Category A

TopSix

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Not actually true Charles. When I was on the management committee at Caley I was always made very welcome in the Kingsmills boardroom. Cant say the same at some league teams at the same time Berwick and Stirling Albion to name 2 in SC games

OK, I'll amend that very slightly. From what OCG says, it seems that a half time tea and pie - presumably served by other women - was OK.... or possibly part of an obligation to entertain all committee members of visiting clubs. But women, since they were banned from being members of Inverness Thistle FC, were also banned from attending meetings there in which Inverness Thistle FC were involved. I learned that from a conversation I had with INE's CEO Fiona Larg when I was writing Against All Odds. Fiona was INE's lead merger negotiator but told me she had to hand over to her Chairman Norman Cordiner when it came to meetings at Kingsmills because she wasn't allowed to attend. These meetings included one particularly fraught night of shuttle diplomacy on which the whole thing could easily have foundered. Before completing the final draft of the book, I checked this with Thistle sources who confirmed the story which was also not contradicted by any of the Thistle representatives on the ICT Board who all read the entire manuscript before publication. The tale is to be found on P40.

Indeed the only thing in the book that anyone did query was when I referred to Ian Fraser, who had recently bought £300K+ of shares which are now owned by the Hospice, as "Coffin John". Someone told me "You can't call him that because down here we call him 'sir'!" It didn't take long for things to change there.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Disagree 3

Alway laugh when the free loading press or folk on the payroll try to justify ticket costs regardless what club it implies too

Let's not beat about the bush here £30 is an absolute disgrace for a run of the mill league game all be it a derby that is now sadly no longer as exciting

I probably would pay grudgingly £30 for a European night but even then it would have to be against quality opposition not unknown entities from Eastern europe

Dougal

22 hours ago, 12th Man said:

It's only £10.56 a month dearer than that for the North Stand adult ST book. Paying in 10 monthly installments.

Even cheaper paying it up in one go.

Once the season ticket book is paid for then you don't give the cost of the match a second thought what ever time of year 

Not everyone can afford or commit to a season ticket. For fans who have to pick and chose their games, for whatever reason that might be, these prices can only be off putting.

I'd be interested to know how many walk up fans we have. If season ticket sales have remained steady then it certainly looks like the number of walk up supporters has reduced over the years.

On 08/08/2016 at 10:30 AM, 12th Man said:

It's only £10.56 a month dearer than that for the North Stand adult ST book. Paying in 10 monthly installments.

Even cheaper paying it up in one go.

Once the season ticket book is paid for then you don't give the cost of the match a second thought what ever time of year 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Not everyone can afford or commit to a season ticket. For fans who have to pick and chose their games, for whatever reason that might be, these prices can only be off putting.

I'd be interested to know how many walk up fans we have. If season ticket sales have remained steady then it certainly looks like the number of walk up supporters has reduced over the years.

What is it £3 dearer than last year?

Fans could have got an extra 5% off if they bought the ST book by a certain date. If fans can't commit to a season ticket book. Then the occasional £30 (max price main stand) shouldn't be a problem.

As CaleyD mentions 6 of your games are free if you buy a Season Ticket and everyone is looking for a bargain these days.

Either phone, online or buy it at the club shop and the Season Ticket book is in your hand, all ready to use for our first home game.

Fans who complain that ticket prices are too high are absolutely right. In terms of how much of their earnings people have to pay for an hour and a half's entertainment, they indeed are. The problem is that the football market is so contrived and artificial that wage costs substantially outstrip what any sensible market should dictate.

Look at this back of an envelope calculation for ICT. Operating costs - around £4 million. Attendances - well, without rigorously researching numbers, let's say 19 home games at ballpark average 3700, that's 70,000. Add in home and away cup revenue share equivalent to, say a quite generous 20,000 (very variable) and you get a total of 90,000 paying customers in a season. Your £4 million costs - the biggest component of which is players' wages - divided by your 90,000 bums on seats then comes out at a cost of about £44 per spectator view.

That's beginning to make £30 look quite cheap, but of course these costs are subsidised (I thought I would just use that word to see if I can annoy Dougal:lol:) by the likes of TV revenues, sponsorship and the commercial activities in which clubs engage to ensure that, against that £44, the likes of £30 is an exceptional maximum and the going rate is a good deal lower.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

58 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Season ticket sales is a figure which tends not to be very readily available!

Now that does surprise me. We know how many fairy tale books have been sold but not a breakdown of the number of season ticket holders - Why ? Perhaps I could ask how many fans who live 50 miles from Sneckie have a season ticket ?

10 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Now that does surprise me. We know how many fairy tale books have been sold but not a breakdown of the number of season ticket holders - Why ? Perhaps I could ask how many fans who live 50 miles from Sneckie have a season ticket ?

+ 1 RiG :smile:

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Season ticket sales is a figure which tends not to be very readily available!

Sadly, that has been the case for years. The majority to clubs in the Premiership are happy to disclose and even boast about their season ticket sales but, apart from in the very early years, we have been very coy about ours.

I appreciate that some things are commercially sensitive but the number of season ticket holders is not one of them. The club promised more openness so disclosing such information which is of interest to fans would be a good start as would be the thought processes and motivation behind changing the club crest. An explanation, whether the majority agree with it or not, would put that particular issue which has become unnecessarily contentious to bed.

14 minutes ago, dougal said:

Even more interesting would be how many season ticket holders were actually born and bred Invernessians?

Think people would really be shocked by the findings 

Dougal

Such irrelevant information would be of little interest to anyone other than the odd obsessive.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

18 minutes ago, dougal said:

Even more interesting would be how many season ticket holders were actually born and bred Invernessians?

Dougal

Ha Ha you don't even live in Scotland and don't have a season ticket but find it more important to not only be born in Inverness but be conceived their too.

You are the king of the wind up merchants.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

What does it matter where our fans are from? If you support the club, you support the club. Doesn't make you a better / worse fan. 

I think this is simply Dougal's latest pathetic attempt to suggest that Inverness people don't support Caley Thistle because they are grossly offended in their tens of thousands at what no more than 250 ever voted against - quarter of a century ago.

On the other hand his pronouncements are so ridiculous that you have to think that he's just a long term wind up!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Such irrelevant information would be of little interest to anyone other than the odd obsessive.

Says Rural Aberdeenshire!! It's surely relevant information to the club so they can target the correct people for future season ticket sales

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Ha Ha you don't even live in Scotland and don't have a season ticket but find it more important to not only be born in Inverness but be conceived their too.

You are the king of the wind up merchants.

I'm back living in Inverness now but you are correct I will freely admit I don't have a season ticket, I'm working class with all sorts of expenses, remember not all folk fit in the middle class to upper class bracket and can easily afford season tickets or hand out £30 quid 

53 minutes ago, TopSix said:

What does it matter where our fans are from? If you support the club, you support the club. Doesn't make you a better / worse fan. 

Never said it did matter or it made you a better/worse fan, I agree the more supporters the better however it's obvious when attending home games that there are fewer Invernessian accents in the stands. 

It's merely an observation from personal experience

Lastly let's hope the track and field in Rio starts soon, you never know we might get a break from having to read the drivel that spews oot the gob of the self acclaimed athletics expert, sadly I doubt it though

Dougal

Edited by dougal
Spelling
  • Agree 3

How many ex Caley and Thistle fans do you know who support other teams ? Just Sussed that of the twenty main living friends that used to go to games with me that only two follow ICT. I also know six who have season tickets becos they live in Sneck but support other teams.