Scotty

Armistice Day is the 11th of November.  Wearing the poppy has become something of a competitive sport whereby sporting your poppy earlier than anybody else is trying to project a message that you care more than anyone else.  I'm sure some of these folk dig their early poppies out of a drawer from the previous year which not only gives the "look how much I care " look but also saves them having to donate to get a new one.  Personally, I'd prefer to see them worn during the limited period between Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday.

Back on topic though, whilst we retain our top 6 slot despite defeat to Celtic, we are 5 points behind 5th but only 3 points off the bottom.  Our reduced bench yesterday is a reminder that it will be a very challenging season if we keep picking up these injuries and we simply can't afford to have players unavailable through suspension.  Hopefully the international break (hopefully with poppies) will see a reasonably full squad to choose from.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

didn't stop andy murray doing the right thing today

I fail to see how this is the 'right thing' TBH. The attempts by some people to try and get one up over another is pathetic. At the end of the day next weekend is Remembrance Sunday where people can, and ideally should, pay their respects. The weeks leading up to this day are becoming tedious and, ultimately, leading to some people to completely forget about the whole point of the day which is not petty point scoring.

• Agree 4

good, gritty first half performance, came out slow for second half and got punsihed. 2nd goal and sending off was the killer. expected a loss but still never easy to take. 

after our poor start, unbeaten except against celtic and rangers...canna really grumble at that....

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic