Scotty

10 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I did notice that in the Partick highlights we were wide open on the right flank for the goals with an extra player coming into the box for check mate.

Same with county for goal no 2.

Diagonal ball across for County to pick up if he doesn't take a shot then there's a County player coming into the big space created in front of goal.

When is Sportscene  on as I can only find it on i  player.

I like Polworth but playing him at RM is not the best use of him. He constantly comes into the centre of the pitch and doesn't often come back to help out his full back. Look at how Horner was destroyed in that game v United last season. He had Polworth playing in front of him and received little support when United attacked down their left as Polworth had been dragged into the middle. I feel we often lose our shape a wee bit when we employ this set up.

Regardless of that, there is no way we should be conceding a goal when it's simply a humped ball from one side of the pitch to the other. It was shocking defending but credit to Boyce for that superb touch he took to get back inside Raven.

• Agree 2

On 14/08/2016 at 9:37 AM, ictfcsince94 said:

Foran turned up in his suit, as are the players now, which I think is a good change that Richie has made.

it's funny really, everyone shouts for more direct, attacking football, but in doing so, you leave yourself vulnerable to losing goals. you cant have it both ways. we criticise the team for playing out from the back, then moan when they play a hopeful long ball, or try and slip through a pass that gets cut out.

WE asked for change. we got it. time to deal with the consequences.

A six-pointer - the second game of the season - get a grip!

Well judged post, obviously a bit of a bummer that we've lost three games in a row, but going to be a classic 'transitional' season which we may or may not survive, but we have a young in-experienced manager at the helm. Hopeful Meekings will be back soon as he is a big miss. However lets give the new guys a wee bit of time to blend in. A top six position is possibly a tall order this season, just need to avoid becoming the 'whipping boys'.

At my youngest daughters wedding on Saturday and only this result and Palace's put any sort of dampner on the day.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:45 AM, dougal said:

One thing is for certain an ICT team under Yogi wouldn't have laid down the way they did to County yesterday

I stand by my six pointer claim I watched two teams that are destined for the bottom six yesterday, whether that equates to relegation battles time will tell

Dougal

Yes a confrontation between two "bottom 6" teams (as I believe they will be) is a 6-pointer irrespective of when in the season the game takes place ... imho. 

22 hours ago, givmeaccccc said:

For the umpeenth season in a row we are left in mid August scratching around looking for new players whilst every other team has completed their business. No wonder so many people chose not to attend yesterday when we are once again at the tale end in more ways than one. Yesterday was my first sight of the 4 new guys. I certainly didn't see anything to excite me about any of them. We were totally outclassed by a much stronger, together team from over the bridge. Davis was like a magnet all day and must have a sair heed at the number of headers he had. Why when there were breaks in play did you see the County team crowded round their manager presumably for words of encouragement and Ritchie not once called anyone over? Similarly why did we not see our captain encouraging the new boys during these breaks. We did not look like a happy, together team. Tansey looked like a man with moving ideas in his head!

However we must keep the faith and believe that there are a couple of signings to come in.

For the parts highlighted in bold, pure supposition and speculation on your part. County players primarily coming over for a drink at these breaks, not for pearls of wisdom from the management team or any great encouragement. I sit five rows behind the away dug out so could see what was happening

On 14 August 2016 at 6:29 PM, Huisdean said:

Keep the faith and support the team. As for Dougal, your posts are truly astonishing in their quality. Please post elsewhere:crazy:

This coming from Huisdean an AberdonIan who used to be a regular at Pittodrie

Keep the faith and support fair enough but you seem a tad confused, do you mean ICT , the Dons or both?

Dougal

• tm4tj unpinned this topic