Allardyce

Caley Mad In Berks

I can't find any sympathy for Sam after his ignominious exit from the England role last night, after only a couple of months.

A mixture of greed, ego, power seem to have been his undoing, combined with a staggering amount of naivety and gullibility.

What I don't understand is why the Telegraph would have put this 'sting' into operation so quickly.  I can only assume they were on the brink of exposing the whole issue of player ownership, managers taking bungs etc in any case, and saw big Sam as an easy target to get it moving.  I am sure there are other managers waiting anxiously for the next development.

Anyway, big Sam won't have to worry, I'm sure Sunderland will soon come calling, if they haven't already, to replace Moyes.

• Agree 1

What a complete and utter idiot the man is.  He had it made with being a popular choice with fans in securing a very lucrative role in a dream job.  He was at the pinnacle of his career and yet throws it all away for some shabby "consultancy".  His career is down the tubes along with the respect and affection of a nation's football fans.  I too have no sympathy for the man but will be intrigued to see what emerges from all this.

Big Sam's ego being what it is, he will no doubt no be touting his services on the back of a 100% record as England manager.

We have to give great credit to the Telegraph. I do not read their paper but they have succeeded both with this investigation and that into the expenses scandal at Westminster in highlighting significant governance failings where regulatory or audit bodies have failed.This shows why we need a free press.