Hamilton -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Well done Mods, a brave move although when the name calling and whataboutery that places like P&B can descend into is compared our disagreements ours are minor and very polite. There must, however be room for people to disagree and be given the room to do so - everyone who uses this forum is hopefully mature enough to spot spurious argument when its there - even IHE. BTW I don't like the "young crew" (what a dreadful name) behaving in ways that are liable to bring them into conflict with others but neither do I want them to be disenfranchised and wander away to watch something else or nothing at all. We need all the fans we can get and if we only have to put up with the odd ill-judged action or comment is that something those of us who ruefully have that t-shirt just have to put up with? I think that's worth thinking about. The only genuinely worrying thing in this whole thread is Charles Bannerman comparing (presumably his own) "gentleman's equipment" to a car exhaust pipe. Is this warranted? We should be told. Mods........:wink:

10 hours ago, davie said:

Well done Mods, a brave move although when the name calling and whataboutery that places like P&B can descend into is compared our disagreements ours are minor and very polite. There must, however be room for people to disagree and be given the room to do so - everyone who uses this forum is hopefully mature enough to spot spurious argument when its there - even IHE. BTW I don't like the "young crew" (what a dreadful name) behaving in ways that are liable to bring them into conflict with others but neither do I want them to be disenfranchised and wander away to watch something else or nothing at all. We need all the fans we can get and if we only have to put up with the odd ill-judged action or comment is that something those of us who ruefully have that t-shirt just have to put up with? I think that's worth thinking about. The only genuinely worrying thing in this whole thread is Charles Bannerman comparing (presumably his own) "gentleman's equipment" to a car exhaust pipe. Is this warranted? We should be told. Mods........:wink:

It worried me more that he felt the word needed to be censored :ohmy: Maybe those swirlies did more harm than we thought :laugh:

37 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

It worried me more that he felt the word needed to be censored :ohmy: Maybe those swirlies did more harm than we thought :laugh:

I actually didn't feel the need at all for the word to be censored - the problem is that we seem here to have a Politically Correct website which was hence the source of the censorship. When I tried to use the unedited word, it was subsequently posted as "*****". Hence, in order to convey my meaning, I was obliged to adopt the normal bypass procedure of using a  small amendment. On the other hand, I've seen worse censorship. Some years ago I referred on an athletics site to an eminent coach by the name of Frank Dick (*) and it actually provided a substitute word... hence referring to "Frank Thingy"!

As for the reference in question on here, I was merely describing one species which is even more anti-social than misbehavers at football matches - that bane of civilised society which is the Boy Racer.

(*) EDIT - it can be seen from the appearance, unaltered, of the original, that while this site's host appears to have a problem with a standard anatomical term, it finds a colloquial equivalent for same perfectly acceptable.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

what does this have to do with the topic subject ? You want to debate semantics or the third party list we use for automatically converting certain words to ***** then feel free to raise it in a private message. Politically correct? You're having a laff !!! I dont even know which word you are talking about because the whole conversation has become overwhelmingly tiresome.

further comments that drag this topic away from the subject will see the offenders excluded from the topic. 

edit: forced myself to read the entire thread. thats 5 minutes of my life I will never get back !!! I have deleted penis from the profanity filter. easy enough to do ... just highight it to one of the mods and if its been caught up in the generic list for some reason we can remove it manually ... just like we can add new ones ! no need to go all Victor Meldrew on us !

Edited by Scotty
found CB's penis reference !
  • Agree 2

Who did a balanced review and report - trying to include some baiting banter with serious discourse. The majority of the blame for the "incidents" has to lie with the Hamilton youth and the non-existent actions of both the stewards and the police. We are not the only club to experience this nonsense and Hamilton could easily act to limit the chances of it not happening again. Allowing home troublemakers to march together amongst away family followers when they were clearly intent on causing problems is ridiculous. As there are only a few then they must all be readily recognisable to the club and the polis. It appears that some pointing of blame to some of our fans started all of this. All they did was exchange chants and taunts. They did not angrily react after the equaliser, they did not "ask" for our support to steam out of the stadium towards the rear of our end, they did not attack the opposition, they did not have a police presence and they did not attempt to bring out a reaction of supporters basically making their peaceful way to the train home.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
oops

• tm4tj unpinned this topic