Premiership Table 2016-17

Kingsmills

How do you think the final league table will look come May 2017 ? My prediction is;

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

St Johnstone

The Rangers

ICT

Motherwell

Ross County

Kilmarnock

Dundee

Partick  Thistle

Hamilton

1. The Rangers - pains me to say it and I still think they're spending beyond their means, but I think they're at least as good as Celtic on paper.

2. Celtic - have some poor players (Ambrose) in a massive squad

3. Aberdeen - might do even worse if they get stretched by Europa league involvement

4. Hearts - will challenge for Europe again

5. St Johnstone - always seem to be there or there abouts

6. Us - optimistic, but I think we look more balanced on paper than last year and should be more attacking

7. Dundee - depends if they keep their strikers

8. Ross County - squad much weakened by loss of Irvine and disquiet with Davies

9. Motherwell - would miss Macdonald if he goes to Sydney

10. Kilmarnock - difficult to know where they'll finish given wholesale changes. A gamble.

11. Partick Thistle - possibly weaker than last year

12. Hamilton - surely will struggle this time

1. Celtic - think they'll bring in one or two to improve the squad and could be a breakthrough season for Christie. 

2. Rangers - on paper they're much stronger than any of below teams and have a very good manager in Warburton.

3. Aberdeen 

4. Hearts - not sure on this one, don't agree with their signing policy and it could disrupt the team.

5. St Johnstone - while they have Tommy Wright they should remain top 6.

6. Dundee - as above post, if they keep their strikers they'll do well

7. Inverness - if we add a couple more decent players I'll be more optimistic.

8. motherwell

9. Ross county 

10. Patrick Thistle - could be higher up considering they've kept most of their best players.

11. Kilmarnock - haven't a clue about anyone they've signed, they have a very young and inexperienced squad so they might struggle.

12. Hamilton Accies - have been poor since Alex Neil left.

1 hour ago, NoCaravansAloud said:

1. Celtic

2. Aberdeen

3. Rangers

4. St Johnstone 

5. ICT

6. Hearts

7. Dundee

8. Motherwell

9. Killie

10. Patrick

11. Killie

12. County.

Killie schizophrenic these days? I'll be interested to see how they come both 9th and 11th! In fairness, they are the hardest team to call!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the football banter has started already for the season. 

INVERNESS:

Manager: Richie Foran.

Ground: Tulloch Caledonian Stadium.

Last season: 7th.

Key man: Owain Fon Williams.

Title odds: 500/1.

MOST people seem to think Inverness will be safe but for me they are favourites for relegation.

They have brought in Billy King, who spent half of last season on loan at Rangers, as well as former Aberdeen defender Kevin McNaughton.

Aside from that they have done very little and Caley – who shockingly let John Hughes go – could struggle under Irish rookie Richie Foran.

Verdict: 12th. I struggle to see enough strength and depth in a Caley side who have over-achieved in the past few years

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-2016-17-can-8553522#CWHJzgseHyspYWTW.99

2 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

INVERNESS:

MOST people seem to think Inverness will be safe but for me they are favourites for relegation.

They have brought in Billy King, who spent half of last season on loan at Rangers, as well as former Aberdeen defender Kevin McNaughton.

Aside from that they have done very little and Caley – who shockingly let John Hughes go – could struggle under Irish rookie Richie Foran.

Verdict: 12th. I struggle to see enough strength and depth in a Caley side who have over-achieved in the past few years

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-2016-17-can-8553522#CWHJzgseHyspYWTW.99

:lol: that's pretty poor. And McNaughton's only claim to fame is being ex-Aberdeen?

500:1 win the league

16 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Who on earth is Michael Tremlett? Never heard of him! I bet hes never set foot in Inverness too. 

I'm not sure who he is either but it looks like he's fallen at the first fence.

Edited by 12th Man

58 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

INVERNESS:

Get this pinned up in the changing room #underdogmentality

8 minutes ago, ict247 said:

Get this pinned up in the changing room #underdogmentality

Agree about pinning it on the dressing room wall but forget about an underdog mentality. We are not underdogs, we are very firmly established at a top tier club and Mr Tremlett will be looking somewhat foolish long before the season ends in May.

My money is on him being a relative of Yogis ha ha. 

Actually finding it rather tedious that the central belt football fraternity that is fans and journos are so quick to write off Richie? Very quick to back Yogi too without any actual knowledge of how bad things had got in the dressing room. 

As per usual my money is on us proving them all wrong!

• Agree 1