Club Badge/Crest

caleyboy

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I was going to consider a personalised number-plate here ... its only about $200 and you choose what you want and submit it ... anything up to 8 letters/numbers .... was thinking ICTFC, CALEYJAG, or ICT   TFC to show support for both my teams ... but as we bought a Chevy Volt (think Vauxhaull/Opel Ampera) late last year I now have a "green vehicle" number-plate that is issued by the government and cant be changed.  

Don't think any of those would make any sense to anyone in your neck o the woods Scotty 

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

was thinking some folk might think that ICTFC means "I see TFC" but its a moot point now .... cant make anything out of GVAJ ___

Sounds like something a female rapper might call themselves!!

• Agree 1

As I've said before, I am reluctantly ok with this "naf" pride of the highlands nonsense on fans merchandise but I sincerely hope this is not the case on players gear and official club stationery etc. Change for the sake of change without good reason smacks of someone satisfying their ego - not a good thing when trying to get (more) fans behind the club.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I know this won't be important to most but I have decided NOT to attend any further matches until such time as the decision makers at this club decide on how our club is identified on our club crest/badge. Whoever decided to introduce the NAF "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" crap really should take a look at their professionalism.. Some may think I am being rather petty on this but our identity and history is important to me and the club taking actions such as this is one of the reasons you are seeing our fan base shrinking. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Is there anyone on the forum that is a recognised spokesperson for the supporters? I think it would be best for someone in that position to collate the thoughts and feelings of the fans and contact the club regarding this.

If there isn't anyone, then does anyone have an email address for the club? I'd like to contact them but the message feature on the website has a character limit of 1000 and it's going to take more than that to convey my thoughts effectively

On 18 July 2016 at 9:17 AM, Kingsmills said:

Only the ignorant and ill informed. Although, I do accept that makes up a fair proportion of the Scottish sporting media as far as anything north of Perth is concerned.

Sorry to burst everyone's wee cosy bubble but down this way people say "Inverness" 99% of the time. Now if you look a few miles over the Kessock Bridge you'll find loads of people who refer to us as "Caley" or occasionally "Them" :lol:

2 minutes ago, ajmack88 said:

Is there anyone on the forum that is a recognised spokesperson for the supporters? I think it would be best for someone in that position to collate the thoughts and feelings of the fans and contact the club regarding this.

If there isn't anyone, then does anyone have an email address for the club? I'd like to contact them but the message feature on the website has a character limit of 1000 and it's going to take more than that to convey my thoughts effectively

Caley jags Together is the official supporters society.  We have messaged Kenny Cameron direct regarding this issue but have not yet had a response but will be chasing this up.  If you want to e-mail myself as the chairperson, you can do that on liz@caleyjagstogether.co.uk and I shall be quite happy to put the views of the fans to the board.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ajmack88 said:

You can send your email, marked for the attention of the Chairman, to enquiries@ictfc.co.uk

4 minutes ago, CaleyJagsTogether said:

Caley jags Together is the official supporters society.  We have messaged Kenny Cameron direct regarding this issue but have not yet had a response but will be chasing this up.  If you want to e-mail myself as the chairperson, you can do that on liz@caleyjagstogether.co.uk and I shall be quite happy to put the views of the fans to the board.

Ah excellent. Well I'll wait and see what the response is from the Chairman before following up with my own personal thoughts on the matter. 

Thanks for updating us on the situation. I look forward to hearing what he has to say. 

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

I know this won't be important to most but I have decided NOT to attend any further matches until such time as the decision makers at this club decide on how our club is identified on our club crest/badge. Whoever decided to introduce the NAF "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" crap really should take a look at their professionalism.. Some may think I am being rather petty on this but our identity and history is important to me and the club taking actions such as this is one of the reasons you are seeing our fan base shrinking. 

Have you considered a petition? 

Edited by TopSix
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CaleyJagsTogether said:

Just remember though, that not ALL the fans have an issue with this.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Slogans under the badge are an embarrassment.  It's almost as bad as clubs putting stars above their badge.  What exactly is the point?

Boycotting the club over it though, steady on.

This.  I don't have a problem with the name being initalised (there's clubs in the world that don't have their name on it at all), but this Pride of the Highlands stuff is just embarrassing, naff nonsense.  Seems to be something that club seems to embrace these day such as that horrendous 'Together We Believe' claptrap.  Reminds me of a while back I was going to buy that ICT hoodie thing that came out before I saw that the dreadfully tacky '#TogetherNess' was written in big silver letters on the back.  The club lost the sale from that.

• Agree 1

Out of interest, does anyone know if the club has any intellectual property regarding "Pride of the Highlands"? I think it would fall under trademarking. 

Now that they are using it in a very official capacity they should do. Otherwise it is free for others to use and potentially create unwanted associations with the club. 

19 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

semi-aerial.jpg

If you look closely, you will see that the club have been referred to as ICTFC since 1996....

To be fair, to have had the white seats spell out Inverness Caledonian Football Club the main stand would have had to have been three quarters of a mile long.

41 minutes ago, ajmack88 said:

Out of interest, does anyone know if the club has any intellectual property regarding "Pride of the Highlands"? I think it would fall under trademarking. 

Now that they are using it in a very official capacity they should do. Otherwise it is free for others to use and potentially create unwanted associations with the club. 

Yes, it was registered at the end of last year.  Both as standalone wording and in conjunction with the badge.

49 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

To be fair, to have had the white seats spell out Inverness Caledonian Football Club the main stand would have had to have been three quarters of a mile long.

...and adding Thistle to that would probably take it to an even mile :wink:

• Agree 1