Graffiti of Sneck

dougiedanger

Does anyone mind round the back of the Cummings Hotel on the lane that led up to Geordie Horne's 'barber's' there was a really long piece of graffiti that was a scathing critique of the people of Sneck, to the effect that they/we :sad: were nothing but "stupid little village people" who "didn't know how to live"?

It was written in joined-up writing and was striking in its bitterness. 70s/80s.

Anyone mind it, or any other good bits of graffiti?

You used to see CaLeY everywhere you went. Also, off Telford Street they still have that bit of corrugated iron with all bands from the 70s/80s, Ruts, Heaven 17, Slaughter and the Dogs, etc. Crystal Palace, too. Must be the oldest bit of graffiti in town.:ponder:

Mind also at the back of the Caley Park, just after winning the league one year, certain characters proudly proclaimed in writing, "Caledonion Champions."

I remember someone spray painted "Welcome To Dalneigh" on the wooden fence at the top of Caley Road. I know who it was that it was alleged to have done it....but his name escapes me for now.

That corrugated fence, just to the side of Telford Street, with the bands name on it, hasnt deterioted in the 35 yrs or so that its been there. Looks as tho the fence was recently put up and sprayed on. Makes me smile when i pass it. A real throwback to the 80's

4 hours ago, SMEE said:

I remember someone spray painted "Welcome To Dalneigh" on the wooden fence at the top of Caley Road. I know who it was that it was alleged to have done it....but his name escapes me for now.

Was that "The Sheriff's Fence" (a 60s one that, though) on the crossroads with Rangemore Road and Dochfour Drive?