Club Video : Match Highlights etc...

CaleyD

2 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

No.....sites are not connected, you need to register on ICTFC.com. Details on the page linked above.

Thank you but it still doesn't get me around the problem of using my same email address to register for club video as it says the address is still in use. Do I have to get a new email address just to register? If so that is pretty lame.

Warning

The email address you entered is already in use or invalid. Please enter another email address.
Edited by Doch4
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Doch4 said:

Thank you but it still doesn't get me around the problem of using my same email address to register for club video as it says the address is still in use. Do I have to get a new email address just to register? If so that is pretty lame.

Warning

The email address you entered is already in use or invalid. Please enter another email address.

How is it lame ? you registered and you obviously dont know your password for that site ... no fault of the club !

Go here to reset your password or get a link sent to you to set a new one : http://ictfc.com/component/users/?view=reset

Just now, CaleyD said:

You must already be registered on ICTFC.com if you are getting that message.

Don't remember ever registering but it is possible. Next problem is I used another email account but have so far (15mins) not received an activation email.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

How is it lame ? you registered and you obviously dont know your password for that site ... no fault of the club !

Go here to reset your password or get a link sent to you to set a new one : http://ictfc.com/component/users/?view=reset

Lame because I had to create a new email address to register. If I had thought that I had registered before it wouldn't be an issue. I can't remember registering before. It could have been years ago with no need to ever check it since. Also I was thinking the sites may be sharing some databases as they look so similar. I admit I was confused and frustrated. Please don't take it personally. I apologise.

Edit to add: still no activation email.

Edited by Doch4

Got parts of the first half but have had issues here and there with buffering and the player saying "re-connecting". I am at work and behind a firewall that doesnt normally allow streaming video, plus we have had a few issues with our service provider this week so I am thinking/hoping its most likely on my end. 

When I was getting the picture it was good and clear and the commentary was also pretty good. Better than I expected if I am honest. Local boys for sure (?) but pretty knowledgeable and not fumbling around for things to say like most of us would. Got a bit of a chuckle at half-time too as the feed is left running but obviously the commentators are not there so its just the sounds of the stadium

Our logs aren't showing any buffering issues, so the feed looks like it left here and arrived at the server without any problems.

Roarer, that error normally occurs if you have interrupted, or suffered an interruption when making payment and it doesn't feed back to the system that it has completed.

If you can email me on don.johnstone@ictfc.co.uk to let me know what email address you use/d for PayPal then I will look into it and we'll sort you out with a free code for a future match (and an on demand one so you can watch tonights match).

Don't think I'll manage to get the on demand set up until tomorrow as I've been on the go since 7am and need to go sleep!!

Also meant to say......

After the Celtic match we have a couple of weeks until the Highland Derby.  During this time we will get the new CJTV website up, running and fully tested (with your help) to ensure we've ironed out as many of the kinks as possible.

Last night was a bit of a push to get the stream out given that we'd only had the tech in place for a week, but it gave me great confidence in the media team guys who took all the teething problems in their stride and managed to deliver the product.....including the commentators who were evicted from their original planned position and ended up standing outside, fully exposed to the elements on the TV gantry and the tech guys who had to set up in a room that felt like one of the busiest thoroughfares in the stadium at times!!!  While they were dealing with that, the others made sure that twitter etc continued as normal.

It was all a bit stressful, but also thoroughly enjoyable....and the result didn't do any harm either....same again Wednesday?!

• Agree 3

I've made a few refinements (mostly behind the scenes) and we're about good to go again for tomorrow night.....also, barring any unforseen (is their any other kind?) hiccups, we should have the match available on demand for viewers in the UK from midnight.

One of the changes you will see is that there's a link on the page at ictfc.com/caleyjagstv that takes you to the on-demand page.

We're keeping it at £5 for this match as well.

• Agree 1

Looking forward to using 'Caleyjags tv' in on demand mode early tomorrow, as ages ago, before I knew it was going to be live on TV, I foolishly committed myself to playing in a bridge match tonight.  I'll be lucky if I am able to catch the odd squint at my phone this evening to see how things are going.  But, maybe that's no bad thing, come to think of it, going along with the "no news is good news" theory.   But I live in hope of a positive result tonight.  After all, we've done it before.:ictscarf:

it will be 11:45AM your time Scarlet .

Bear in mind the actual feed will not be on until a few minutes before kick-off and as its still early days, if there are technical issues during the match with the service, then Don will do his best to sort you (and anyone else) out if and where he can. There's a lot of component parts to providing this service and he will be a busy man making sure it all goes smoothly !  

O.K. I've found it on the main web site.

However the payment  went through but there is a stoppage now and the information to me is that it's taking a long time to go through. However I am now finally  through to the play-video page and  have entered the password given to me by Donald previously . The video has started  to play showing the players exiting the tunnel and then has stopped completely  and won't respond to clicking on the lower left white arrow head. There was also a white arrow head right in the centre  of the video but it disappeared quickly and so no access from that position.

I guess I will just try again.......

press CTRL and F5 to refresh your screen. I am streaming it here at work and have had no issues whatsoever despite our firewall and network only allowing minimal bandwidth for streaming. 

O.K all is well. When I returned to the video it was playing and now it is half time and no issues leading up to this point.

Perhaps I delayed access too close to the start (five minutes before kick-off) and this  may have arisen as a result of the advised delay in the processing of the payment and the video may have simply decided to stop. Once the payment cleared it decided to start up again?