Club Badge/Crest

caleyboy

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Agree with Rig. This is becoming tedious. As with most stuff emailing the club would be a better option.

At the end of the day you dont have to click on the thread if its tedious for you.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Given you've been met with silence I think that's your answer but if you write to the club I think you would be more likely to get something back from them.

So what you are saying is that nobody from the club visits their fans forum. Erm how interesting ......

33 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Not at all but going over the same thing over and over is tedious....sorry

Also do you actually just want a moan or do you want something done about it?

Oh and by the way the club crest underneath your name ...........it is so last year.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, forresjags said:

So what you are saying is that nobody from the club visits their fans forum. Erm how interesting ......

That's not what I've said at all. What I am saying is that if you feel aggrieved about this decision regarding the badge then contacting the club directly instead of posting on here is more likely to solicit a response to your query.

This thread was started on the 12th of July - six weeks ago today I think. In that time, had aggrieved parties chosen to write to the club, they would almost certainly have had an answer by now.

3 things to note in this thread .... (which also pervades to a few others)

• It is becoming increasingly nasty with the personal digs at each other. that stops now or the thread gets closed. end of. I dont want to do that as its an interesting and valid thread and I have my own opinion which I have also posted as it relates to the topic, but if the personal sh** continues then I have no option and it will be the fault of those doing the stirring. 

• This is a fans' forum, and but for a 5 year spell in its 22 year existence when it was deemed the club's official site, it is, and has been independently run by myself and various moderators with no direction or managerial input or control from the club. With the exception of that five year period mentioned, it has never been an official channel to reach or receive an answer from the club on any issue even if they have chosen to respond on many occasions. The club DO read the site and DO respond to things on here when appropriate but thats really for fans convenience rather than it being an official response. the official channels are through their own website, through contacting them via email/telephone/letter, or by bringing issues to the attention of the supporters trust who can bring that to the club too. We have an excellent working relationship with all levels of the club that allows us to collaborate with them on various initiatives and partnerships and because of this they have often passed out more information than other clubs might through the site.

• I wasnt going to mention this as its my own personal observation and kind of annoys me, but it seems appropriate in this thread to note that there's a fair few, increasingly frequent, veiled (and open) digs at CaleyD who gets it in the neck almost daily because he not only has a position at the club, but also has his role on here as co-owner of our design and hosting company, and his former role as site administrator for CTO that was relinquished when he started doing more work at the stadium. Seems he cant do anything right in some folks eyes and honestly, thats a piece of bullshit too. He provides info, he's being a happy clapper, or a conduit for propoganda. He says nothing and he's accused of some nefarious scheming. It would be quite simple for him to stop posting altogether, but again, because of personal friendships with myself and the site, and his own desire to pass as much info as is deemed in the public domain to the fans he posts it here despite all the crap flung his way. Do I agree with him on everything ? HELL NO !! We have our own disagreements over many issues and I even kicked him off the site for a while a few years ago, but unlike some, we seem to be able to agree to disagree and move on with other subjects ....

Bottom line - if you are waiting for a response on this issue from the club on here then please dont hold your breath .... you are likely to get a new shirt from JD Sports before that happens and we all know how long that takes ! If you want a response then I would agree with OCG who suggests writing to the club (or email if you prefer) and asking the question directly. For those of us that are shareholders then I am sure it may also be something that is raised at the next AGM if a satisfactory answer has not been forthcoming before then .....   

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Thanks for your views Scotty parts of which I agree with and parts I don't. I still feel it would be a very simple task to answer the 2 questions but because there has been no answer I can only assume that this version of the new badge has been created by probably a couple of people for no valid reason. This is totally unacceptable to me and I hope to many other shareholders and long standing supporters of this club. Old Caley girl obviously wants the thread closed so if and answer is not forthcoming  within the next 48 hours I will gladly take the matter up at the next AGM. IMO this subject could have been cleared up very quickly but those responsible obviously don't have the footballs to admit to their actions. 

• Disagree 8

15 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Thanks for your views Scotty parts of which I agree with and parts I don't. I still feel it would be a very simple task to answer the 2 questions but because there has been no answer I can only assume that this version of the new badge has been created by probably a couple of people for no valid reason. This is totally unacceptable to me and I hope to many other shareholders and long standing supporters of this club. Old Caley girl obviously wants the thread closed so if and answer is not forthcoming  within the next 48 hours I will gladly take the matter up at the next AGM. IMO this subject could have been cleared up very quickly but those responsible obviously don't have the footballs to admit to their actions. 

