John Rankin on Trial

izzy

Why? While he had a decent season in a poor DUtd team, he's an aging player that we don not need, in a position we have plenty cover and will probably command too high a precentage of the wage budget IMO which could be better used in areas of the park we are weaker in or on younger talent we can try develop - its not like we have a very young inexperienced side where we need his leadership.

Sometimes I'd like to see fans on here looking forwards to new blood at the club instead of the constant calls just to bring aging players back on sentiment.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

While this is most likely made up. He was a good player and did a good job for us in times gone by. These days though, Rankin would be a terrible bit of business for us. As I said somewhere else. He's approaching his mid-thirties, his legs have nearly gone, we have at least 3 better players in the position he plays and he wouldn't come cheap.

He's the sort of signing yogi would have been hounded for.

10 hours ago, jagster said:

Could Tansey possibly still make a move to Aberdeen. Maybe Rankin is coming in to replace him. All conjecture of course as no one really knows. Just a theory 

I hope not on both accounts!

• Agree 2

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, Alex MacLeod said:

Absolute load of garbage. If Rankin is on trial then he only has the goal posts and groundsman to play against. Every other player is on holiday till end of month.

Not even the goal posts or pitch for that matter. The setting up for the Sir Rod concert has taken over.

This move isn't happening Scarlet. It's a fake Twitter account tweeting made up garbage. Not sure why you would want to do that. Some lad yesterday made up a Russian MP and fabricated some quotes about Russian and English hooligans. Got a lot of retweets but aside from bringing in some #numbers I don't see what else tweeting this kind of stuff does for someone?

And yes, I was caught out by the FEN guff as well.

Edited by RiG

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think it's been mentioned on here but I did see an article the other day on the North Star website that said that both ICT and Ross County had been offered Rankin.  Both have refused to enter contract talks.

• tm4tj locked this topic