Category A

TopSix

14 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Potentially our most entertaining season.

More category A matches. More cost for individual matches yet it's cheaper to buy a Season Ticket.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/5c1d6b2c-4ed6-4785-8ba0-4e6296dba9fc

Yeah, I can understand it as a strategy to persuade people to make a bigger saving by buying a season ticket, but it might also put off potential new fans or those who live far from Inverness, or who work a lot of weekends, for whom buying a season ticket isn't worthwhile. A difficult position, I appreciate, as drastically lowering prices didn't work either for teams like Motherwell in the past.   

13 hours ago, TopSix said:

£25 for the North Stand, £30 for the Main Stand. Bit too pricey surely? 

With that pricing think it's safe to say we might well see the worst top flight attendance ever for a highland derby

The derby should be a showpiece event for the highlands sadly it's now being diluted into a normal run of the mill game

Greed is a terrible trait

Dougal

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

£30 is a shocking price and £25 for the North Stand isn't much better. 

If we break 4,000 for this game we'll be doing well.

It's only £10.56 a month dearer than that for the North Stand adult ST book. Paying in 10 monthly installments.

Even cheaper paying it up in one go.

Once the season ticket book is paid for then you don't give the cost of the match a second thought what ever time of year 

• Disagree 1

When you are travelling a distance that cost adds to the total outlay. When you are a devotee you would probably still be disappointed. If you are trying to attract neutrals or tourists you have failed. And you can't plan in advance anymore as you rarely know what day and what time the game will be in Category A fixtures becos of the telly. Fraud I will be targeting away games this season in lesser venues.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

The club should initiate a last minute deal fist thing Friday of £20 or £15 although this might annoy those who have already bought tickets but consistent with offloading unsold theatre tickets. 

The problem there is, with theatre tickets you take the risk of not getting in :laugh:

All you'll get at TCS is everybody mobbing an overcrowded ticket office every Friday.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

When you are travelling a distance that cost adds to the total outlay. When you are a devotee you would probably still be disappointed. If you are trying to attract neutrals or tourists you have failed. And you can't plan in advance anymore as you rarely know what day and what time the game will be in Category A fixtures becos of the telly. Fraud I will be targeting away games this season in lesser venues.

^this. 

• Agree 2

There is no doubt that the tickets are very pricey. My first match at Kingsmills back in the sixties cost me a shilling (five pence) at a turnstyle marked 'Boys and OAPs' Clearly no thought that girls might like to attend the football back in those days. Thankfully, things have changed for the better since then.

One other thing that has changed for the better is that instead of watching your milkman, postie or PE Teacher turn out for a tenner a week we now have the privilege of watching a team of full time professional athletes competing in the top tier of our national football league who already have one major national trophy in their CV playing in a modern all seater stadium.

The harsh fact is that to bring that level of football to Inverness now costs circa four million pounds a year and that money has to be found somewhere. The club are not fleecing supporters, indeed they offer very competitive season ticket packages and the occasional one off deals but the fact of the matter is that if we want to continue to watch football at the level we currently do we are going to have to pay for it.

If the club could get twice the attendance by halving the cost they would but they have attempted to go down that route but it doesn't work unfortunately.

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

There is no doubt that the tickets are very pricey. My first match at Kingsmills back in the sixties cost me a shilling (five pence) at a turnstyle marked 'Boys and OAPs' Clearly no thought that girls might like to attend the football back in those days.

Sounds about right, though, for a club which, to the very end, banned women from entering its boardroom:smile:

Seriously, though, the points made there are bang on. If it's costing £4M to run a club, then it has to get that money from somewhere and gate receipts are an important part of this. It's quite clear that ticket prices have to be set at the point on the elasticity of demand curve which maximises income. The difficulty is that players' wage expectations are such that it's difficult for most clubs to make ends meet.

Take ICT. The ballpark attendance is maybe 3000 odd, depending on opponents, and prices probably maximises income. Drop the ticket price and attendance won't rise in proportion. Increase the price and gates will fall more than in proportion. Meanwhile the ballpark, possibly quite variable, player wage is believed to be around £1000 a week. This begs questions. Are players who can only attract 3000-odd fans worth £1000 a week? Is that wage level artificially inflated by the football environment in which it exists, thus creating a false market? I suggest that the answers there are No... and Yes.

Football is operating the economics of the madhouse where TV reveneues and billionaires with more money than sense are distorting the market at the very top and this is working right down through the system, helped on its way by benefactors such as at Dundee United, Ross County, Rangers etc who - for their own reasons - choose to donate money so that expenditure can well exceed real revenue. To be fair ICT,although quite far down that list, has also had episodes of this over the years - eg Ian Fraser, Tullochs and the more recent Muirfield Mills investment. Between one thing and another, the game has created an artificial situation where players are paid hugely above their realistic market value. For instance, that £1000 a week is well, well above the average working wage and you do have to question whether it can be justified for a 25 hour week which includes playing in front of 3000 people in the top tier of a very poor national set up. But since everybody else is offering similarly inflated sums, clubs have to stretch every financial sinew they have - which includes raising ticket prices to the very limit of the income they can generate.

One of the biggest absurdities is the Highland League where Nairn's recent, highly publicised abandonment by their sponsors has really got people talking about - and frequently criticising - HL wage levels. Let's be realistic. The HL is the fifth tier of, as I've said, a poor national set up. Skill levels are pretty low, fitness levels even lower. With all due respect to them, they are by and large not very good, and hugely inferior to many other local performers in other sports. They train - often reluctantly - just twice a week and play in front of crowds in the lower end of the three figure bracket. But there are not a few HL clubs paying signing on fees well into the thousands in addition to hundreds of pounds a week in wages. These remuneration levels are totally nonsensical - even before you consider that there are world class performers in Rio who are actually out of pocket getting where they have.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, givmeaccccc said:

Regardless of all the fancy surmising £30 is just far too much to attract a casual Dad/Mum and perhaps children. And, after last season's product on the park I bet we have sold fewer season tickets as a result.

