World Cup tops

Guest Caley83

Guest Caley83

Says in todays Sunday mail that addidas are sending up loads or Trinadad and Tobago tops, with (Jason) Scotland on the back.

Im buying one, anyone else?

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

Not me. Couldn't decide who to support in that group so to be fair i'm going to support all three sweden, t&t and (is it paraguay?) :roll:

4835-3.jpg

New T&T Home Top

SCOTLAND may not be at this year's World Cup finals, but a shirt carrying the country's name has already become the must-have fashion item for Scottish fans.

The official jersey of the Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason Scotland, who plays for St Johnstone, is in so much demand that the maker, Adidas, is sending extra deliveries north of the Border.

The shirt has been adopted as the "streetwear" of choice for members of the Tartan Army.

Trinidad and Tobago holds a special place in the hearts of Scotland supporters. As well as sharing frequent underdog status, the Caribbean team is facing the Auld Enemy, England, during the World Cup and has five squad members who play for Scottish clubs.

Retailers are expecting the collectable shirts, which will sell for about £30, to be among the most popular of the season

John Kaylor, chairman of the Perthshire branch of the Tartan Army, praised the sale of the shirts.

He said: "I am a St Johnstone supporter and I shall be singing, 'I'd walk a thousand miles' if [Jason] Scotland scores a goal in the World Cup. There is no doubt that is who everyone in the Tartan Army will be supporting. A lot of people have got the older shirts with 'Scotland' written on the back, and there are already loads of bidders on eBay. They will all be Scotland supporters buying them, there is nothing surer.

"These football shirts will be very common this summer. Jason Scotland will be proud, no doubt."

A spokesman for Adidas said he was aware of Trinidad and Tobago's expected cult status with the Tartan Army. He said: "We do expect a high level of interest in Trinidad and Tobago merchandise in Scotland - as we do from any team that's playing England, really. "