Aberdeen -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

21 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

What, trying to damage property and shouting unnecessary abuse at members of the public and rival fans to goad them into fighting............perhaps not, or are you going to deny that this went on outside the ground? If that's your idea of creating an atmosphere then you are going about it all wrong!!

**** Off! We generally have the worst fans in the Scotland! You do realise we get slated from other teams when we sit in silence? ohh! but its fine! we get praised from you boring twats for 'behaving' and when we do get an atmosphere we get praised by other fans but slated by our own fans!? You's all continue to sit in silence like boring ********, its like a ******* cemetery in our stands! Until it changes We will continue to do what we want to do. Without us home games are *****, You do what you want and sit like a miserable ******* talking ***** and munching into a pies for the whole game. Mon Slate us all you want! but you can't stop us doing what we want to do.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 9

17 minutes ago, nopyronoparty94 said:

**** Off! We generally have the worst fans in the Scotland! You do realise we get slated from other teams when we sit in silence? ohh! but its fine! we get praised from you boring twats for 'behaving' and when we do get an atmosphere we get praised by other fans but slated by our own fans!? You's all continue to sit in silence like boring ********, its like a ******* cemetery in our stands! Until it changes We will continue to do what we want to do. Without us home games are *****, You do what you want and sit like a miserable ******* talking ***** and munching into a pies for the whole game. Mon Slate us all you want! but you can't stop us doing what we want to do.

I trust the "94" isn't a reference to your year of birth, since your rather simplistic conception of what constitutes football support would seem to indicate the maturity level of an adolescent far below the age of 22.

• Agree 3

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, nopyronoparty94 said:

Exactly! mon the young team! **** everyone else who's a boring *******. Without us the club would be an even bigger shambles. no wonder no one wants to sign for us when you have to sit playing a game for 90 minutes in silence and no wonder no one wants to come to the games when the atmosphere is ****. Without us the games are even more dire and with you's giving us stick for doing what the club needs and that's atmosphere. belt up and actual give us praise for starting to create atmosphere and maybe even join in. ymip, i love you! well said my man. If anyone has a problem with what we do please come see us at the front of section E on Sunday and we will happily listen to whatever has to be said. Say it to us instead of slagging us on a forum. 

I generally have a lot of respect for the young guys and the atmosphere they bring to the games. I for one salute you when your all in fine voice and drumming and I really feel its something that was lacking from the games previously, however I was at the Aberdeen game and there was a small minority of the group at the front who were giving the fingers and W*nkers motions to the Dons fans on both sides, as well as shouting obscenities and behaving in a threatening manner. To me, that does NOT justify creating an atmosphere, that is purely thuggish behaviour which does nothing to promote the team they are supposedly there to support. Most of the guys I seen, and a few of them I was getting a good laugh with on way home, were very well behaved. There is no excuse to act in a threatening manner towards opposing fans in the name of support. Also on the way out, the ones who decided it would be a good show of support to overthrow the barriers did nothing but create fear and alarm to the CALEY fans given where we all were, and I've got to be frank here, I was with my 7 year old son, and one of these boys threw a barrier just in front of us, and I swear, if that had hit my son, the boy responsible would have gone home with a very sore face

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 5

36 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

I generally have a lot of respect for the young guys and the atmosphere they bring to the games. I for one salute you when your all in fine voice and drumming and I really feel its something that was lacking from the games previously, however I was at the Aberdeen game and there was a small minority of the group at the front who were giving the fingers and W*nkers motions to the Dons fans on both sides, as well as shouting obscenities and behaving in a threatening manner. To me, that does NOT justify creating an atmosphere, that is purely thuggish behaviour which does nothing to promote the team they are supposedly there to support. Most of the guys I seen, and a few of them I was getting a good laugh with on way home, were very well behaved. There is no excuse to act in a threatening manner towards opposing fans in the name of support. Also on the way out, the ones who decided it would be a good show of support to overthrow the barriers did nothing but create fear and alarm to the CALEY fans given where we all were, and I've got to be frank here, I was with my 7 year old son, and one of these boys threw a barrier just in front of us, and I swear, if that had hit my son, the boy responsible would have gone home with a very sore face

:blink:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Are we talking about the same guys who,at the Aberdeen home game last season,when the pie shop went up in smoke,had the whole North Stand going and out sung and chanted out the away end. That was good atmospere . Best chant was a take on Sheep are on fire when the smoke came across the pitch. More of that without the nasties is what the stadium needs.

• Agree 4

41 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Mmmmmm can anyone remember the 70's ? I mean 1970's :cheer01:

Would be like a cemetery without the yoof. And they create an atmosphere whereas I am more annoyed by adults who have a "go" as the players but keep deadly silent otherwise!! 

Johndo - once your audition for Still Game is over, maybe you should bow to the inevitable and come to terms with the fact that you will very soon be 60!

3 hours ago, nopyronoparty94 said:

**** Off! We generally have the worst fans in the Scotland

Thanks for contributing to it.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the booing of Shinnie was light hearted and maybe it was.  Not sure what type of person thinks that chanting 'Miles Storey is a paedo' is not distasteful though.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

I have to admit when the boo-ing of Shinnie started I let out a great big BOO !  Possibly the loudest one.

A split second later I did wonder what I was doing and started laughing.

Definitely a spur of the moment fun thing to do on my part.

All this carry on with the young team though I feel is getting blown out of proportion.

The stewards were to blame from everything I was observing, Even half of the stewards were very young themselves.

There was hardly a crowd disturbance of any magnitude to merit such stewarding.

It didn't stop me enjoying the game, it was 5 mins worth of handbags, get over it everybody.

I am not young!:sad: 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Which of your two contradictory pictorial posts do you want us to pay attention to ?

Didn't realise they were contradictory? The first one is an image of a youngster 'flipping the birdie', in reference to the 'North Side Boys'.

And surely the second one is self explanatory? 

So in summary, both of them require your attention.  Thank You

I was at a match one evening mid week at Pittodrie, the crack was good, our fans were in good voice and the banter going between the home and away fans was 1st class. Our guys seemed to be one step ahead of them every time with the remarks going across to the Dons fans. Something like, You look like your a really fun guy, can I be your friend on Facebook? or to a Dons fan who was mouthing off, Who dressed you was it your Mum?  Or was it your carer?

That's what it's all about. Not Sticking the fingers up at any Dons fan who looks your way and shouting abuse cos you can't find anything smart to say.You just get found out as being a bit thick.

Keep the crack and tone down the hard man ultras crap. 

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 3

I don't see what the 70's has to do with this discussion.  Sure football hooliganism was a lot worse then but that doesn't make the lesser level of hooliganism now OK.  Cable Guy has it spot on and it is unfortunate that some of the youngsters cannot distinguish between good vocal support for your team and being threatening and/or offensive to the opposition and their supporters.  You do not need to be offensive to create an atmosphere.  In fact you absolutely need not to be offensive in order to create a good atmosphere.  The picture of the young lad "flipping the birdie" ictfcsince94 posted is an appalling example of how the behaviour at football matches still remains at gutter level in some quarters.  I absolutely agree with nopyronoparty94 that the lack of any sort of vocal support from some of our older supporters is pathetic, but what he doesn't seem to understand is that the more subdued supporters are much more likely to join in with any vocal support if the singing and accompanying behaviour is not offensive.  He also seems to miss the point that offensive behaviour actually keeps a lot of potential supporters from going to games in the first  place.

I'm no fan of Rugby as a game but boy can we learn a lot from them about creating a proper atmosphere.  Go to any of the home internationals and you will experience an electric atmosphere with both sets of supporters singing their hearts out and cheering their teams on.  Not only is there an absence of being offensive to each other, there is no segregation of the fans who, as a result enjoy a lot of good humoured banter at the game, followed by a drink or ten after the game.  In terms of creating a good atmosphere we are a million miles away from that.  

The singing of the young lads at TCS is really welcome in developing a decent atmosphere, but as soon as the exuberance gives way to abusive songs and behaviour which is or is perceived by others to be threatening, then all the good the singing does is more than undone.  As for the booing of Shinnie when he went off injured, well, words fail me.  Shinnie gave brilliant service to this club and gave us lots of excitement over the years.  He had every right to move to a club that could pay him more and he deserves our continuing respect.  Is it any wonder more people don't attend matches when we get our own so called supporters showing such disrespect to the very players who have done so much to make the club what it is today?

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, nopyronoparty94 said:

We will keep creating atmosphere   

That's fine, nobody is questioning the creation of atmosphere or the noise, but arguing or fighting with stewards whether you like their attitude and trying to cause damage outside the grounds or antagonise opposition fans into fights isn't particularly good for your individual reputation (unless that's the rep you are aiming for but given the stature of most of the guys I'd rethink that), the rest of the fans or fundamentally the club. Cheering, being vocal and supporting is encouraged by all though - nobody has been negative towards that so calm down with the aggressive attitude - we all have the interests and success of the club as our priorities.  

• Agree 2

On 9/14/2016 at 0:52 PM, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

These wee boys are a joke ,watched football factory and begged mummy for a stone island jumper from Santa  and suddenly they're football hooligans !

More dreadful patter.. We are a joke are we?? Majority of us work for our money and buy stuff ourselves, so for the record we don't beg.

• tm4tj locked this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic