Category A

TopSix

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 8:09 PM, TopSix said:

A lot of the wee team fans were put off by the ticket prices http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread.php?tid=1937

Pretty sure they charge us £23 normally. A whole 2 quid difference. County fans seem to look for any excuse not to come. I'll never forget that New Years game where they must have taken about 400. lol 

• Agree 1

I had a quick nosey at the ticket prices of the other Premiership teams to see what they were charging. I've attached the results here. There is a degree of variance in the prices due to differences between how some teams categorise a childs ticket (for example). Some consider a child to be U12 others go up to U16. Concessions are similar in that some clubs included students in this particular 'band' but others didn't (Hearts surprisingly didn't include any obvious information for student ticket prices or maybe I just missed it).

I've looked at prices that would likely be charged for away fans based on my experiences of where we've been placed as ICT supporters. Where I wasn't sure there is a range of prices given (e.g. Motherwell adult prices range from £19 - £22).

Some interesting points to note mindful of the above caveats - ICT have one of the highest admission prices in the league for adults (only Celtic charge more), our admission price for a concession is the highest in the league, tickets for kids are a wee bit better (cheaper than Ross County, more expensive than Partick and Killie).

Shout out to Saint Johnstone who apparently let in U12s for free with a paying adult.

Tickets.docx

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Can't blame them, that's a helluva price for a Partick match.

I thought exactly like you Yngwie so checked distances. Parkhead to Firhill 4.7 miles. Parkhead to Ibrox 7.5 miles. Yep it is a helluva lot for a Celtic Partick game

Nice touch from Southampton yesterday. £20 seems like a very reasonable price to attend an English Premier League match. We're playing Celtic on the 18th of September. I assume it's going to be on TV. Will North Stand tickets be priced at £25 for adults?

FB_IMG_1472371015858.jpg

7 hours ago, TopSix said:

Nice touch from Southampton yesterday. £20 seems like a very reasonable price to attend an English Premier League match. We're playing Celtic on the 18th of September. I assume it's going to be on TV. Will North Stand tickets be priced at £25 for adults?

FB_IMG_1472371015858.jpg

Southampton fans (and others) are lucky that their main sponsor is able to subsidise the cost of tickets for away games. As before, the English game is awash with money so they can afford to do things like this. Unless we suddenly find one of our sponsors subbing tickets then they will just be the usual price.

Edited by RiG

I think we all know the answer to the question. Will Celtic be priced as a category A or B match.

Regarding away travel. It's really handy for Virgin trains to encourage all supporters to attend more away games for the cost of £20. Using trains perhaps?

Which to me shines a light over CJT who with a far smaller budget and far less competition for buses can also provide travel throughout Scotland and still cap it at £20

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I think we all know the answer to the question. Will Celtic be priced as a category A or B match.

Regarding away travel. It's really handy for Virgin trains to encourage all supporters to attend more away games for the cost of £20. Using trains perhaps?

Which to me shines a light over CJT who with a far smaller budget and far less competition for buses can also provide travel throughout Scotland and still cap it at £20

Price per adult for St Johnstone bus to Inverness £8. I don't know who subsidises it though.

As for the Virgin trains offer.....doesn't help Scottish fans.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, 12th Man said:

This season we have been working really hard to get local businesses on board to sponsor the buses to enable us to run a bus to every game.  We have a few on board so far and hope to confirm a few more soon.  This will help keep the prices down for travelling supporters. 

There is also a lot of fundraising done to keep prices down while the cost of hiring the bus goes up every year!

• Agree 1

On 8/28/2016 at 7:55 PM, TopSix said:

Surely there must be more avenues to explore in terms of getting more investment into our club? 

the best and most sustainable way of improving cash flow into the club is to increase the fanbase.

no idea how this can be done more than it already is - winning apparently doesn't help long-term.  Still too many OF families in the area.

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

the best and most sustainable way of improving cash flow into the club is to increase the fanbase.

no idea how this can be done more than it already is - winning apparently doesn't help long-term.  Still too many OF families in the area.

And did you not know that although many of the maximum of 250 who voted against the merger 20 odd years ago have always come to games.... at least 6000 of them are still boycotting the Caledonian Stadium?

If Dougal was here he would tell you, Sunny Chim!!!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

On 28/08/2016 at 4:14 PM, Alex MacLeod said:

Price per adult for St Johnstone bus to Inverness £8. I don't know who subsidises it though.

As for the Virgin trains offer.....doesn't help Scottish fans.

£8 it doesn't surprise me one bit with one hours travel to the majority of games they can afford to take a hit to  head north.

Last time I checked it's about £230 getting a bus through from Moray shire on a Saturday at £8 you only need 30 for it to pay for itself

12 hours ago, CaleyJagsTogether said:

This season we have been working really hard to get local businesses on board to sponsor the buses to enable us to run a bus to every game.  We have a few on board so far and hope to confirm a few more soon.  This will help keep the prices down for travelling supporters. 

There is also a lot of fundraising done to keep prices down while the cost of hiring the bus goes up every year!

Excellent news.

9 hours ago, 12th Man said:

£8 it doesn't surprise me one bit with one hours travel to the majority of games they can afford to take a hit to  head north.

Last time I checked it's about £230 getting a bus through from Moray shire on a Saturday at £8 you only need 30 for it to pay for itself

Excellent news.

Exactly with our buses costing up to £650 its really hard to keep prices down when they can sometimes not be well supported