Team for Alloa

WYNESS101

I think the team selection will depend a lot on how certain players have reacted to playing on artificial surfaces. Don't think Alloa's is the best so team selection may be more difficult to predict as a result. Would not expect Doran to start but come on as a sub.

Just now, Huisdean said:

I think the team selection will depend a lot on how certain players have reacted to playing on artificial surfaces. Don't think Alloa's is the best so team selection may be more difficult to predict as a result. Would not expect Doran to start but come on as a sub.

They had their pitch relaid over Summer and is now the same as Falkirk have.. Still not grass but apparently much better than before.

I know we won't because nobody does anymore but I'd really like us to play two up front on Tuesday. Boden was completely exposed whenever the ball came into him on Saturday and when Fisher came on he had a few decent flick ons.

OFW

Raven McNaughton Warren Tremarco

Mulraney Draper Tansey King

Boden Fisher

Subs: McKay, Brown, Horner, Vigurs, Polworth, Doran, Sutherland, 

• Agree 2

Anyone know why Draper didn't start on Saturday? Surely he's the first name on the team sheet, if fit. Hopefully, he starts on Tuesday and he MUST start against County: He usually has them all wound up within the first minute...

15 hours ago, RiG said:

We had won the previous two games 5 - 1 and 7 - 0 with Draper on the bench. No real reason to change a team that's turned in those results.

I see that...to an extent. It depends on why he was put on the bench in the previous games. Might have been because he had a niggle and wasn't to be risked or it might have been to "save" one of our best players for more important games. If the latter, I would have thought he should have started on Saturday irrespective of how well the team had done in the previous games. Against tougher opposition, I'd certainly have him in preference to Polworth or Vigurs because of his ball-winning and ability to get beyond the strikers.

Let's hope he starts tomorrow night......and on Saturday.

Edited by PerfICT

We seem to have been somewhat outthought on Saturday with Mulraney being nullified and largely bereft of ideas with things improving once Draper came on.

I would be inclined to drop Mulraney and Polworth to the bench and bring in Draper and Doran from the start.

There is absolutely no room for complacency or experiment here. Forget our past cup hammerings of Alloa, they are a very good team now and are in a rich vein of form. They topped their group humiliating County in the process and on Saturday battered a very good Peterhead side who themselves have been in good form.

This is a trophy we are capable of winning but we will need to be at our best and fully focused to clear this hurdle first.

• Agree 1

Alloa are looking for a second Highland scalp in the League Cup after victory over Ross County in the group stages saw the holders knocked out. :lol:

Jim Goodwin returns from suspension for the in-form hosts. :redcard:

Inverness CT winger Aaron Doran could start for the first time in 13 months following his return from a serious knee injury. :clapoverhead:

Caley Thistle sailed through the group stage of the League Cup but came unstuck at the weekend, opening their Premiership campaign with a 2-0 loss at Partick Thistle. :cry:

Alloa have made a flying start to the season, maintaining their 100% record with a 4-0 win at home to Peterhead in League One. :sad:

Inverness manager Richie Foran: "Alloa have had a great group stage. "They conceded less goals than us, finished top of their group, and had a great win on Saturday as well, scoring four goals against Peterhead. But I believe in my players." :blush:

Alloa boss Jack Ross: "This will be a very difficult game against a full-time side, but I could not have asked any more from the players ahead of it. :wave:

:ictscarf:

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We seem to have been somewhat outthought on Saturday with Mulraney being nullified and largely bereft of ideas with things improving once Draper came on.

I would be inclined to drop Mulraney and Polworth to the bench and bring in Draper and Doran from the start.

There is absolutely no room for complacency or experiment here. Forget our past cup hammerings of Alloa, they are a very good team now and are in a rich vein of form. They topped their group humiliating County in the process and on Saturday battered a very good Peterhead side who themselves have been in good form.

This is a trophy we are capable of winning but we will need to be at our best and fully focused to clear this hurdle first.

Agree with Kingsmills, but would be cautious about bringing back a player with a serious knee injury into a game on an artificial pitch. I'd keep Doran on the bench and introduce him later in the game, either to make something happen if we're down, or to give hime game time if we're comfortable. No room for any complacency here.

Looking forward to my first game of the season, and just hoping for anything that will get us into the last 8. We were pretty poor on Saturday, whilst Alloa have been showing consistent, tremendous form this season, with home advantage on an artificial pitch, hoping to reach the QF for the first time in 50 years. They will fancy their chances, let's hope we can take our chances.