It's the close season so....

The Mantis

On 25 June 2016 at 11:37 AM, tm4tj said:

Wee Bully.

Manny is right again. 

September 2000 in Div 1 and a visit from newly promoted Clyde. ICT in my memory seem to have a habit of losing at home to newly promoted sides, usually 2-1.

This was pretty annoying. Bagan put us ahead early on and we dominated most of the game. Second half, Martin McLaughlin took what appeared to be a dive and Golly was eventually sent off for disputing the penalty. Convery scored and soon added the winner. A Sair Yin. Kevin Toner was the ref. Crowd was 1494.

Clyde rampaged around the First and Second Division for years, with hired thugs such as Paddy Keogh kicking anything that moved, but as we all know, ICT took revenge for all these setbacks by the Ice Station Hammer Throwers (see post 6 on this thread), by becoming a BIG TEAM in 2004, while Clyde slipped into obscurity, being knocked out of the Cup by Formartine Utd and being managed in League 2 by Barry Ferguson. So there.

Edited by TheMantis
Convery. Damned autocorrect.

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

All I can remember is Bar 57 - Perth

Had we not moved on to the Institute by then? Oh well.....

Here's another. Yngwie will probably get it mind you.P9200223 copy.JPG

A routine 2-0 win at Glebe Park in September 2003. The photo shows Paul Ritchie flicking in no 2. 

The return match in January was much better for the neutral. By this time we were neck and neck with Clyde.

Brechin made a game of it after the break and the game wasn't secured till Russell Duncan curled in an absolute peach to make it 4-2.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

All I can remember about Brechin is that the pub on the Main Street was a hell of a feckin trek to the park.

I remember a hotel in the Main Street and the barman was from Bilbao. Don't remember much else as they had a good offer on double malts. 

15 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Season 2002/2003, 6-0 win at Alloa. First half hat-trick from Wyness and a hat-trick from Ritchie seen scoring off the bar from an acute angle.

Correct. Wyness has already put ICT 3 up when Ritchie's drive comes fizzing towards my 3 megapixel Olympus bridge camera :lol: and it's not even half time yet.

Were you there or were those the days of Football First with charisma-laden presenters whose names I've forgotten, plus that nasal commentator, plus, eh, Andy Walker.

On 6/28/2016 at 9:52 PM, TheMantis said:

Were you there or were those the days of Football First with charisma-laden presenters whose names I've forgotten, plus that nasal commentator, plus, eh, Andy Walker.

Show some respect!  That's no way to talk about David McKinney! :ohmy: