Hamilton game

bdu98196

Big game, probably the definition of a 6 pointer. So lets try lift the gloom around here and see what make shift side we can put out, I'm expecting this game not to be pleasant on the eye whatever the results.

OFW

Horner Meekings Draper Tremarco

Tansey Vigurs

Doran                            King

Sutherland

Doumbaye

Assuming Raven & Mckay are still out? Otherwise one of them into RB. May as well give Sutherland a start, neither Mulraney or Cole have done much so maybe time to give the lad a go - cant be any worse. Another chance for Vigurs but only due to there being no other options IMO, needs to step up and put in a solid shift for once if not he'll be out muscled by the Hamilton players, then loose his cool and be off before the end.

Playing Vigurs in that deep midfield role is suicidal and if Richie does it again I might cry.  Ali Crawford will cause havoc if Vigurs is the one keeping an eye on him.

The Courier says McKay and Raven might be available so fingers crossed.  McKay has to come in at CB to free Draper up for midfield.  If fit I'd rather have Raven at RB than Horner anyday.

I'm not averse to Vigurs playing a more advanced midfield role like he did in our League Cup games, but it is critical that we get bodies forward to support Doumbouya.

King has done next to nothing for weeks other than lose the ball and fall over, so surely Mulraney should get a shot?  He has the pace to get up to Doumbouya quickly too.

So my ideal lineup would be OFW - Raven, Meekings, McKay, Tremarco - Draper, Tansey - Doran, Vigurs, Mulraney - Doumbouya

• Agree 2

Apparently Horner, Raven and Mackay could return according to the Inverness Courier. Might mean we could have something resembling a defence if that's the case. Maybe something like this...

Fon Williams
Raven / Horner Mackay Meekings Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Doran King
Doumbouya

With our creaky defence I really feel it needs more protection. Sorry but Vigurs doesn't offer that so pop Draper back in there please for a wee bit more cover. Cole doesn't seem to have a cutting edge in the final third but Doran always has a creative eye for a pass. Maybe try him behind Doumbouya? I'd like to see Mulraney get a start as well. he's still very raw but he is so quick he could offer a real threat on the flank. Last week we seemed to insist on cutting inside all the time and jogging across the edge of the Saints box. Get Mulraney in and see if he can hit the byline and get some crosses in.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Apparently Horner, Raven and Mackay could return according to the Inverness Courier. Might mean we could have something resembling a defence if that's the case. Maybe something like this...

Fon Williams
Raven / Horner Mackay Meekings Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Doran King
Doumbouya

With our creaky defence I really feel it needs more protection. Sorry but Vigurs doesn't offer that so pop Draper back in there please for a wee bit more cover. Cole doesn't seem to have a cutting edge in the final third but Doran always has a creative eye for a pass. Maybe try him behind Doumbouya? I'd like to see Mulraney get a start as well. he's still very raw but he is so quick he could offer a real threat on the flank. Last week we seemed to insist on cutting inside all the time and jogging across the edge of the Saints box. Get Mulraney in and see if he can hit the byline and get some crosses in.

^^^^^^^^This!

Just looking at Hamilton's fixtures before New Year:

ICT, Celtic (game in hand), Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen

That is a month from hell.......providing we can start the ball rolling with a defeat (for them!) on Saturday.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

We've only beaten them once at home (in the league) in eight attempts..that's a worrying stat'. I don't like stat's. :sad:

Hamilton haven't won away from home this season, however they have gone ahead and the home team have dug in and earned a draw. 0 wins 5 draws and 2 defeats.

7 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Hamilton haven't won away from home this season, however they have gone ahead and the home team have dug in and earned a draw. 0 wins 5 draws and 2 defeats.

Which means they're due an away win...even more worrying :cry:

OFW

.                             Horner.  Meekings.  Mackay.  Tremarco

.                                                    Draper

.                                  Tansey.                      Vigurs

.                                                     Doran

.                                         King.          Doumbouya

Esson,Sutherland ,Gilchrist , Mulrahney and anyone who fancies a game! 

OFW

Mackay      Meekings     Tremarco

King    Cole     Tansey    Draper    Doran 

Sutherland

Doumbouya

Subs: Esson, Horner, Vigurs, Mulraney, Macrae, Gilchrist, Robertson

Please let's have a decent home support today guys! No home game for three weeks-no excuse! 

We need to get behind our boys! They need our support out there today, not criticism! I will have a wee rajy if I hear people tutting today!! that can wait for post-match on here! 

Oh and the game lasts 90 minutes plus stoppage time, any chance people can maybe sit in their seats until maybe it's finished?! It's not like there's 50 thousand people trying to leave at once!

#aintnofiredrills

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 2

According to BBC gossip (Daily Express story) we tried to postpone, but if OFW doesn't make it, we'll have to play with an outfield player in goal! What?? Even if OFW plays, we'll not have a sub keeper, so if the spasm returns, we're stuffed anyway.

Not great preparation for such a crucial game: I think this shouls have been postponed in the interests of fair play.

I was under the interest you needed at least two designated keepers in the matchday squad.  Even then though, seemingly Esson is fit.

Does beg the question though, in the unlikely event we did need to play an outfield player in goal, who would be?  Josh Meekings would be the best choice IMHO (for obvious reasons!).

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I was under the interest you needed at least two designated keepers in the matchday squad.  Even then though, seemingly Esson is fit.

Does beg the question though, in the unlikely event we did need to play an outfield player in goal, who would be?  Josh Meekings would be the best choice IMHO (for obvious reasons!).

Scotty Kellacher! If he stood side on there's nothing getting passed him...:hiding02:

There will be two or three playing through the pain today.  If an outfield player is needed in goals my bet would be Drapes.  ictfcsince94 is spot on that the players need our support today.  I think Hamilton will be pressing us hard and be right in our faces.  I can see us losing an early goal and that is when the guys will need our support and not have people getting on their backs.  In the circumstances, I would be happy with a draw but a win would be a real morale booster.  Forget the Christmas shopping - get behind the team!

Hopefully injuries won't hinder us too much today. If it is the case that we have several players out, we need to use this to try and give us that underdog, backs against the wall mentality. In a way there will be less pressure if we have a weakened squad and the odds are against us, hopefully we can use that to our advantage.

Could Foran not come out of retirement and play as a keeper?  There is some logic here: he's fairly tall, still in decent shape, has/had a great leap as a player and does have experience of playing GAA which I guess isn't unlike being a keeper.  

47 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

There will be two or three playing through the pain today.  If an outfield player is needed in goals my bet would be Drapes.  ictfcsince94 is spot on that the players need our support today.  I think Hamilton will be pressing us hard and be right in our faces.  I can see us losing an early goal and that is when the guys will need our support and not have people getting on their backs.  In the circumstances, I would be happy with a draw but a win would be a real morale booster.  Forget the Christmas shopping - get behind the team!

Definitely not Drapes have you seen his legs. The ball is guaranteed to go through them ( ) 

• Agree 1

Hamilton are 5/2, which seems very generous given their good record up here, our injuries, lack of defenders and general p1shness recently, and that's even even before you take into account the potential lack of goalkeepers.