Scottish and FA Cup Finals

It is Scottish Cup Final day and a year since our day in the sunshine. 12 months on we are now building for the future after an indifferent season.

inverness-ct-v-falkirk-scottish-cup-fina

james-vincent-inverness-ct-scottish-cup-

_83325630_caley.jpg

JS64888023.jpg

Today's games feature Hibernian v Rangers and Crystal Palace v Man Utd but hopefully it won't be long until we have another game to plan for at Hampden. :smile:

Rangers and Man Utd are the bookies favourites but hopefully both will be good football matches and maybe we will see Crystal Palace lift the FA Cup and be first time winners like ourselves 12 month's ago. 

11 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

A different approach to either of the games against a Hibs side on a dreadful run of form and it could well have been us again...

Totally agree - when I look back at last season that event is what I see as the biggest disappointment. With respect to the league I think we did well considering all the factors but the Scottish Cup defeat was hard to take especially in the manner of the capitulation. Sadly it was a great opportunity lost and if it had turned out differently we may not have had the situation we find ourselves in now .

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

2 hours ago, Tichy_Blacks_Back said:

Totally agree - when I look back at last season that event is what I see as the biggest disappointment. With respect to the league I think we did well considering all the factors but the Scottish Cup defeat was hard to take especially in the manner of the capitulation. Sadly it was a great opportunity lost and if it had turned out differently we may not have had the situation we find ourselves in now .

Agee 100% with all of that. What a chance we threw away of reaching another final, with a good chance of winning it too,  especially as I see Hibs, however rank they've been recently, have beaten Sevco today!  Good for them.

Disgraceful scenes at Hampden. Such a contrast to the brilliant but dignified celebrations last year, A very substantial fine for Hibs and the same for dusting off the sectarian song book the The Rangers fans clearly inherited from Rangers.

The latter may bring some additional income to the Premiership next season but the league will still be much the poorer for their presence.

The moronic Hibs fans should be deprived of their trophy celebration which should now be presented in private at a later date.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Disgraceful scenes at Hampden. Such a contrast to the brilliant but dignified celebrations last year, A very substantial fine for Hibs and the same for dusting off the sectarian song book the The Rangers fans clearly inherited from Rangers.

The latter may bring some additional income to the Premiership next season but the league will still be much the poorer for their presence.

The moronic Hibs fans should be deprived of their trophy celebration which should now be presented in private at a later date.

Certainly don't condone any violence if the outraged Rangers account is true but from TV pictures it looked as though the vast majority of Hibs fans were just exuberant much as we were at Ayr Utd or in final game 09/10. Interestingly it was claimed on BBC  that Rangers fans were also invading pitch.

15 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Now getting ready to watch Crystal Palace turn over Man Utd.  Hope Mike (Eagle for Caley) has as good a day at Wembley today as he and I had at Hampden a year ago. Come on the Eagles!

Very tough luck on Palace. Denied one certain goal and possibly a second by two rank terrible refereeing decisions.

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Very tough luck on Palace. Denied one certain goal and possibly a second by two rank terrible refereeing decisions.

Yes... almost all I can say is 'Bollox'

Super proud of the boys, and all our fans, the atmosphere we created was AMAZING, the Man United fans were pretty quiet for much of the match, and it's the Palace fans you hear behind Rooney's interview on the pitch after the final whistle!

and not a single adverse comment from anyone on BBC Scotland about the constant illegal sectarian singing, that in itself is a disgrace on the part of the national public service broadcaster.

I heard Stewart Doncaster being interviewed on the radio laying the blame for the pitch invasion on the Hampden authorities. It is an SFA competition and, in my view, the ultimate responsibility for any shortcomings lie with them but, of course, the SFA blazers never take responsibility for anything.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

The conduct of both sets of fans was so bad that the result should be annulled and the trophy retained by the 2015 winners, along with the prize money and European place.

Wishful thinking, of course, but it wouldn't be any worse a decision than various others made by our football authorities!

• Agree 7

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

and not a single adverse comment from anyone on BBC Scotland about the constant illegal sectarian singing, that in itself is a disgrace on the part of the national public service broadcaster.

In fairness this lunchtime on radio Scotland it was pointed out that there was loads of sectarian singing, and flares were set off,  which they acknowledged had barely been mentioned because the post-match events overshadowed those other crimes.

We can all find photos that show unsavoury incidents following yesterday's match. At the end of the day it was stupidity by both sets of fans and both sets of players and the officials were at risk due to their actions.

Hopefully both clubs will be fined and restrictions imposed on their first home games of next season. Unfortunately the mayhem also continued following the match with a number of other incidents now appearing in the press.

And worst of all these are the pictures of Scottish football that are now being shown around the world instead of write-ups on a really good game of football that had plenty of action and five goals.

Fans clash on the Hampden Park pitch.

Scottish cup final pitch invasion

Hibernian and Rangers fans

JS90674162.jpg

Hibernian fans

MAIN-RANGERS_2880488al.jpg

• Agree 2

If we don't win the Scottish Cup again until 2120 or so then it's possible that our '30,000 fans to Hampden'  may end up on the pitch.  Not from aggression but from sheer joy.

Hibs got their long awaited Cup and Rangers got their long awaited promotion. All in all a good end to the season for the Championship clubs.

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

If we don't win the Scottish Cup again until 2120 or so then it's possible that our '30,000 fans to Hampden'  may end up on the pitch.  Not from aggression but from sheer joy.

None of the Hibs fans had ever seen their team win the Cup, but nor had any of the ICT fans last year or the St Johnstone fans in 2014. The latter two behaved impeccably.  And even if they had been inclined to go onto the pitch through sheer joy, I just can't imagine that they would have assaulted players of the opposing team.

• Agree 3

I didn't promote any aggressive or loutish behaviour.

Killy were on the pitch today our fans have been on the pitch for every promotion no point getting on your high horse.

Hope they deal with the trouble makers and it's a shame the Rangers fans didn't see their team get their Medals or stay on to see Hibs lift the Cup.

Wonder what will happen after all Saturdays events.

Rangers fans letting off flares, clearly more than a few individuals were heard singing inappropriate songs, Rangers keep saying its the minority but Saturday proved its the minority that don't, and what were there fans going onto the pitch for? Any Rangers fans going onto the pitch should be banned.

Hibs, I thought that some of there fans were singing some songs more often heard at old firm games, but not nearly as audible as those from the other end. Yes they were rather excited by a brilliant comeback and a sorely long waited cup win, but goalposts, cameras, players assaulted, officials assaulted, running attacks on the opposite ends fans, assaults on fans and their terrible gardening on the new SFA pitch. No all fans that came onto the pitch were causing trouble, but a large large number were. Now we have all seen the pictures, Reckon Police Scotland are going to be busy around Edinburgh and Glasgow.

SFA!!!!! Well this was there show piece. They clearly didn't have enough security . Think the end of season Motherwell St Johnstone game had more security for 6000 than SFA had for 52,000. Thing is the SFA / SPFL threatened Motherwell with massive repercussions if there were and pitch invasions at their last home game. Should the SFA now hit themselves with a massive fine after there match got out of control. 

I can see Rangers getting their fingers burned and a 5 figure fine as the SFA wont upset them too much. As for Hibs, Goalposts, pitch, pitch invasion and embarrassing the SFA infront of the world. The fine might be big enough to dent Hibs chances of promotion again next season.

• Agree 1