For something that is so unacceptable to you I am staggered that you haven't approached the club directly with your concerns. OCG hasn't said anything that I can see about closing the thread. Instead she, along with others, have advised that to get answers to the questions you have you would be far better placed writing or emailing the club. Whilst people from the club do read this forum they are unlikely to be able to respond to every single question raised on here. Stick it in an email to them and you are much more likely to get an answer than sitting waiting for one to appear here. You say that the situation could have been cleared up very quickly yet seem to have little interest in taking the bull by the horns and contacting the club directly to get answers.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 5

I emailed the club yesterday evening with my thoughts and opinions on the matter, along with a few questions. Received a reply today saying it had been passed on to the Chairman and he would respond soon.

I will post an update as and when I hear back 

9 minutes ago, ajmack88 said:

I emailed the club yesterday evening with my thoughts and opinions on the matter, along with a few questions. Received a reply today saying it had been passed on to the Chairman and he would respond soon.

That's the way to do it!  There is no point waiting till the AGM.  Writing directly to the club should elicit a response which can then be communicated more widely on this forum if you feel it appropriate.  If anybody is not satisfied with the response then they can still take it to the AGM, in which case there can be an informed debate based on the response previously received, communicated and, no doubt,debated on this forum.

Further to what others have said, I see absolutely no reason why the club would respond on this forum to the concerns raised in this thread.  Apart from the fact that it is not the appropriate channel, it seems pretty clear that it is just a very small minority of people who feel strongly on the issue.  People criticise the club for lack of communication but the club is actually very open with regard to personal contact.  I speak from personal experience having previously had a meeting with the Chairman over concerns I had a while ago.The Chairman was remarkably open on the issue in question and pro-actively asked me my views on other matters as well.  The difficulty was not getting into the chairman's office, it was getting out!

Bottom line is that this forum is for having a general discussion about things.  That  includes having a good old moan about this and that from time to time.  But if you really feel strongly about something and feel something needs done, then you need to take the bull by the horns and contact the club direct.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

"Apart from the fact that it is not the appropriate channel, it seems pretty clear that it is just a very small minority of people who feel strongly on the issue."

It doesn't matter how many people feel strongly about the issue, there was absolutely no need to change what was a clear club identity on our badge. And who says this forum is not an appropriate channel - your opinion but not mine! 

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

"Apart from the fact that it is not the appropriate channel, it seems pretty clear that it is just a very small minority of people who feel strongly on the issue."

It doesn't matter how many people feel strongly about the issue, there was absolutely no need to change what was a clear club identity on our badge. And who says this forum is not an appropriate channel - your opinion but not mine! 

I suggest you go back and read Scotty's helpful post again.  He is the guy who runs this excellent site and if he says this is not the appropriate route to elicit a response from the club, that's good enough for me.  

Personally, I am not expressing any view on the change to the badge but I respect your right to feel very strongly about it and agree that you have a right to expect a response from the club regarding your concerns.  What I fail to understand is why you seem unwilling to do the one thing which you can reasonably expect will get a response from the club; contact them directly.

Clearly you feel others ought to feel strongly about the club's decision on the badge, and it may well be that if others knew the answers to the questions you have asked they would be more inclined to support your views on the matter.  If you want others to support you on this you need to get answers to your questions and, if those answers do not satisfy you, use the information in those answers to make an argument why the rest of us should also be concerned.  Do that, and I might support you at the AGM.  At the moment though, my position is this:-

Do I think the Board should have consulted more widely regarding the change?  Yes

Am I bothered that they didn't?  No.

If you want others to support you, the ball is firmly in your court.  

• Agree 3

So one posters escalating the issue at the AGM another is awaiting a reply.

We all have different views. Even if the club had changed the crest to a vertical turd with 2 antlers coming out of it then it's still our club and out team that we collectively support and I think we can all agree on that.

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2016 at 4:07 PM, ajmack88 said:

I received a response with an invitation from the Chairman inviting me to go to the stadium to discuss the matter personally with him. Unfortunately I live down south so this wasn't an option. Instead I am awaiting a written response. 

I must give credit to the club and the Chairman for the speed of response, and openness to meet personally to discuss the matter face to face. I doubt there would be many club chairman willing to the same. 

• Agree 4

On 23/08/2016 at 3:58 PM, caleyboy said:

Thanks for your opinion RIG but as I have already said, I will ask the question at the next AGM. That will give the attending shareholders the opportunity to comment on why our badge has been changed..

In the interests of fairness why don't you give the club the chance to comment? As can be seen from another posters experience (s)he wrote to them and received a prompt response inviting them in for a discussion about it - with the chairman no less! I am sure the same offer would be made to you if you got in touch with the club and you are unlikely to get a more 'authoritative' response from anyone else there than the chairman.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

More to do with my time. They could have simply answered the 2 simple questions on this forum.

It would have taken less time to write the club an email or letter than it would coming on here and moan about it regularly.

It is cheesy but it is just a bit of writing at the end of the day. Ironically, if I didn't come onto this forum I would never have even noticed it, it is the people complaining that has brought my attention to it.

Edited by Iain