It's the close season so....

The Mantis

12 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Spot on. If you look closely you'll get a rare view of the first ever public appearance of the away kit, with red/white stripes and blue shorts. No Bobby Cox or Bob Shankly stands, and we sat on benches behind the goals.

3rd competitive match, player/manager Baltacha on the bench. A goal on the half hour from Gerry Britton and two late strikes from sub Steve Tosh.

I thought you were still a refusenik at that point.  I can't even remember at which point I put the toys back in the pram.

Do you have any photos from the infamous "spewgate" match at Inverurie :)

Edited by ymip

8 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, we won 2-0 but it didn't get much coverage on the news that night.....

Is that a young Grant Munro wearing 15?

looks like Munro Robson and the Legend that is Mikey Teasdale 

22 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I thought it was cliftonhill as they have yellow railing along side the dugouts. Although I think there is red railing too which isn't in the picture so maybe not. 

You were right, and as Yngwie says we weren't all over the news that night 11/9/01, strangely enough as Paul Ritchie got two late goals for ICT

The red, white and blue scarf in the initial pic kind of narrows it down to Rangers or France. I can't recall us beating France themselves, but Paul le Guen, Lionel Let-it-in-easily, your boys took a helluva beating! Ibrox 2006, 0-1, Bayne scored, Filip Sebo didn't.

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The red, white and blue scarf in the initial pic kind of narrows it down to Rangers or France. I can't recall us beating France themselves, but Paul le Guen, Lionel Let-it-in-easily, your boys took a helluva beating! Ibrox 2006, 0-1, Bayne scored, Filip Sebo didn't.

Spot on. Next:

P5050095 copy.JPG

13 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

As for the game, if it's the one I think it is, the opposition fans were greeting for more than one reason that day!

Nope. They won, for a start...