ICTFC vs The Rangers FC

ictfcsince94

They may be a new team with almost no history but it would be foolish to dismiss them as a 'diddy team'.

Remember, despite this being their first ever season in the top tier, they have the second highest budget in the league and a player budget which is probably ten times ours. They have also won one of the two previous meetings between the clubs although that had much to do with our former manager giving them too much respect.

That said, if we play to our potential we can send them home from their first ever trip to the Highlands empty handed.

We're at home, Sevco are terrible with their only improved performances using the majority of players who were in the Championship last year and that team was no great quality. We need to go at them, show no respect and put pressure on their dodgy center backs.

OFW

Mckay Meekings Warren Tremarco

Tansey    Polly

Mulraney        Draper          King

Fisher

I think with the pace of Mulraney & KIng we can get in behind their full backs, especially Tavernier as he always pushes on and can be caught out, Fisher is a bit more physical and I think against a slow defence who will try bully our players then he may have more success than Doumbaye. Disappointed Barton wont play though so I could see Draper own him.

• Agree 4

If Rangers have a good game OFW will be motm, if we have a good game then any player could be taking a bottle home, super subs included.

There's a lot of expectations placed on the shoulders of Rangers just now with their wealthy budget, with a possible cold, wet and windy evening match on the cards at Fortress TCS, plus a tough all or nothing cup match looming just over the horizon.

Pretty sure I know which team will get the better nights sleep prior to the tough, tough, match on Friday.

Edited by 12th Man

8 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Aye, well, Foran has been cursed, so I doubt this will be as simple a game as some might suggest. Hopefully it's with tongue firmly in cheek.

I did think the same when I herd that today :blink: but lets hope we have a good game and take all 3 points!

• Agree 1

The key will be making their full backs concentrate on defending as they can be potent going forward. We need to pick the team for the match. If Doran match fit, I would start him, but otherwise I agree with bdu98196 on the starting 11.

Looking forward to seeing this match on TV!   Could be a feisty game, but I have a good feeling about this game

Well done to Foran, for MOTM, has done well to recover from a shaky start, and is exceeding my expectations (including in the transfer market)

Strangely Palace are also live on the box this weekend, and we've had a season that seems to match what ICT do....so hopeful of a positive weekend all round!

20 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

We're at home, Sevco are terrible with their only improved performances using the majority of players who were in the Championship last year and that team was no great quality. We need to go at them, show no respect and put pressure on their dodgy center backs.

OFW

Mckay Meekings Warren Tremarco

Tansey    Polly

Mulraney        Draper          King

Fisher

I think with the pace of Mulraney & KIng we can get in behind their full backs, especially Tavernier as he always pushes on and can be caught out, Fisher is a bit more physical and I think against a slow defence who will try bully our players then he may have more success than Doumbaye. Disappointed Barton wont play though so I could see Draper own him.

Is Tansey fit again?  Both him and Vigurs carrying knocks after the Hamilton match?

Could push Drapes back into Tansey's holding roll and have Doran playing behind Fisher?

We have to go aggressive and show we mean business.

17 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

It's looking like ticket sales are going really well for the first visit on Rangers in a good few years.

So well in fact it's looking like it may even be a sell out. 

Not the first visit in a good few years. It's the first visit ever.

• Agree 1

You can't tar all fans with the same brush.

I even nipped along the road to a pub in Airth once to watch a European Rangers match on Sky TV, back in the day when the Gers had a stronger team. Terry was our manager then, a local was telling me Terry used to live near by and would often be seen out walking the dog. (not much had changed there then)

Do people seriously believe its a new club or is it just a joke?  Either way i find it a bit tiresome these days. They might be a new corporate business but the football club is the same.  They still have all their major titles and history.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

22 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Do people seriously believe its a new club or is it just a joke?  Either way i find it a bit tiresome these days. They might be a new corporate business but the football club is the same.  They still have all their major titles and history.

And same repertoire of odious 'folk' songs.