Scotty

Larnell Cole was a merry wee soul, and a tricky wee old soul was he;
He called for the middle of the field
Where he played with the fiddlers three.
Every fiddler had a fine fiddle, and a very fine fiddle had he;
Oh there's none so rare as can compare
With Larnell Cole and his fiddlers three.

• Agree 1

Hamilton scored a peach of a goal. apart from that it was mainly one way traffic. Chance after chance and we only scored one goal. Should have been 5-1 easy. 

Great teamwork going forward and a good recovery rate when we lost the ball. The guys got stuck in today those 3 points aren't far away, 

• Disagree 1

All things considered, that was a decent result and an entertaining game. Crawford's goal was cheeky, but really a tame shot. OFW held up an embarrassed hand to the crowd. Apart from that, Hamilton had few chances. We definitely created the better chances and should have had a penalty.

One last point: All 3 officials were an embarrassment. They should hang their heads in shame after that effort at officiating.

Edited by PerfICT

22 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That's 1 point from 9 against 3 mediocre sides....in which we had the majority of possession each time! Sounds like defence was better today, what we need next is a cutting edge.

Possession is one thing but we cut them open time and time again.

26 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

All things considered, that was a decent result and an entertaining game. Cawford's goal was cheeky, but really a tame shot. OFW held up an embarrassed hand to the crowd. Apart from that, Hamilton had few chances. We definitely created the better chances and shoild have had a penalty.

One last point: All 3 officials were an embarrassment. They should hang their heads in shame after that effort at officiating.

Yes blind man's bluff and pin the tail on the donkey would have been more appropriate than holding the whistle and the cards.:tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

For those not able to be there, a much better showing and I found the game enjoyable and entertaining.

We could, and perhaps should, have won, with a clear penalty denied and a few good chances missed. Equally, Hamilton were quick on the break and could feel they could have won too.

I did not see the Hamilton goal clearly, so can't comment on Fon Williams, but I felt he was not fully fit.

Hamilton targeted Horner initially, but I felt he did fine and pushed forward effectively a few times.

Tremarco quieter than sometimes but also had a couple of chances.

Mckay did well, particularly as playing through an injury, whilst Meekings played on after a heavy knock, which is probably why he stayed back all second half.

Tansey and Draper were solid enough in front if the defence, and protected the "walking wounded". 

I cannot criticise Vigurs today, whilst Cole could turn out to be a find if we can keep hold of him. His goal gave him confidence and he was a real livewire: my man of the match.

Mulraney's pace was troubling Hamilton, but he sometimes lacks judgement and keeps the ball too long.

Doumbouya was his normal self, and held the ball better than sometimes.

Is Doran struggling? Surprised he did not come off the bench.

The ref was poor again.

An encouraging afternoon, only lacking a winning goal.

And at risk of being controversial, the flares, by both sets of fans, were unnecessary.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

An entertaining game.  Given our injury problems I am happy to settle for a draw although we could have won the game and jumped from 12th to 7th.  I think in the first half and the earlier part of the 2nd half we created enough chances to have won the game but the longer the game went on the more likely it looked that any winner would come at the wrong end of the pitch.  We need a bit more composure in front of goal and we need better balls into the middle.

We also need to be a bit more disciplined at times.  Draper, who was captain for the day, nearly followed Warren's example in getting sent of for needless fouls.  He got a deserved yellow for a pretty reckless challenge and was lucky not to get another one later.  Mulraney needlessly gave away the free kick from which Hamilton scored.  He was goal side of the player with the ball and rather than just stay goal side he lunged in when he was never going to get the ball.  We also gave away 2 or 3 more free kicks in dangerous positions and it is this sort of lack of composure that is regularly costing us.

It was good to see Cole have a good game.  In some other games he seems to have been caught out by the pace of the game but he looked a lot more aware today and took his goal really well.  It would be great if we were able to extend his loan.  

Can someone point me to the SFA edict which states that when players are up against Lonsana Doumbouya they are allowed to pull his shirt, physically grab any part of his anatomy, push him in the back with both hands, put their hands on his shoulders when jumping for the ball, block him of with their elbows, kick him and trip him up?  It happens week in and week out and referees simply ignore it.  There are times when the poor lad looks quite bemused as to why he is not being awarded a foul.   

• Agree 6

11 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Good to see The Beard finally calling out the ref! We've had very little in the way of decisions going our way this season and the quality of officiating has been pants to say the least! 

