Hearts -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

15 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Sorry but the buck stops with the Board of Directors. It is their responsibility to raise the funds required to compete at the level we are playing at.Please lets not hear more of our limited budget - it's the board that sets it! If they can't raise the funds needed to compete at this level then they need to GO! The longer this continues, the LESS chance Foran has of digging us out because he doesn't have the experience. I hope he can but he needs HELP!

Caleyboy - you just don't seem to get it! Once again you seem to be falling into the trap of expecting the people who run the club in their own time to go out fundraising so you can purchase a product which you consider to meet your satisfaction at a price which is round about half what that product costs to produce. As it happens, the board already in many ways go above and beyond the economic realities and are even found, for instance, running car boot sales so you can partake of cut price football. There may indeed be some ways in which traditional revenue streams could be spruced up. For instance I understand that match day hospitality could be extended, but the overwhelming consideration is that the board finds itself running a company in a totally artificial market.

There simply isn't enough demand for the product at prices dictated by the wage requirements of the company's employees. When this happens in the real world, you don't find the directors of Marks and Spencer, Tesco etc rushing about organising car boot sales etc so their customers can buy their products at a fraction of what they cost to produce. At Caley Thistle, you do. That's because in football there seems to be this expectation that other people will either make efforts to bridge the monetary gap on the consumers' behalf or subsidise the loss from their own pockets.

If you want to see a better product at ICT, which has lived a charmed financial life so far, what are YOU prepared to do about it? In order to meet wage demands which are way above what the market can realistically sustain, would you be prepared to pay more at the gate for a superior product or go or help with the car boots sales? (Maybe you do - I don't know.) Football's fundamental problem is that players are paid far more than their realistic market value and until that situation is resolved, this kind of thing will continue to be commonplace.

So much for the board. Now the management. It also seems from this thread that spectators have been so busy watching in detail the body language of Foran and Rice in the technical area that they can't have been able to watch the game at all. Either that or what we have been seeing are completely anecdotal and random "observations", with the individual's own spin on them, which have actually been contradicted by others who were also at the game. What business is it of people making such observations as to how the professionals charged with running the team go about doing so in detail? What has it to do with them whether Richie Foran jumps up and down waving his arms about or adopts an entirely different body language? That's Foran's business and nobody else's - irrespective of how strong the belief of these observers is that they know far better than experienced football professionals about how to run a team.

It's maybe time for understanding that you don't solve football problems by throwing money at them or shouting loudly.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

Glad that Meekings is back in next to Warren, the team will be much stronger with both of them fit and up to speed.

Apart from that it looks like it's going to be a tough season but I am right behind the team, let's go boys!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

It also seems from this thread that spectators have been so busy watching in detail the body language of Foran and Rice in the technical area that they can't have been able to watch the game at all. Either that or what we have been seeing are completely anecdotal and random "observations", with the individual's own spin on them, which have actually been contradicted by others who were also at the game. What business is it of people making such observations as to how the professionals charged with running the team go about doing so in detail? What has it to do with them whether Richie Foran jumps up and down waving his arms about or adopts an entirely different body language? That's Foran's business and nobody else's - irrespective of how strong the belief of these observers is that they know far better than experienced football professionals about how to run a team.

It's maybe time for understanding that you don't solve football problems by throwing money at them or shouting loudly.

Well I was there and I know all about Body Language. There was little else to watch. All I am saying is that IF Richie was more Conti like than Wengeresque it would send a very, very strong message to the fans and the feckin players. Richie is simply being too feckin nice. Some of the tactics were poor but some individual performances were SHOCKING. "Tell it as it is" I say. If you had got a complimentary journey and  ticket to Tynecastle you would understand. When you actually pay good money to get there and watch ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSING DROSS you have the entitlement to say your piece.

That last sentence is the most laughable :lol:

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Caleyboy - you just don't seem to get it! Once again you seem to be falling into the trap of expecting the people who run the club in their own time to go out fundraising so you can purchase a product which you consider to meet your satisfaction at a price which is round about half what that product costs to produce. As it happens, the board already in many ways go above and beyond the economic realities and are even found, for instance, running car boot sales so you can partake of cut price football. There may indeed be some ways in which traditional revenue streams could be spruced up. For instance I understand that match day hospitality could be extended, but the overwhelming consideration is that the board finds itself running a company in a totally artificial market.

There simply isn't enough demand for the product at prices dictated by the wage requirements of the company's employees. When this happens in the real world, you don't find the directors of Marks and Spencer, Tesco etc rushing about organising car boot sales etc so their customers can buy their products at a fraction of what they cost to produce. At Caley Thistle, you do. That's because in football there seems to be this expectation that other people will either make efforts to bridge the monetary gap on the consumers' behalf or subsidise the loss from their own pockets.

If you want to see a better product at ICT, which has lived a charmed financial life so far, what are YOU prepared to do about it? In order to meet wage demands which are way above what the market can realistically sustain, would you be prepared to pay more at the gate for a superior product or go or help with the car boots sales? (Maybe you do - I don't know.) Football's fundamental problem is that players are paid far more than their realistic market value and until that situation is resolved, this kind of thing will continue to be commonplace.

So much for the board. Now the management. It also seems from this thread that spectators have been so busy watching in detail the body language of Foran and Rice in the technical area that they can't have been able to watch the game at all. Either that or what we have been seeing are completely anecdotal and random "observations", with the individual's own spin on them, which have actually been contradicted by others who were also at the game. What business is it of people making such observations as to how the professionals charged with running the team go about doing so in detail? What has it to do with them whether Richie Foran jumps up and down waving his arms about or adopts an entirely different body language? That's Foran's business and nobody else's - irrespective of how strong the belief of these observers is that they know far better than experienced football professionals about how to run a team.

I'm led to believe the car boot sales go straight to the youth development. 

Do you think the board room could be put to better use on matches?

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well I was there and I know all about Body Language. There was little else to watch. All I am saying is that IF Richie was more Conti like than Wengeresque it would send a very, very strong message to the fans and the feckin players. Richie is simply being too feckin nice. Some of the tactics were poor but some individual performances were SHOCKING. "Tell it as it is" I say. If you had got a complimentary journey and  ticket to Tynecastle you would understand. When you actually pay good money to get there and watch ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSING DROSS you have the entitlement to say your piece.

That last sentence is the most laughable :lol:

But if he comes out and lambasts the players straight away where else does he have to go after that? He can't come out and say 'the players were rubbish' every week. Sometimes you need to keep your powder dry. Even Butcher the scariest manager we've ever had would often laugh off a shocking performance and talk up the players when we were all expecting him to blow his top. Having watched the highlights Hearts goals looked pretty good! (save some slack marking from Horner for the last 2) We won't be the only team that gets pumped at Tynecastle this season. 

I am not talking about lambasting - and that is not One bad performance - it is 4. I would call it blasting and stating that it will not be tolerated. Butcher NEVER laughed it off OR took any of the blame FFS. Watching the highlights is one thing but being there was EXCRUCIATING. I am as devoted as most but that was as embarrassing as I have ever witnessed 

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

All I am saying is that IF Richie was more Conti like than Wengeresque it would send a very, very strong message to the fans and the feckin players. Richie is simply being too feckin nice. Some of the tactics were poor but some individual performances were SHOCKING.

I wonder if you would have taken a similar view of some complete layman sounding off about treatment of the mentally ill of Lancashire?

• Disagree 3

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I'm led to believe the car boot sales go straight to the youth development. 

Do you think the board room could be put to better use on matches?

On the first point - even if they do, that's money which doesn't therefore have to come from other club sources for youth development.

On the second - it might be an idea to try to get the Kingsmills Suite working at full capacity first.

10 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Maybe our board should take a look at the St Johnstone model and not the David Sutherland one.

STJ have a huge advantage geographically in that central belt players can still stay in Glasgow/Edinburgh and work in Perth. Therefore as they are not relocating their salary requirements may be lower (we may even have to offer accommodation to players we sign as part of any packages?) and its a much easier sell for the club. But I do partially agree they have alternative revenue streams other than football which go back into the club however football is a professional business and should be run as such so solutions need to be balancing the books with extra income a bonus and not akin to starting flogging t-shirts out of the back of vans to try keep us solvent.

Edited by bdu98196

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic