14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Seriously, for the benefit of those of us who are middle aged and clearly behind the times, what is TIFO ?

The word is Italian and means the supporting of a sports team ... Outside of Italy its generally used to described choreographed or huge banners that you see. Those telex-like statements the green brigade hold up are technically TIFOs and ICT have also had a cracker too .....

maxresdefault.jpg  

see here for some examples from around Europe and 1 from Toronto !

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/04/07/supporters-month-best-tifos

This one we did to wind up Montreal supporters a few weeks ago was a classic. really well done !

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

this is a cracker! clearly we wouldnt have the funds, numbers or inclination to pull off something like this, but even some kind of concerted effort to all be 'singing off the same hymn sheet' with flags or balloons or something? asking the question because i really dont know how 'active' our support would be with something like this?

i dont always agree with whats said, but the banners the Green Brigade display normally have a degree of intelligence and thought behind them.

Something could,   be arranged  but it's a bit short notice for Rangers.

For flags I would imagine buying an exceptionally long one and finding someone with an over locker sewing machine to recut and finish the edges would possibly be the cheapest option.

Balloons would probably have to come in from China.

As for a card display, pixels are a sticking point. We have a limited number of seats and it would be a bit of a gamble to have an A1 sheet modified with a 2nd colour, it would either greatly improve the detail or look awful if it didn't line up.

If you don't mind blowing up 2,000 balloons I could get some prices maybe for the Scottish cup matches.

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Seriously, for the benefit of those of us who are middle aged and clearly behind the times, what is TIFO ?

I think he was trying to get on over on IHE :lol: but I didn't know either!  The best display for The Rangers is not cards or balloons, just play good football and bang a few goals past them with no reply.  

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

We could all hold up the wrappers of our Wherthers Originals.  The sunlight reflecting off those golden wrappers should fair put the fear of God into the Hun.

Bang on D D and ask them for sponsorship too. They should have plenty money as we all buy them in the main stand..or so I hear

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

The word is Italian and means the supporting of a sports team ... Outside of Italy its generally used to described choreographed or huge banners that you see. Those telex-like statements the green brigade hold up are technically TIFOs and ICT have also had a cracker too .....

maxresdefault.jpg  

see here for some examples from around Europe and 1 from Toronto !

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/04/07/supporters-month-best-tifos

This one we did to wind up Montreal supporters a few weeks ago was a classic. really well done !

Thanks for the explanations. We had a magnificent display at Hampden last year. There is no we are going to come close to that within the limiting confines of the North Stand so why don't we wait until we are back at the National Stadium next May for this season's final and mount an even more spectacular and impressive display both on and off the pitch.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Would an anti-sectarian banner end up getting us in more trouble than those singing the sectarian bull?

More than likely, it would just get negative publicity in the press.

• Agree 1

I think a card display in section E or some kind of display in the north stand would be a good idea for the Rangers game.

If we are going ahead with this it should be done on this forum so that we can agree on a good display and make arrangements with the club to help us out like CaleyD. 

I would be happy to contribute to this if someone set up a PayPal account, assuming everything got sorted out first this coming weeks.  

If its a card display you are looking to do, we still have some of the card left over from the cup final.  We have blue, red and white card which would be enough to do something in one section of that would help?

• Agree 3