Hearts -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

We are relying on some second place players from last season that never had the quality for the first team. Absolutely dire! Raven was well below par against Forres Mechanics. We're a joke just now. Hughes would attract players up here due to his pedigree, who will want to come and take a chance on a rookie manager. That team would struggle in the tier below them. I expect some mouthy comments, but I'm not really fussed. Foran needs to go, a more experienced manager needs brought in sooner than later and budgets need to be realigned and some quality found. Damage limitation. That teams never going to work in a million years, rubbish! I'm out if here.

Edited by Elgin1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

48 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Richie spends the whole game with his arms folded???? There were a few stoppages of play in the game and only once did I see Rice giving instructions..

Not impressed... and less said about Raven the better!

Im sorry that is not true re Brian Rice. He appears to be getting scapegoated  by some (not neccessarily you btw) but I saw him out a lot encouraging and shouting instructions. Things are not good but I feel Richie needs to adjust to dugout role and the job. He doesnt have time on his side tho. 

Having been at the game today, unlike some other posters, I felt it was possibly one of the worst performances away from home since ICT entered the top division. 

We look like a side devoid of a game plan - either home or away.

I still believe Warren, Tansey, Draper and Tremarco have the quality to pull us through but I worry where the support staff are coming from? 

Polworth, Vigurs and Doran certainly have the capability to do well for us but the inconsistency is obvious.

As for our attacking options? Since Billy Mackay left we have been a mile off replacing him.  

Sorry but the buck stops with the Board of Directors. It is their responsibility to raise the funds required to compete at the level we are playing at.Please lets not hear more of our limited budget - it's the board that sets it! If they can't raise the funds needed to compete at this level then they need to GO! The longer this continues, the LESS chance Foran has of digging us out because he doesn't have the experience. I hope he can but he needs HELP!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

Only one way out of our current predicament, hard work. Extra training sessions next week, back to basics, full contact crossing drills - even if it means fat lips and bloody noses. Too many players underperforming. Not time for panic stations just yet. Still wouldn't surprise me for the same starting 11 to hammer Saints next week!

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Sorry but the buck stops with the Board of Directors. It is their responsibility to raise the funds required to compete at the level we are playing at.Please lets not hear more of our limited budget - it's the board that sets it! If they can't raise the funds needed to compete at this level then they need to GO!

You have a replacement Board lined up?  One that will guarantee that the team on the pitch wins?  Let's hear it, then.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You have a replacement Board lined up?  One that will guarantee that the team on the pitch wins?  Let's hear it, then.

Its the current board that employed Richie Foran, its them that the buck stops with, its them that have to raise money to help the manager get a decent team together.   If they are unable to do this the major shareholders have to look at the situation and change things.

This is the smallest team squad i can remember, its a disgrace, somebody decided to give the manager a 4 year contract so they have to support him in this dire situation, whether its in the long term plan to expect relegation and then build from there i don't know but there are a lot of questions to be asked by shareholders. 

• Agree 3

What do you think about these offerings?

1. Richie needs to  show the fire and determination that he showed on the park. That is, maybe he needs to go at the players verbally now. They are not children after all and a stiff pat on the bottie can often  wake a player up to see that more work, drive and effort is a must in this division.

2. Are the main players mentioned,  like Vigurs, etc.,  a bit afraid to  get stuck in and play harder to get the ball? Frantic if necessary.Last season players in his position might have  felt more secure with a more  experienced team beside him  to pick up on his mistakes and help each other out . If so (and I am grasping at straws really I admit) then Richie has to take them aside and warn them that he has no other resources and  they have to  work harder and contribute more. i.e  "this is desperation time, you guys and so I expect a much higher standard of effort and  encouragement throughout the team..... stop being lazy and hanging back etc. etc.  Whether these remarks are earned or disliked ,or not ,what options does he have to motivate the experienced players?

Not been there and just asking.

15 hours ago, caley100 said:

This is just disgrace.    The board should take a lot of flak for this,  if they chose this manager they should at least provide funds to aid his position.  Cant imagine the bus home is going to be fun.    

what funds, there IS NO BUDGET.

14 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Ooops, not a good result at all, although according to the BBC we had nearly as many shots on target as they did?? That was effectively our first team out there...(I presume Billy King was absent due to terms of his loan?)... but already we seem to be down to 5 substitutes. That early season optimism has rather gone up in smoke hasn't it. I think we may be about the find out what a good job both Butcher and Hughes did on sparse resources (and small squads). The loss of Storey and the strange decision not to keep Jordan Roberts is already looking costly on the back of some of the other players that left the club in the summer. The board need to find some money for some quality players (now where did I hear that before?), but I doubt RF will see very much, and in reality the monetary benefits of being in the SPL compared to the Championship wouldn't justify risking the financial survival of the club, whereas in the possible event of us being relegated, we would be competing with clubs with similar finances to us.

Not really, its looking inspired - he's out injured yet again.

14 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Aye John Hughes was crap wasn't he but I sincerely hope Foran  is up to this job and gets immediate financial support to sort what needs sorted. Good luck RF.

THERE IS NO BUDGET

14 hours ago, lightwelter said:

I was at the game and it was a strange one to say the least. If you were to watch the game without any of the goals you'd probably say it was even, our build up play was decent, Mulraney had their left back on toast(before he was worryingly stretchered off) but we were hapless up front. Bolden offered absolutely nothing, he struggled to hold up the ball, and had two chances which ended up as comical misses. Our defending let us down big time, it was so easy for Hearts for all their goals. At the end of the day they have so much more quality than us and it showed with their goals. I've seen us play a lot worse and lose by less, don't no if that's a positive or a negative!

Realistically we need a defender for cover and two attacking options, if we had a Ryan Christie or Matley Walktins today we would have taken something from the game. Unfortunately we'll probably only sign one more player. At this point I'll be happy to stay up. 

Tansey was poor and from the sounds of it he has been all season, Vigurs head went down early, Draper was ok. Horner looked better than Raven, I think we should be starting him. 

On a positive note, the only way is up! 

Going forwards and backwords, most definitely.

14 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Richie spends the whole game with his arms folded???? There were a few stoppages of play in the game and only once did I see Rice giving instructions..

Not impressed... and less said about Raven the better!

No, Richie was balling at the players a lot today, as was Rice.  Raven was shocking - I think maybe Hughes saw something we didnt....

13 hours ago, Elgin1 said:

Foran needs to go, a more experienced manager needs brought in sooner than later and budgets need to be realigned and some quality found. Damage limitation. That teams never going to work in a million years, rubbish! I'm out if here.

Foran's going nowhere. you dont hand out a 4-year deal then kick him out after three games. get a grip mun! and THERE IS NO BUDGET!!

11 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Sorry but the buck stops with the Board of Directors. It is their responsibility to raise the funds required to compete at the level we are playing at.Please lets not hear more of our limited budget - it's the board that sets it! If they can't raise the funds needed to compete at this level then they need to GO! The longer this continues, the LESS chance Foran has of digging us out because he doesn't have the experience. I hope he can but he needs HELP!

How do we know they aren't? and would you rather we over spent, got relegated anyway and oh, go bust because we've overspent on a Premiership budget and we're now playing in the Championship.  and likely grumble at the ST prices staying the same when we playing in the Championship?? oh yes and THERE IS NO BUDGET!!

9 hours ago, caley100 said:

Its the current board that employed Richie Foran, its them that the buck stops with, its them that have to raise money to help the manager get a decent team together.   If they are unable to do this the major shareholders have to look at the situation and change things.

This is the smallest team squad i can remember, its a disgrace, somebody decided to give the manager a 4 year contract so they have to support him in this dire situation, whether its in the long term plan to expect relegation and then build from there i don't know but there are a lot of questions to be asked by shareholders. 

The awarding of a 4-year contract is THAT support.  Its clear they realise its a long-term project, and that things aren't going to be easy, which is why they've given him time.  We need to do the same.

Same old same old on here - the board need to release funds! ffs mun!! we get an average gate of around 3k! theres no funds anywhere!! are they going to bankrupt themselves as individuals to try and dig the club out of a financial mess that it doesn't need to go in?! I'd rather play in the championship than go bust tbh. 

As said, going forward we were very much on a par, quality wise, and the first goal seemed to come against the run of play imho. Defence throughout the team was shocking - giving them too much time and space on the ball, getting cut apart like hot knife through butter, we made it waay to easy for them.

next week, i'd be happy with a 6-4-0 formation and secure a 0-0 and a ,much needed point. time for ugly, park-the-bus football! :) 

• Agree 5

For the third week in a row we stood off the opposition far too much and were second to everything, and by the time we started playing, the game was already lost. I don't know whether it's fear or apathy that's been at the root of the last four performances, but there were several senior professionals in yesterday's side who got us to consecutive top six finishes by imposing themselves on games, competing for everything, and showing a belief that they were the equal or better of almost anyone they faced in the Premiership, and they should be ashamed of the way they've started the season. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

next week, i'd be happy with a 6-4-0 formation and secure a 0-0 and a ,much needed point. time for ugly, park-the-bus football! :) 

I've picked a fine time for my first live match of the season next Saturday.  That formation, if it were to be adopted, will really impress the 5 English, golfing pals I'll have in tow with me.  They are already ripping the p*** out of me over our bad start to the league campaign, so a negative, 'park the bus', approach will be just what my visitors want to see and enhance their opinion of Scottish football no end.:sad:  Having said that, I think I'd put up with the personal insults I'll receive, and take a 0-0 draw right now!

• Agree 1

A pretty good summing up of the situation from itcfcsince94, the gist being there is no budget, we have to get used to it and we should be prepared for the championship, because the board isn't going to bankrupt the club to stay up. Arguably a club of our size playing in the SPL is actually us punching above our weight, so to have finished third, won a cup and played in the final of a second (noticeably all under Hughes albeit from the core of a team created by Butcher) is a mighty acheivement. It's clear that the Hughes/Board fracture revolved around whether the latter would find decent money to replace good players who had gone for little or nothing, and the Board obviously felt they couldn't. The Raven/Hughes situation was really a side show which got the fans on Hughes back which worked in the Boards favour. I'm sure that DR will still put the effort in, now he has the benefit of a longer contract, but in a club where every wage has to be effective, lets hope Raven still has the legs and brain to deliver. One lesson that has been learned (probably too late to retain our status this season) by the Board has to be the way that our best players were on short contracts which meant that we have not really been able to generate much in the way of funds from transfers.

I've got to be honest the appointment of Foran as manager, didn't really excite me, but a 4 year contract tells me that the Board realise that they have done all they can to compete financially and have decided to start from scratch.

Unless we are able to find another CB and perhaps a forward, this year is about whether any of our youngsters can step up to the mark and make the first team, and not have such a bad time of time of it that we lose too many players in January and go through the trapdoor so fast that we end up in League 1!     I still hope that players like King, Mulraney, Doran and Polworth can give us moments to treasure this season

Still I find myself looking at the Championship teams with a bit more interest than before!

Oh yes and given Roberts latest injury at Crawley, your right itcfcsince94

• Agree 3

My first game for a very long time and what a very disappointing result to say the least. We were quite unlucky with some of the attacks but the squad definitely needs to be strengthened - defence, midfield and up front. Two goals from Don Cowie just rubbed salt in the wound.

The board really need to give Richie some funds to get out into the market and seek some new blood. 

33 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

That formation, if it were to be adopted, will really impress the 5 English, golfing pals I'll have in tow with me.  They are already ripping the p*** out of me over our bad start to the league campaign, so a negative, 'park the bus', approach will be just what my visitors want to see and enhance their opinion of Scottish football no end.

If thats the case they will really rip you if the clubs in the Championship next year. Rather see us steady the ship and build confidence with a clean sheet than worry whether its entertaining right now cos watching us ship 10 goals in 3 games certainly isnt. Ironic though if a team like Chelsea were to play that way against Barca then your English chums would probably laud how good Englich club sides are at competing with the best if a positive result comes of the negative approach.

And here is the original Match Report which will inevitably be censured to feckin shreds but is from the heart.

TOOTHLESS CALEY THISTLE :cry:

toothless.jpg

This is how the report would have read if I had typed it last night - "MATCH DEPORT - Home Safe - Pishedd but ICT were pisheddedder"

Well were do I feckin start - Lets look at this comment first - Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Richie Foran: "I don't think it was a 5-1. We had more chances on goal today than we had in the previous three games, but you've got to put the ball in the net." It could actually have been 25-5. We were slaughtered. It was embarrassing. 44% possession but NO width and NO penetration. 13 shots on goal and 7 on target - for on target add weak or directly at keeper. 7 corners all aimed at Gary Warren. Fer fecks sake.

"They had that bit more belief when they had their chances. That's what we lacked." And where do they get that belief from. Shure Rice was barking orders but that is lukewarm. Foran looked like a feckin mannequin. Take the feckin suit off and give them laldy. Be more of Foran the nasty, snarling player, forget they were team mates and give them some good old Irish bollockings.

"We had too many players underperforming as well. I've got to take a big part of the blame for that as well - I picked the team, I picked the tactics, I picked the training through the week." Fair enuff - Neither Butcher or Hughes would have said that. But the tactics are WRONG. BUT we don't have any real replacements. I thought "If it was me - how could I change it ?" - Only by being ruthless and perhaps playing the yoof.

"These players have proven over the years they are top players, but I'm not getting the best out of a few of them at the moment, so I'll take the blame for today." That is a fellow player talking - a buddy - a friend - not a manager. The blame will rest with Foran in the end but we have some of his old buddies playing cards in the feckin trenches. There are some who frankly are not playing for the shirt becos they probably think - "well who else is there". Apart from Warren and Tremarco NOBODY else looked like they were giving 100% - please refer to Grumpometer becos there is NOTHING to smile about !!

So the only positive about yesterday was pre-match. Great to have trains running from Englandshire all the way to Embra. Great to be at a game again. And great to see many of the old faces and enjoy a dram or twenty. But then I had to go to Tynecastle - in the Over 65 gate though with the adult Mantis :laugh:

So to the game. Lets summarise. We made Don Cowie look like Wayne Rooney and Connor Sammon look like Slatan Ibrahimovic. Nuff feckin said. We played some neat stuff for 7 minutes. I don't know about anybody else but I hate that 1-2 touch technique fresh off the training ground. Toothless. And then I am sitting there looking at two banks of four that would have won a Synchronised gold feckin medal. But then it didn't change. It stayed like that. And I thought to myself - Somebody with guile will suss that and the olde 1-2 will be easy peasy. And then it was delivered by those two masters of skill - Cowie and Slamon - Fer fecks sake !! And then we allow Cowie time to measure and deliver a cross to a totally unmarked Ibrahimovic who rose UNMARKED like a majestic flounder at the back post. 2-0 and GAME feckin over.

But did we pull up our sleeves and show what we were made off. NO we feckin didn't. We sat back and admired. We did not have the energy to press and we had holes all over the place. We were second to every ball. And we did get a chance - which we did - we fluffed the lines like an Amateur Dramatics line up in the West End. The lights were too bright for Boden (especially), Warren and Draper.

GUMPOMETER !!

Von Willems - :blink:  Looked like a POW at the back. Starved off confidence but equally starved of protection. Appeared too weak to shout and cajole the culprits in front of him. To be fair he had little chance with the goals but he is "invisible" to me. And why - oh why - the feck did he come out with Esson early at half time. WHY ? Well should have been to change feckin jerseys.

Raven - :ohmy: Sorry Mr Hughes - you were right !!

Warren - :smile: 100% no doubt but 120% is too much. Too eager to get forward and left Meekings stranded at times.

Meekings - :blink: Simply was NOT 100 % fit. He must have thought - who is the geezer at right back and where are the people who are supposed to be in front of me !!

Tremarco - :smile: My MOM if only for determination and not putting his head down.

Polworth - :sad: Why oh feckin why play him wide left. End of.

Tansey - :redcard: Shocking

Draper - :blush: Drifted in and out of the game - said it a long time ago but Draper + Tansey does not equate.

Vigurs :yellowcard: Why oh why play him in the feckin "hole". Totally wasted and he gave up.

Mulranney :redcard: I was looking forward to see him. Well he looked like a white Mutumbo with less awareness. Nuff said. Cramp after an hour and stretchered off. *****.

Boden :cry: Proven goalscorer in the lower English leagues. BUT he is NOT a feckin lone striker. And he had NO support. He did a lot of good running off the ball and got in positions to score twice before half time. Shure he fecked them both up but he got in that goalscoring position. Looked the most likely to score and what to we do. We feckin SUB him !!

So take Fisher on and hook Mulranney and help out Boden. Too feckin simple. And Fisher looked and is a target man but NOT a lone striker. Great overhead kick attempt thoughLittle Jack Horner should have been kept sitting in the feckin corner. Nice to see Doran back and he HAS to start next week which means that he wont.

And I thought that McLean was very lenient. And we still amassed 4 needless yellows which bodes well for future suspensions !!

Oh and get the Board to stump up more money - Fer fecks sake - This is the real world nt a game of feckin Monopoly !!

• Agree 4

17 hours ago, PerfICT said:

I don't get it. OFW + back 4 + Draper and Tansey holding reads pretty well on paper....and yet they collectively ship 5!!! What's up with Raven? Is Meekings match sharp yet? What's happened to Warren and Tremarco? Is Tansey's head elsewhere?

Even elsewhere on the park, things are not so different from the past 2 seasons: Polworth, Vigurs, Mulraney and now Doran should offer something, but aren't yet. Granted, Boden isn't a patch on Storey, Billy or Watkins, but that doesn't explain 5 goals conceded! It has to be down to poor organisation and motivation. Richie is going to have to learn very quickly!

Exfeckincactly - May I add the words "togetherness"

8 hours ago, IT86 said:

Time for all to pull together and support the club. This is when they need the support to get them through.

I take it that you were not at the game yesterday. I understand and applaud your devotion but what we need is the "support" of punters paying admission fees - and the devoted are not enuff.

Oh - and THERE IS NO BUDGET!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

:frustrated01: :frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01:

Aye you've got this budget thing in yer brain, The board are there to try and raise funds, not just sip tea and gin and tonic in the boardroom every Saturday.

Yes they have to balance the books but they must look at ways of increasing revenue, obviously if the team is doing poorly the crowds diminish, not rocket science mate, Local business? major business? shareholders etc think the board need to work harder and stop being so amateur in their approach.

ICT board:  " Hey Richie,we've put you in for a 30 lap saloon car race at Knockhill, not the best car but its ok"

Richie F : "Cheers guys, i'll do my best"

ICT board:  "Oh, here's a gallon of petrol". 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic