Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
Tweets by @ICTFC

matchday thread online a little early again this week. we've got visitors coming tomorrow and although I hope to get online for the match, its not guaranteed ... updates will follow once the guests leave !

Well, Richie hinted at a change of formation and a change of personnel - has he made some tough decisions and dropped some 'big' names? will he go 4-4-2? will Lonsnana's paperwork be in order in time for him to start? Dreading an embarrassing defeat, but at least if we make a game of it i'll be happy!

#COMEONTHECALEYJAGS

Would be nice to get three points today but really it is not imperative as yet, As long as we see improvement and cohesion at this stage I will be happy.

There is a long way to go and as confidence builds we will climb up the league. We are still on a learning curve so keep the faith !

There's nothing better than an injury time winner, especially after a run of 4 bad defeats! Well done to the players and manager. 

It's good to see us move up to, erm, bottom place in the league, but well within sight of mid table.

• Agree 2

Brilliant to get 3 points on the table. I was at the game last week and despite some of the reports, the performance in terms of our build-up play was decent, it's just that we couldn't score and couldn't defend. If we rectify that, which we seem to have done today, then we'll be OK. We have good players all over the pitch and are capable of a mid-table finish with the quality we've got. I still think we're missing an attacking mid-fielder. I heard Draper played behind the striker today and did well, but neither him, Tansey nor Vigurs is suited to that position. Hopefully we'll bring in a defender and a number 10 in the next few days and we can look forward to the rest of the season with a sense of optimism! 

Well deserved 3 points in the end. Raw, unbridled passion from players and fans when the ping-pong scrambled injury time winner went in. Awesome. Felt like winning a cup semi/final. Hopefully this kickstarts our season.

• Agree 1

Oh yeah! Love a last minute winner after a stramash! So needed...and well deserved! Well done Richie and the boys. More passion today than in previous four.

It'll be a battle this season, but any posirion between 4 and 12 is possible!

A good win over Tommy Wright.

No doubt he had done his homework on us but his revision papers were a week out of date.

First half we did enough to win 10 games with a real gutsy performance. all players won their battles even OFW was getting stuck in. Their goalie kept them in the match. First 45 mins you just couldn't pick the motm it was so close nor could you leave a player out of contention.

We permitted them to have a little more ball time in the second half with wasted long balls to no one and let them back into the game for an undeserved point.

The gaffer had other ideas so brought on 2 strikers and the road runner. meep meep and finished the match off with a fine victory and a good game of football.

Wear the Pride of the Highlands with pride, you guys earned your badge today.

• Agree 2

What were the 'Perth club seven juniors' wanting after the match at the North end of the stadium I also saw them trying to intimidate our fans at a supporters bus in front of the stadium.

Edited by 12th Man

Great feeling to celebrate our first win and points of the season.  This was such an important win and hopefully will now set the tone for the rest of the season.

The team looked up for it today and won most of the physical battles.  Draper and Warren were the top players.  Doumbouya will torment defences and I think will be entertaining to watch.

If we can get another defender in and midfielder/striker I will feel a whole lot more comfortable about the season ahead.

Well done today guys and onwards and upwards.

• Agree 2

Really enjoyable match today and a deserved win. Don't think Fon Williams had a real save to make and their goal was one of those that little good be done to stop the great strike from Foster. Good performances all over the pitch but a special mention to Fisher. Found it hard going in the first half but stuck to his guns and got better as the game progressed. If we could find someone to play off him, we could have a real goal threat.

Three points and what sounded like a pretty decent performance, whats not to like! Especially after last week.

Coming up for the Dundee match with Mrs E-4-C, and can't wait..be nice to get a point or two from the next two tough fixtures before then though

Yes.

As someone remarked on another tread even a win could, theoretically, catapult us up to top four provided the other teams did poorly. Strange old game isn't  it?

Like a good horse race where the top horse is a poor starter but warms up and shows why the Jockey doesn't use a whip. Class in action.

Went to Hastings Park racetrack in Vancouver just once in my past life, put down $100 in bets all told and won a $100,. Totally satisfying day out watching great, sleek looking horses going by at speed in the sun. But the big heart usually wins it--courageous rides don't need to be whipped, only urged on. It's a professional game and the participants know what is expected of them.  Soooo ....Richie will do well if he inspires them and encourages them .:clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic