to facing Inverness on a Tuesday night.. Last season he would have said '...going to face Ross County on a Tuesday night.' How low have we sunk? 

^ not see it a positive that a small club like ours is on the radar of a guy who was manager of one of the biggest clubs in England and Europe,  clearly must be doing something right if he's heard of us. It's not always necessary to gave and inferiority complex.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

^ not see it a positive that a small club like ours is on the radar of a guy who was manager of one of the biggest clubs in England and Europe,  clearly must be doing something right if he's heard of us. It's not always necessary to gave and inferiority complex.

He's a Celtic fan. Of course he's heard of us. Probably even has a copy of that Sun from 2000

• Agree 5

21 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Good to hear that the matter of player contracts is still in hand despite there being no manager in place currently.

Hope they spoke to the "new manager" before making such signings 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Hope they spoke to the "new manager" before making such signings 

Well at least the new manager can't get slated if they were not his choice.     :happy:     Oh but then I am not so sure about that, it could depend on his management history.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, CaleyD said:

A leet is a list of people selected for a position or roll.

12 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Like the missionary position or a Lorne sausage roll....

Can you put me down for either leet.

I like Lorne sausage.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

One of the new Manager's first tasks is to sort out this kind of thinking ' Brendan Rodgers insists he has no problem going from the highlife of the Premier League to facing Inverness on a Tuesday night.. Last season he would have said '...going to face Ross County on a Tuesday night.' How low have we sunk? 

He's never heard of Ross County, doesn't even now where it is!

As a Palace supporter, who was there on the famous Crystanbul night which put paid to Liverpool's championship, I look forward to Caley giving BR more Red n Blue nightmares

• Agree 9

We've certainly got a manager for the future. If anyone saw the news at 6. Smashing young lad good on him. If his dad's a visitor on here must be proud

http://stv.tv/news/highlands-islands/1355480-boy-seven-misses-out-on-inverness-caley-thistle-top-job/

and good on Kenny Cameron for visiting him 

Edited by jagster
  • Agree 3

I sincerely hope we are not looking at appointing Maurice Malpas as manager.. Leaving aside his rejection of the offer last time it was made whilst making very disparaging remarks about the club, his record as a manager in his own right is very poor indeed.

I am sure we can do better than that. Malpas as an experienced assistant to Richie Foran might, however, prove a decent combination.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 7

11 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Malpas - Looks like a wind up. Doubt if Richie or any of the players have any respect for him. 

Bear in mind the story is in the Daily Record so is unlikely to have any substance to it....The 'newspaper, that once described a certain Craig Whyte as 'a billionaire with wealth of the scale'. Keith Jackson is to journalism what Charles Bannerman is to tact and diplomacy....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jagster said:

I really hope it's not Malpas he was pretty disrespectful to us when he left. As kingsmills says his record without butcher is poor. We can do better!!!  

That's his record as a manager without Butcher. It would be interesting to see how he gets on assisting Foran. I think there will be a steep learning curve for management next season so any expectations fans have would need to be suitably tempered.

When Bucher and malpas left us the way they did for Hibs I was fuming, Butcher stating we could "make History at the club"after rejecting Barnsley's offer for manger. Then joining Hibs like months later behind Kenny Cameron's back, could not have done it in a worse way.  Seeing Hibs relegated was one of the funniest moments in Scottish football in my opinion, terrys face at full time  was priceless. :laugh:

My point is that I think Malpas was not disrespecting our club the way Butcher was, I feel he was just staying loyal to butcher. He liked it at Inverness. After them leaving Hibs I recon Malpas realised his mistake in sticking with butcher and that's  why he didn't join him at Newport county. 

I think he should be given another chance him as assistant with Foran is either gonna fail miserably or they are going to work really well. If this does go ahead the board should get praise for trying something brave and different.

Edited by PrideOFtheHIGHLANDS
  • Agree 1