Greg Tansey...

scottbamby

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

My view is that anybody that has the nerve to sign a pre-contract with another team should be frozen out. Tansey has been a great servant and endeared himself to many - but why Aberdeen - and consider why he is suddenly playing better when he probably knew that the deal was done ?

Just don't buy that his form has improved since he knew deal was done. Think the more likely cause for the deal being done is that Aberdeen are losing McGinn and possibly Jack so they needed to move quickly. If nobody else was interested in signing him, then where else was he going to go if offered more money by Aberdeen. Personally, Hearts or Rangers could equally have signed Tansey and he would have been an asset to them as he was to us but they didn't show interest as did nobody of any interest in England.

I thought Tansey showed commitment today and was wanting to push on for a win. I don't doubt that will be the same for the rest of the season, including Tuesday as he will want to show Aberdeen what he is capable of.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

My view is that anybody that has the nerve to sign a pre-contract with another team should be frozen out.

Mann, Wyness and G Shinnie were as good as ever for us after securing their futures elsewhere, same goes for guys like Watkins who didn't have PCAs but had clearly decided to move on.

If there's nothing to play for then you can drop the player and try out some alternatives for next season - but we simply aren't in that position!

• Agree 1

I think Tansey had an OK game today.  I've seen him play better and I've also seen him play a lot worse.  I think his performance suffered today from a bit of confusion around the make up of the team and its shape.  I don't see any issue with his attitude for the rest of the season.

I expect him to be in the side on Tuesday against Aberdeen and for him to be keen to show the Don's fans what a good player they have signed.  I also expect the celebrations for his hat trick to be respectfully restrained.

• Agree 3

You play for the shirt or ya feck aff is the Old School way of thinking. Anybody who says to their team mates and support that they are off prior to the end of a season are mercenaries. G.Shinnie may have had the club at his heart, albeit MONEY was the attraction, Tansey may well be likewise BUT punt him now and start rebuilding, We are going down fer fecks sake. Lets go down fighting with people who feckin WANT to be here next season. What is the feckin point otherwise ?

Agree with DD. Tansey was deserted in midfield when Draper was stuck up front. There was no lack of effort on his part and I applaude him for that. I'd play him at Aberdeen: we're not exactly blessed with players of his talent and I have no doubt he'll do his very best for us.

• Agree 1

Anybody ever played football when you had a team mate who 3/4 of the way through a bad season told you that he was leaving for a vying, local, league outfit, with a history of  poaching, with ++ wages, when your team was struggling, facing relegation and the consequences - NO matter how good he was did you truly want him to stay ?