Mutombo mistaken for new £33m Chelsea signing in Ibiza

Dargo20

I notice Andrea Mutombo is mistaken for new Chelsea signing in the Daily Mail still wearing ICTFC training gear  

New Chelsea signing Michy Batshuayi sees red as Spanish police tow away £180,000 Lamborghini during his holiday in Ibiza

Michy Batshuayi fined after his supercar is towed away by police 

He left the car parked under a tree, to keep it in the shade

But police towed it away, and he had to pay a £330 fine to get it back

The car had been rented and the contract was in Michy's brother's name

Batshuayi signed for Chelsea for £33m last week 

By GERARD COUZENS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:34, 12 July 2016 | UPDATED: 17:28, 12 July 2016

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
72shares

View comments

Chelsea's new boy Michy Batshuayi has been fined by Spanish police after seeing his £180,000 Lamborghini towed away.

Batshuayi, who has joined the west London club after starring for Belgium at Euro 2016, is on holiday in Ibiza before returning for pre-season.

But after he left his car parked under a tree, to keep it in the shade, it was removed and the striker was slapped with a £330 fine.  

+7

Chelsea new boy Michy Batshuayi's £180,000 Lamborghini was left parked in the shade in Ibiza

Batshuayi protests as a policeman comes to remove the car, which was parked illegally 

+7

Batshuayi protests as a policeman comes to remove the car, which was parked illegally 

Edited by Dargo20
  • Agree 2

I think Mutombo and Batshuayi played together at Standard Liege a few years back so presume they're mates. I can just see Mutombo trying to get into the VIP at Pacha in his ICT training gear :)

They've now realised their mistake, and corrected it,  Even though they still have him playing for ICT.

They've even added their excuses: pictures of both, with the caption "Batshuayi (left) shares the Brussels hairdresser 'Natty Dreadlocks' with M'Buyi-Mutombo".

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RiG said:

The Daily Mail is an utter embarrassment.

indeed. but it seems to be incredibly popular worldwide as it has resisted the temptation to put up a paywall ..... 

yup. I know .... I had that experience with my first job over here which was working for the Globe and Mail newspaper (online edition) when they first initiated their 'Insider Edition' subscription service. They put up the paywall before almost everyone else and the ****storm that followed - from consumers and advertisers alike - saw it last a very short time. They tried again more recently and people seem a bit more willing to pay for premium content provided they can get the basics for free.

On this site, paywalls are one of the reasons I never click on any link that someone posts from the P&J  ... will get the info elsewhere.