Hearts v Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club Pride of the Highlands

TopSix

I've bought a ticket at Celtic Park before and also queued in with the Rangers fans for our league cup fixture ( wanted name and address and had to pay by card). Surely the odd one or two fans buying tickets at the ground would be ok. Not everyone can plan days in advance for football match. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Not everyone can plan days in advance for football match. 

You are dead right 12th man. I'm sure somebody from Hearts would come up with some reason not to sell match day tickets but, at a time when Scottish football is desperate to get fans through its gates, this does seem like something of an unwanted complication. It's not as if you had to book in advance because grounds are going to be sold out.

There also seems to be a strange irony that Hearts are scrapping a link in the ticket selling chain here in the form of match day cashpoints whereas ICT(POTH):wink: have put in an extra one in the form of the pre-turnstile sales points. (That's not a judgmental statement and merely illustrates a contrast.)

• Agree 1

For some reason I seem to recall that when clubs have been asked about this before it's to do with policing and allows the police an idea of the likely numbers of fans so they can allocate resources appropriately. Absolutely no idea if that is the case but it's just something I think has been mentioned before.

Pretty simple as far as I can recall. Since Hearts came back up, unlike everybody else, they are not 'desperate to get fans through the gates' but can pretty much guarantee filling Tynecastle every game. So there's no point in giving us half the Roseburn if only 200 turn up. I don't like it either but that's life.

9 hours ago, old caley girl said:

It wouldnt be so bad if Hearts would sell a ticket and you could pick it up in Edinburgh? But no you cant do that either!

It wouldn't you're right but, for me, its still wouldn't encourage me to go. I like to pay at the gate (or get a ticket at the office!) when I get there. When you travel a good distance to games like I do anything can go wrong that prevents you making the game. There would be no refund so, I don't bother going. Its that simple really. I can understand it (just) for cup ties etc but for league games? no way. Sod it.

13 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You are dead right 12th man. I'm sure somebody from Hearts would come up with some reason not to sell match day tickets but, at a time when Scottish football is desperate to get fans through its gates, this does seem like something of an unwanted complication. It's not as if you had to book in advance because grounds are going to be sold out.

There also seems to be a strange irony that Hearts are scrapping a link in the ticket selling chain here in the form of match day cashpoints whereas ICT(POTH):wink: have put in an extra one in the form of the pre-turnstile sales points. (That's not a judgmental statement and merely illustrates a contrast.)

Poor effort at taking the P Charles! ICT (POTH)

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Hearts have now informed the club that tickets will be available for purchase at Tynecastle on Saturday.  Collections for tickets purchased in advance will also be available.

Cheers Don, saves me phoning the club, been trying to get hold of Johndo to see if he still wants one :clapping:

35 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Ain't got yer number Mantis and call registered as message. Looks like we are both OK fear tickets. Where are we meeting pre- match ?

Aye it went straight to voicemail so it prob never showed as a missed call.

Will prob go to ticket office before the pub as it will get busy. Usual haunts? Diggers or Caley SampleRoom I suppose.

Sorry for O/T :yellowcard:

Edited by TheMantis

17 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Hearts have now informed the club that tickets will be available for purchase at Tynecastle on Saturday.  Collections for tickets purchased in advance will also be available.

DOH - So why not just do that in the first instance ?!!

With Billy King also out, Meekings presumably not back in the team and El Alagui not signed I guess we will look at lining up along the lines of:

OFW

Horner Raven Warren Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Mulraney Polworth Doran

Boden

Draper has done a job as a stand in CB before, I'd probably rather see him there than Raven. Saying that, Meekings played 90 mins the other night so hopefully he is ready for tomorrow. 

Not optimistic for the game, especially seeing as Hearts will be desperate for a win and should be right up for it. Let's hope we can replicate our form the first time we played them last season!

• Agree 1