And a bit of a nod to everyone getting on Fonners back (no pun intended) about the 'easy' save! Just remember, he shouldn't even of been playing! Hoban or Draper or whoever would have ended up in the sticks would have likely let in more over the course of the game. From where I was sitting, it looked like Fonners made some top drawer saves to keep us in it in the second half. 

Hamilton are a poorer team than St Johnstone, but that was still a big improvement on last week. Vigurs played ahead of Draper in an advanced midfield role and looked more effective than he has in weeks, and the defence looked stronger and quicker to cover with McKay in there and Meekings restored to his rightful position. We also created far more chances this week, and were a bit unlucky not to take a couple more of them. Good to see Cole score, as last week and, until scoring yesterday, he showed flashes of skill but hadn't really posed much threat. Hopefully the goal will give him confidence to push on. Normally I'd say OFW should have done better with the goal, but given the back problem he was playing through, he probably gets a pass for that. Don't think the game was quite as one-sided as some people are making out though: it was fairly even up until Hamilton scored, after which we started to dominate; the first 20-25 mins of the second half we were clearly the better team too, but Hamilton came right back into it in the closing stages and looked quite threatening. Probably a quite decent game overall, although I rarely really think about that as I mentally pinball between hope, fear and frustration over the 90 mins.       

• Agree 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, 12th Man said:

Hamilton scored a peach of a goal. apart from that it was mainly one way traffic. Chance after chance and we only scored one goal. Should have been 5-1 easy.  

I have to say that rather reminds me of Mourinho's statement the other day that if ManU had won all their drawn matches they would be top of the league!

Trust you to highlight that Charles when in fact if he had turned all of the draws in to 3 points he would be in 2nd.

You don't want to upset Morhinio or he will have you working on Christmas day and it that doesn't work he's going to take the bangs out of all of the crackers.

Edited by 12th Man

Not much to add to what alternative says above. Good number of chances for both teams. Hamilton started stronger and ended the game looking pretty threatening whilst we probably controlled the match for the parts in between. Some really wasteful finishing from us at times. Doumbouya, Tansey, Draper and others must have misplaced their shooting boots. Shame we didn't really have any other attacking options on the bench who might have come on and grabbed a vital second goal.

Defence looked a lot better with Draper just in front of it and Vigurs looked like he was more effective further forward and put in a reasonable shift actually trying to win the ball at times (but not every time). Fon Williams positioning was definitely suspect for the opener and once he had placed himself that far over with his injury he was going to struggle to get back across to keep out the Crawford shot.

Well taken goal by Cole. Seemed to take an age to go in and I wondered if it deflected off an Accies player causing it loop up and over. Despite our pressure I can't think of too many times when we really had the Accies back line scrambling to keep us out. We still seem a little light up top.

EDIT: How on earth did we not get a penalty in the first half with that blatant handball by the Accies defender blocking Doumbouya's header!? :laugh:

Edited by RiG

Noticed on Spotrscene the jambo boy said it was not a penalty because our player handballed first ,he had to zoom in about 500x though to see what he thought was a handball. Fine with the benefit of the camera, but was still a push with the hand on goal line

20 minutes ago, standbydave said:

Noticed on Spotrscene the jambo boy said it was not a penalty because our player handballed first ,he had to zoom in about 500x though to see what he thought was a handball. Fine with the benefit of the camera, but was still a push with the hand on goal line

You seem to be saying that there were two missed infringements, but the only one the referee should have acted on was the one which benefited ICT. I have to say I didn't see the zoom-in in question and it's more or less impossible to spot anything even from the slo-mo in the highlights, so I just don't know about the alleged first one. But IF there was an missed hand ball by the Inverness player before the missed handball by the Hamilton defender, the second one surely becomes irrelevant since play should have stopped at the instant of the first infringement.

11 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You seem to be saying that there were two missed infringements, but the only one the referee should have acted on was the one which benefited ICT.

I would endorse this approach.

More seriously, one majorly disappointing issue on Saturday was the seemingly irreversible decline in our crowds. That was the first game v Hamilton that has dropped through the 3,000 barrier in the last few years (maybe ever I haven't gone back beyond the 2010/11 season). Hamilton have never brought a lot of fans to our place so it looks like we've lost almost 1,500 fans for this game between August 2010 (3,851) and December 2016 (2,473). Ouch!

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic