Scotty

1 hour ago, Donview said:

Did you read Charlie Allan's match report and comments on booing Shinnie RiG?............don't know what game he was watching, unbelievable!!

I haven't mate but given that Charlie Allan is a complete melt I have no doubts that it was complete garbage. 

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Any booing of former players is pretty poor levels of respect and in the case of Shinnie as a player who always gave his all and captained us to our greatest moment in history there's really no need and no grounds.

Nobody on here would accept being subjected to any abuse if they had to visit a previous employers in their new role so why is football any different.

No one was seriously booing Shinnie until that OTT tackle which he seemed to show little remorse for. That's when it got a bit real.

2 hours ago, Donview said:

Did you read Charlie Allan's match report and comments on booing Shinnie RiG?............don't know what game he was watching, unbelievable!!

You'd be amazed (or possibly not) at the number of "journalists" who write about games and incidents in games they don't attend.  I regularly sen newspapers and journalists doing "live updates" from our games when they're not even in attendance.

I didn't think it was a foul at the time and still don't watching the replay.  I was frustrated at the ref not stopping play after a meaty challenge and a player writing on the ground as a result after he had stopped play for Maddison after his horrific, bone breaking bump with one of our players. His job is to protect the players, he messed up these incidents badly.

The only ones booing Shinnie were probably the young ains, he was probably there first love football player wise, and the first one to break your heart always hurts the most. I was the same when Wilson went to Livi. Most others can accept it's part of the game, especially for the small fish like us. As long as they gave their all for us, left us respectfully then they don't deserve any abuse in my opinion.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Any booing of former players is pretty poor levels of respect and in the case of Shinnie as a player who always gave his all and captained us to our greatest moment in history there's really no need and no grounds.

Nobody on here would accept being subjected to any abuse if they had to visit a previous employers in their new role so why is football any different.

I think Mr Shinnie forfeited that right during the game when Ryan Christie got sent off and last Saturday's game when he was as bad as other Aberdeen players for gamesmanship. Would you treat your former employer like that?.

• Agree 1

Respect works both ways.  Shinnie was a great player for us but by the same token, the club gave him a lot.  There was someone in the crowd on Saturday who summed it up for me when he shouted out something like "I still love you Graeme - even if you are a traitorous wee b******d!" 

• Agree 1

Ex player or not, the tackle was reckless and dangerous, but to me his reaction to continue playing instead of putting the ball out of play was unforgivable.  It was obvious Brad Mckay was in some distress, yet he decided his priority was to try catch us out by going for goal. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic