Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
Tweets by @ICTFC

Solid first half. Richie has the lads well organised, pressing well and stopping Celtic from playing. We've rode our luck with of couple of their chances but have defended very well so far. For all the chat about Vigurs not working hard enough, he must have covered a lot of ground that half, constantly getting in the face of the opposition. 

Just need to show a little more quality going forward, but so far so good. 

No shame in that defeat, the Tansey red card killed us. Certainly showed plenty of grit and defended brilliantly at times against what was an extremely attacking Celtic line up. 

Shame to have Tansey missing for the Dons game, but if we drop Draper into a holding midfield role and put Polworth ahead of him then we'll be OK. Let's hope Doran and Tremarco are back by then!

Anything today would have been a bonus.

Still sixth and County bottom.

Hopefully the international break lets the injured players recover so we have a full squad to choose from against Aberdeen, although Tansey presumably will be suspended.

Stroll in the park for Celtic after they got the first. Thought we coped quite well for the first half and some of our defending in the box was excellent. Couple of half chances for Doumbouya and King (?) but we seldom threatened the Celtic goal. Cracking save from OFW to turn a wonderful Griffiths strike over the bar.

In the second half we became a bit guilty of over playing things a bit and started giving the ball away with some slack passes which Celtic were quick to capitalise on. Vigurs (I think) lost the ball for the first and with a couple of quick passes Sinclair easily beat OFW. A few minutes later Tansey gave the ball away deep in the ICT half and tried to win it back, cleared out the Celtic player but the ball ended up with Griffiths who scored his 800th goal against ICT for Celtic. Tansey was shown a second yellow to make things even harder for us. Rogic bagged a third which I can't even remember as I am rapidly purging the game from my memory.

The closest we came to a chance on goal was a free kick from Vigurs after Mulraney had been bundled over as he looked to break clear but I can barely remember us getting out of our half in the second 45.

Polworth went off injured after a needless late tackle by one of the Celtic players. Might leave us very short for the game against Aberdeen in a couple of weeks.

Mckay was probably our best player (again) and I thought Polworth did well until his injury. Tansey and Vigurs were both poor in terms of their passing with Tansey especially slack at times. All in all, disappointing result but we can't realistically expect to complete with Celtic when they can start players like Dembele, Griffiths, Roberts and Sinclair.

Could someone please explain why the team never wore a poppy on there shirts for the Celtic game? an absolute disgrace &once again the club showing how out of touch it is with its fanbase i expect it from the Rats we were playing but expected more from ICT.

Edited by fox83
  • Disagree 8

For a change the international break has come at a good time.

It's always going to be hard beating the wealthiest club in the country but at least no other club has picked up any points playing them, if Celtic maintain their form then hopefully we can put distance/ catch other teams when it's their turn to play the green and whites.

28 minutes ago, fox83 said:

Could someone please explain why the team never wore a poppy on there shirts for the Celtic game? an absolute disgrace &once again the club showing how out of touch it is with its fanbase i expect it from the Rats we were playing but expected more from ICT.

Why don't you find out the facts before you post accusations on a website. The best people to answer your question would be the Football Club, not a fans forum. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Is certainly not an accusation it is a fact the team never wore a poppy which is disgrace and considering certain individuals seem to have a hotline direct to the club i thought it could be a point of discussion on a fans forum.

• Disagree 6

49 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

an absolute disgrace &once again the club showing how out of touch it is with its fanbase i expect it from the Rats we were playing but expected more from ICT

Looks like an accusation to me. I don't know the answer.

Why is it a disgrace that the players didn't wear poppies?  Maybe they didn't want to, after all, it's their right.

I didn't wear a poppy to the game. Am I a disgrace?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

No Renegade u were just in fear of ur safety yes? and yes for a club who have many vetrans among there support nd who come from a area rich in the history of the Armed Forces the team should have worn a poppy on there shirt, but i also see the officials never wore one either so it must have bin on strict orders of the host club not to show any respect for the poppy or the sacrifice many made.Of course its freedom of choice to put a poppy on just like its freedom choice to ask questions on a fans forum.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, fox83 said:

No Renegade u were just in fear of ur safety yes? and yes for a club who have many vetrans among there support nd who come from a area rich in the history of the Armed Forces the team should have worn a poppy on there shirt, but i also see the officials never wore one either so it must have bin on strict orders of the host club not to show any respect for the poppy or the sacrifice many made.Of course its freedom of choice to put a poppy on just like its freedom choice to ask questions on a fans forum.

You can ask the question on here but if you want the answer TM4J is correct ask the club? 

I really doubt its because Celtic told thrm not too. My guess ( and I dont know) is that it was because it was only the 5th November. 

Thank you old caley girl for the response nd yes ur correct i should nd will contact the club.But il point out that yesterday was the final game b4 the 11th as nxt week is international week nd most clubs in the spfl wore the poppy in respect this weekend.I shall ask the question nd post the response if its of any intrest to contributors on the forum

• Agree 1

Just now, fox83 said:

Thank you old caley girl for the response nd yes ur correct i should nd will contact the club.But il point out that yesterday was the final game b4 the 11th as nxt week is international week nd most clubs in the spfl wore the poppy in respect this weekend.I shall ask the question nd post the response if its of any intrest to contributors on the forum

Thank you

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic