Matchday Thread v Partick

tm4tj

Excellent Preview from your Alternative Maryhill, as he asks some searching questions ahead of today's game at Firhill. If you enjoyed this one, give him a greenie and you can read his report after the game as well.

With Scotty away use this for the Matchday Topic, unless some kind mod has time to create a real one.

• tm4tj pinned this topic

The season is off and running at Ibrox and 54,000 people have suddenly fallen silent as Ali Crawford stuns the home support with a tremendous goal. Get it right up you.

On a more serious note, keep clear of this area.

A street in Glasgow has been closed amid reports a building has partially collapsed.

Police and the fire service were called out to the building in the Partick area of the city around midday on Saturday.

The junction at Dumbarton Road, Byres Road and Coopers Well Street has been closed and Benalder Street has also been sealed off as emergency services deal with the incident.

Pictures on social media showed rubble lying in the street near outdoor tables for a restaurant.

A fire service spokeswoman said crews were "in attendance to reports of a dangerous building."

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1363029-streets-closed-after-building-partially-collapses/?utm_source=highlandfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Partick Thistle

Cerny, Booth, Welsh, Lindsay, Osman, Amoo, Doolan, Erskine, Lawless, Devine, Gordon.

Subs; Scully, Azeez, Wilson, Edwards, McDaid, Syme, Pogba

Inverness CT

Owain Fon Williams, Raven, Tremarco, McNaughton, Warren, Polworth, Vigurs, Mulraney, Tansey, Boden, King.

Subs: Mackay(g/k), Draper, Doran, Brown, Horner, Fisher, Sutherland

1. #ICTFC v #PTFC subs: Mackay, Horner, Brown, Draper, Doran, Sutherland, Fisher.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

#ICTFC v #PTFC XI: Fon Williams; Raven, McNaughton, Warren, Tremarco, Tansey, Polworth, King, Vigurs, Mulraney, Boden.

Has the Bogey team struck again according to BBC Stats we had more possession more shots more corners just no goals I think we needed no less than a draw here today . What has happened to Meekings  not even on the Bench ????

Now where have I seen these remarks before ?

Foran's side were unable to fashion any genuine goalscoring opportunities ; Having scored 12 goals in their previous two matches in the League Cup, their lack of cutting edge would have disappointed their manager; Tomas Cerny in the home goal was entirely untroubled over the course of the 90 minutes and though Partick Thistle created few chances of their own, they were sufficiently clinical to punish their opponents; Caley Thistle looked a better side after the break but found themselves further behind as they failed to clear from a Sean Welsh set-piece; Lawless went close with a fierce drive and Kris Doolan had a late strike pushed away by Fon Williams as the home side looked to add to their lead; Though they were unable to do that, they came under little pressure at the other end to comfortably see out the match with a victory.

We edged possession - please tell me that this was not due to "tippy-tappy".

5-2 to us on corners and 8-6 on attempted shots - Positive ?

First half was even with us having more possession but no cutting edge and then Vigurs fails to fight for a ball just inside our half, Partick move it well and Erskine curls it in well. Second half started with Partick pushing harder and pushing us back. The second goal was a cross from a free kick and all our defenders stopped and called for offside, Partick player headed the ball back across goal and it was scrambled in. We never looked like scoring but the disappointing thing is that both goals were avoidable. Vigurs had an off day and Polly looked very out of sorts. He seems to be flat footed and is never anticipating the ball. Overall very disappointed with performance but its still early and ICT are notoriously bad starters.

**** poor, flew in the face of everything they've done pre season. Pitiful performance and no desire to win, worryingly reminiscent of last season. Wake up caley, before were out of another cup and firmly rooted to the bottom of the league 

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

First defeat of the season feels like a bigger blow than it should. That's only due to them playing so well prior.

Perhaps that was because all our previous games were against lower league sides.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, tm4tj said:

The season is off and running at Ibrox and 54,000 people have suddenly fallen silent as Ali Crawford stuns the home support with a tremendous goal. Get it right up you.

What does this have to do with Partick v ICTFC? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Slightly off topic, but I always wonder why we don't have pre season games against tougher opposition? 

I am well aware that playing lesser teams, banging in goals will boost confidence but not sure if this is really that beneficial..........

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Slightly off topic, but I always wonder why we don't have pre season games against tougher opposition? 

I am well aware that playing lesser teams, banging in goals will boost confidence but not sure if this is really that beneficial..........

I expect the main reason is we can't afford to tour these days and would be dependent on the bigger sides coming to us which they don't seem to want to do.

I've always said that pre season is about trying things out and getting fit. We've a new manager with new ideas and some new players to gel into the side.

It didn't work for against Partick yesterday but when we go there in the League it never does. They're a bit of a bogey side. Its going to take time  but I think we have the makings of quite a good side and if we can steer clear of injuries / suspensions etc we may do quite well.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unpinned this topic