Where are the goals coming from?

Elgin1

Old Caley Girl -- och, lass, ye dinna hae tae walk Miles fer a guid storey.

Just doonload  a tale for all ages like www.destiniesinmotion.com and then your day wull be purrfect. Ah hope, onyhoo.

It's like, a very smart and up-tempo cat can show you a thing or two in how to survive against the odds. 5-star Review from  "Readers' Favorite ", the largest review company in the US, can't be bad ah suppose.

Oh No! There's a Teach hovering in the wings -- I think he is going to belt me for going off topic . Sorry guys, gotta go.  Back to the grindstone and continue carving my statue of KC shaking hands with RF for display at Tulloch when we next win the Scottish Cup and ah need mah lovely hands fer that gig fer sure.

:ictscarf::crazy::wave:

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:59 PM, Renegade said:

From what I can see Riordan is still contracted to York. How do you propose we sign him? You don't seriously think we spend money on him?

Why don't we sign his former strike partner Garry O'Conner as well then if we're judging players ability on what they did a decade ago. 

Riordon was signed in January by York till end of season. In that time he only played four games and probably wont get another offer. Since 2011 he's played 42 games and scored five. That to me says a lot of what other teams thought of him. Besides him and O'Connor's ideas of running the line are not what we need

• Agree 1

Scott Boden will be signing in the next couple of days, Newport County striker.  He scored 15 goals for a pretty poor Newport side last season and hit double figures with both Halifax Town and Maccelsfield in previous seasons.  He played with both Ross Draper and Carl Tremarco at Macclesfield.

• Agree 9

36 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Scott Boden will be signing in the next couple of days, Newport County striker.  He scored 15 goals for a pretty poor Newport side last season and hit double figures with both Halifax Town and Maccelsfield in previous seasons.  He played with both Ross Draper and Carl Tremarco at Macclesfield.

That's great news, I hope you're right. His goalscoring record over the last few seasons is really good, 21 goals in 40 games for Macclesfield (according to Wiki) is a brilliant return. He looks like an absolute poacher judging by some of his highlights. 

• Agree 3

He sounds like just the sort of player that should suit us.  He has scored a good few in a poor team but sounds like the sort of player who will do better with better players around him by benefiting from the more accurate passing  of players who can spot his movement.  He could be a bit like Billy Mckay, but we would do well to remember that it took Billy a good while before he scored with any regularity.

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Had a look on the Newport forum to see what they said about him but they all seem more concerned about going on about how poor the SPL (sic) is. Zzzzzz. 

I know dire stuff up here. We've only got the one player going to Euro 2016.:tongueincheek:

• Agree 3

On 08/06/2016 at 6:14 PM, Yngwie said:

Which prompts the question, are we signing him instead of Mckay? :sad:

More than likely that's the case but who knows, we may have found loads of bucks from somewhere.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:48 PM, Big G said:

Was that not in the cup at Motherwell?

Aye it was, that was a belter. They spent the whole second half peppering our box but we held out for yet another SPL (as it was then) scalp.

This seems to happen every year around this time so I may as well be the one to say his name. 

What about that Rory McAllister laddie? Scores shed loads. We could get him as the club janitor too maybe. Streamline the costs. :cheer01::cheer01::cheer01:

9 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

This seems to happen every year around this time so I may as well be the one to say his name. 

What about that Rory McAllister laddie? Scores shed loads. We could get him as the club janitor too maybe. Streamline the costs. :cheer01::cheer01::cheer01:

Would be great to have him back but would he come.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crown-duals-rory-mcallister-paul-6283729#DI526TIDUogPBYst.97

On 07/06/2016 at 7:07 PM, Alex MacLeod said:

Riordon was signed in January by York till end of season. In that time he only played four games and probably wont get another offer. Since 2011 he's played 42 games and scored five. That to me says a lot of what other teams thought of him. Besides him and O'Connor's ideas of running the line are not what we need

4 of those goals coming for East Fife at that. 

Too much baggage for what would not appear to be very much return. Sometimes players just lose focus and fade. 

• Agree 1

On 08/06/2016 at 5:56 PM, DoofersDad said:

He sounds like just the sort of player that should suit us.  He has scored a good few in a poor team but sounds like the sort of player who will do better with better players around him by benefiting from the more accurate passing  of players who can spot his movement.  He could be a bit like Billy Mckay, but we would do well to remember that it took Billy a good while before he scored with any regularity.

Billy Mckay wasn't a natural fox in the box when he joined and came in as partly a wide right shadow striker type. Or at least he was often played there for Northampton and if memory serves me correct at times in his early ICT days. Though once he started banging them in he had a near 1 in 2 record. Phenomenonal when you think about it. 

Boden sounds very much like a poacher. Hopefully he can hit the ground running early on. He's got 44 in 123 games in past 3 seasons so he certainly knows how to find the back of the net. And has had regular football. 

I'd like to see us look for a raw fleet footed kid to stretch the opposition lines. 

• Agree 1

If we are hoping the new lad will score a few for us we will need to give him plenty of encouragement because if he comes up here with preconceived ideas that the pace is slower and the quality of the of footie is less than what he has been used to he may go into shock, may not even be as fit  as possible and take his time to fit in.

I mean some of the games are torrid and the pace can be upped too so I've noticed.

Just a thought.:wink:

On 13/06/2016 at 3:17 PM, CaleyD said:

Someone like Ali Sutherland you mean?

Nah.... Jake Mulraney. :wink:

I do hope Ali gets his chance this season though. It's a shame that given all our injuries last season Yogi never used it to have a look at him and Brown in a first team game. Off the bench he could potentially cause havoc. 

1 hour ago, Renegade said:re the subject of Surherland, I'm sure I've seen him play left back in the reserves in the past as well.

It's not uncommon for young attacking players to be given defensive roles in reserve matches, purely to improve their all round game and defensive qualities and perhaps toughen them up a bit. It doesn't necessarily mean they are any good there.