If we have, this season's product on the park will reverse that trend.

£30 is the MAXIMUM (if you exclude boxes & hospitality)....there are cheaper options for those who do not wish to pay that much.

Whether you agree with the £30 ticket or not, those bleating on about it without giving any consideration to/credit for the cheaper options are doing the club more harm by putting people off than that ONE ticket price is doing....thus reducing the clubs income.

Prices in the North Stand are £25, £20 & £10....the vast majority of matchday ticket sales fall into the £20 or less categories.

Dont be knocking Highland League football folks, that's where we`ve `come from!

I`ve been to a fair few games last few years and its good enough value for money, even more so than

most Caley games(especially last year)

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Ten4 said:

Dont be knocking Highland League football folks, that's where we`ve `come from!

I`ve been to a fair few games last few years and its good enough value for money, even more so than

most Caley games(especially last year)

Ten4 - I really love the Highland League and am very disappointed to see it go the way it is. Indeed much of the feedback I am getting on this is from Highland League people - former players, managers etc - who are completely dismayed not only at what players are now getting for doing very little but also at the frequent lack of commitment to the clubs that pay them this silly money. A good friend of mine played for Caley in the late 60s for £3 17s 6d a week with negligible signing on fees at a time when HL standards were very probably a lot higher. Index linked to now, that comes to under £50 a week. As I said above, nowadays it's often thousands to sign and hundreds a week to play in front of much smaller crowds. Too many Highland League clubs have become the personal vanity projects of local businessmen who fail to realise that they are big(gish) fish in a pretty small pond.

I think the demise of Nairn's Narden arrangement - which was also, usually in private, widely criticised when it was in operation - has opened a whole can of worms with respect to the lack of value for money that a lot of Highland League players are showing. It's also perhaps worth observing that if, even at the low prices quoted, attendances are as low as they are, then the quality of the product can't be all that high.

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Sounds about right, though, for a club which, to the very end, banned women from entering its boardroom:smile:

Seriously, though, the points made there are bang on. If it's costing £4M to run a club, then it has to get that money from somewhere and gate receipts are an important part of this. It's quite clear that ticket prices have to be set at the point on the elasticity of demand curve which maximises income. The difficulty is that players' wage expectations are such that it's difficult for most clubs to make ends meet.

Take ICT. The ballpark attendance is maybe 3000 odd, depending on opponents, and prices probably maximises income. Drop the ticket price and attendance won't rise in proportion. Increase the price and gates will fall more than in proportion. Meanwhile the ballpark, possibly quite variable, player wage is believed to be around £1000 a week. This begs questions. Are players who can only attract 3000-odd fans worth £1000 a week? Is that wage level artificially inflated by the football environment in which it exists, thus creating a false market? I suggest that the answers there are No... and Yes.

Football is operating the economics of the madhouse where TV reveneues and billionaires with more money than sense are distorting the market at the very top and this is working right down through the system, helped on its way by benefactors such as at Dundee United, Ross County, Rangers etc who - for their own reasons - choose to donate money so that expenditure can well exceed real revenue. To be fair ICT,although quite far down that list, has also had episodes of this over the years - eg Ian Fraser, Tullochs and the more recent Muirfield Mills investment. Between one thing and another, the game has created an artificial situation where players are paid hugely above their realistic market value. For instance, that £1000 a week is well, well above the average working wage and you do have to question whether it can be justified for a 25 hour week which includes playing in front of 3000 people in the top tier of a very poor national set up. But since everybody else is offering similarly inflated sums, clubs have to stretch every financial sinew they have - which includes raising ticket prices to the very limit of the income they can generate.

One of the biggest absurdities is the Highland League where Nairn's recent, highly publicised abandonment by their sponsors has really got people talking about - and frequently criticising - HL wage levels. Let's be realistic. The HL is the fifth tier of, as I've said, a poor national set up. Skill levels are pretty low, fitness levels even lower. With all due respect to them, they are by and large not very good, and hugely inferior to many other local performers in other sports. They train - often reluctantly - just twice a week and play in front of crowds in the lower end of the three figure bracket. But there are not a few HL clubs paying signing on fees well into the thousands in addition to hundreds of pounds a week in wages. These remuneration levels are totally nonsensical - even before you consider that there are world class performers in Rio who are actually out of pocket getting where they have.

Not actually true Charles. When I was on the management committee at Caley I was always made very welcome in the Kingsmills boardroom. Cant say the same at some league teams at the same time Berwick and Stirling Albion to name 2 in SC games

• Agree 2

Supporters are perfectly entitled to 'bleat' (Caley D) about prices if they want to and are doing the club no harm whatsover. Everbody knows that there are less expensive tickets for students, youngsters etc. I have two season tickets and reckon I am well placed to pass on not only my opinion but those of many others who sit around me in the Main Stand. As many of us left after the last game at the end of last season I can vouch for the fact that the majority of folk who have held season tickets since the club's inception were well pissed off with the product on the park. No way would they give up on the club but many have chosen to pick their games this season.

36 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Not actually true Charles. When I was on the management committee at Caley I was always made very welcome in the Kingsmills boardroom. Cant say the same at some league teams at the same time Berwick and Stirling Albion to name 2 in SC games

CB seldom lets the truth get in the way of what he considers a bon mot.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1