Strip

Jenaitchie

personally I would hope that 'reviewing our position' in terms of the shirt deal means we tell them to GTF and find or solicit tenders from a shirt company who will deliver a decent kit, on time with the minimum of fuss.

Probably a non-starter, but I wonder if there is opportunity here for an SPL-wide deal? MLS does this by having a master agreement with Adidas and I have never seen or heard of any issues. The league does the deal, the clubs do the design (with Adidas) and both sell the kits online and in stores. The kits are fine, always of good quality, the launch dates are always well in advance of the season, and as far as I can tell ... launches occur 'as promised'. Works well in MLS due to the centralised nature of the league administration and setup and probably a non-starter in Scotland due to various factors, but after many years of Errea delivering late and now this mob actually making Errea look good perhaps this kind of approach, or maybe a group of smaller clubs going together as a group to negiotate better terms and such might be a feasible approach. 

• Agree 3

Great idea Scotty but sadly, due to a variety of long established reasons, unlikely to be something we ever see in Scotland. 

I know smaller clubs than us are supplied by Nike, Adidas, etc. and I believe the way that works is clubs basically pick an off the shelf design, in club colours, and badges/sponsorship are added. Could, potentially, leave us with the same basic design as a few other clubs but the supply chain is proven to be a lot slicker and organised than what we've experienced since, well, forever! Strips may even be available before the summer holidays!

Not sure what the commercial deal would be compared to whats on offer from errea/carbrini, but I would suspect that a lower % of retained sales is better than no sales at all!

Once again what a huge missed opportunity to sell many more shirts than could have been purchased if they had been available at the end of June. Wearing your team's latest strip when on foreign shores on summer holidays used to be a given but now with Cabrini and us it's become a rarity. Not being able to get hold of a replica top before the season starts will potentialy result in reduced sales.

• Agree 1

We should get one of those Glasgow "entrepreneurs" that seem able to produce T-Shirts and Scarves (and macaroon bars?) a few minutes after the thought occurs to them to fulfill the order .... would be quicker and probably better quality too !!! 

I think they should give a £15 pound discount now that the player event has been cancelled, for all pre orders in September.

They don't even have the option to buy a male adult home shirt on their website, just womens

Edited by 12th Man

36 minutes ago, RiG said:

Absolute shocker from JD Sports / Cabrini here. Hopefully the club will getting them absolutely telt and next season we will see a more reliable kit supplier on board.

By "telt", I take it you mean "to get to feck"

What a disappointing shambles. 

• Agree 1

Absolutely unbelievable level off poor service from JD sports again, this must surely be the last straw!.They think by making apologies on a weekly basis to appease the fans and a £10 discount to buy us off will do the trick......taking the p*** would be an understatement!!!. :redcard:Enough is enough the club & fans deserve better, I think a new kit manufacturer should be found the sooner the better.

Is the problem not more Cabrini rather than JD though...? I'd have thought that JD are waiting on delivery from the manufacturer and as such it's the delay from Cabrini causing the problem? 

What ever the situation it's shambolic and clearly not remotely good enough from all involved. Pleased to hear the club appear to be taking a firm stance on this.

10 minutes ago, Bridge_Ender said:

Is the problem not more Cabrini rather than JD though...? I'd have thought that JD are waiting on delivery from the manufacturer and as such it's the delay from Cabrini causing the problem? 

What ever the situation it's shambolic and clearly not remotely good enough from all involved. Pleased to hear the club appear to be taking a firm stance on this.

JD own the Carbrini brand. Its the same company.

Apologies if this has been pointed out elsewhere on this thread but for the sake of good order I would point out that JD Sports wholly own Carbrini and are the sole outlet which sells said brand. They are one and the same and any attempt by JD to point the finger of blame at third parties is frankly laughable.

One presumes that there will be appropriate termination provisions within our contract which I would anticipate can be activated in the case of material breach of JD/Carbrini's delivery obligations. It's surely quite inconceivable that we would persevere with a supplier (sic) who have repeatedly demonstrated that they are incapable of managing their internal supply chain.

It beggars belief that JD/Carbrini have conspired to make the far from reliable Errea look like paragons of virtue. One hopes someone's on the phone to their Parma HQ as we speak.

I don't buy replica gear myself but ymip Jr has been waiting months to purchase the new kit. Considering it'll be out of date by May it hardly seems worth wasting his cash on this season's kit.

As an aside I would imagine our various kit sponsors are suitably un-chuffed by this shambolic state of affairs. 

• Agree 1

FAO anyone at the club. Please do a deal with one of these, they can't possibly be any worse than the charlatans doing it at the moment.

http://www.justsport-group.com/ (Supply Nike kits to Dundee United, Hibs and Kilmarnock)

http://www.pslteamsports.com/ (Supply Puma kit to Dundee, Macron to Motherwell and various brands to a whole load more, I would imagine this is where County's Macron stuff is coming from)

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/ (Supply Joma kits to Partick Thistle, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Dumbarton)

As the self appointed club kit director I've decided we're going to go with Teamwear Scotland because the Joma stuff just now is absolutely class and if those teams can afford it surely we can too.

Edited by ubern
Appointment

I spoke to the staff outside JD today apparently the stock is lying in a warehouse in Manchester and it seems no matter what the issues with haulage etc no one seems interested to basically just get a van hired and just get the stuff up the road! The girls assured me though the stuff would definitely all be in today and by latest tomorrow, we shall see

Edited by CableGuy

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

A few short memories on here.

Remember a couple of years ago when people on here were on the clubs back to ditch Errea and do a deal with JD Sport?

Careful what you wish for and all that!!!

Can't say I remember anyone specifically asking to do a deal with JD. Yes, people wanted an outlet in town where they could buy the shirt, and maybe people questioned why they couldn't buy it in there, but I don't think anybody specifically called for it to be manufactured by JD/Carbrini.

A quick Google shows them to be the terrible supplier they are, and that's without mentioning how ugly the training/leisurewear is with the massive Carbrini across the back of every item.

We are never going to be any manufacturer's main priority and that's why we should be looking to working with one of the smaller, more accountable companies I listed above.

Bottom line is that we are going to be a small fish in most manufacturer's ponds because we simply dont have the volume of sales to make us a priority.

Having said that, it should not be a challenge to place an order, receive assurances on delivery dates, and then receive the stock in a timely fashion for club and fans alike. Errea had their moments, including shutting down the factory every year for a few weeks for the traditional Italian holiday in the middle of summer in what (to us) seems like prime manufacturing time, but this mob are really taking the piss ! They have history - mostly from this year and last - if you google it, and we really should tell them to stick future contracted years where the sun dont shine. There is no point partnering with a merchant who has a retail outlet to sell our stuff if they cant f****** stock the damn stuff in the first place. 

Not advocating a return to Errea, but a deal with a reputable manufacturer, known to produce good quality merchandise on time should not be too much for us to ask of the club and the club to ask from any manufacturer. The club should look to have the new strip revealed before the end of season (to build or maintain momentum and/or generate some interest over summer) and have it in the club shop around the same time as season ticket renewals so supporters can have it for the summer holidays and wear it with pride on their travels, maybe even give a discount when its bought with the season ticket. I see Adidas supply many small teams in Scotland and most of these big manufacturers already mentioned can also do something off the shelf or moderately custom in a quick turnaround according to their websites. I have no idea of our commercial arrangements with Errea or with JD/Carbrini and what costs/benefits we got from either relationship but it certainly seems that all we are getting at the moment is lost sales, grief, and potential sponsor reticence to put their name to a top that doesn't arrive in the shop in reasonable quantities until late in the year ....   

• Agree 1