Stadium Announcer

Alan

I was at the Under 20's v Arbroath and the stadium announcer was clear and articulate. Every word could be heard. Compare that to the normal Saturday situation where the voice is not projected very well and is normally drowned out by background music. It is almost impossible to hear a word the poor announcer is saying. Most supporters just shrug their shoulders and say "what was that". Please can the club do something like turning up the announcer's microphone and turning down the music.  

• Agree 1

Why have music under him at all? There are plenty other pre-match opportunities for that. The announcer's prime function is to convey information audibly but still in a lively manner and to enthuse the home support.

Unfortunately the current incumbent seems to want to become an apprentice DJ - and in the rather dated tradition of Alan Freeman. For instance, he seems to insist on announcing the team lines in the same way as Fluff used to announce the Top 40 to the Pop Pickers.

• Agree 2

With your reference to the music charts Charles our current announcer will fail to make the top 100. I can see he is trying to be upbeat no pun intended but I gave up trying to understand him last season. The fans who sit near me club together and we usually between us manage to get about 80% of the team for that day. I was at The Nairn pre season game and we could understand everything that was said over the tannoy there. We have never had a clear announcer with the exception of Dougie Riach and that was good few years back. We live in hope but as long as the team do well we can suffer never understanding what's said on the tannoy 

The Tannoy in North Stand is way more audible than the horrendous speakers in the Main stand. I was at the U-20s game last night and sat in the main stand for the first time in a while and the god awful speakers near made my ears bleed. Its like the old highland League speaker set up

I sit in the main stand behind the away dugout and this season, so far, this has been the worst ever for trying to decipher any announcements. Really annoying but, more

seriously, what if the tannoy system needed to announce a real emergency, would the crowd be able to hear it?.

• Agree 1