Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2016-12-24 7-06-17 AM.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

Streamed live feed to my iPhone in a bar in Cyprus while having a few beers. Definitely matched Rangers and had a couple of chances in both halfs. Our waiter's from Astra and was also at our European away game. Thought it was an omen for an equaliser but alas not the case....anyway, Merry Christmas everyone, onwards and upwards in 2017

• Agree 1

Harsh result. From my stream I would say we dominated for long spells and had we scored four or five the Rangers could have had no complaints.

Good performance by us overall, deserving of all three points, Fotheringham MotM. Three outstanding saves. Polly should have buried a free hit on goal. Story of our season, surely that will change................... won't it.

Sounds like a very decent performance today.  The defence has certainly tightened up since we were regularly leaking 3 a game, that's just 1 conceded in each of the last 3 games.  Lack of firepower is becoming more apparent now, with just 4 goals scored in 7 games and never more than 1 per game in that spell.

Onwards and upwards......

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Sounds like a very decent performance today.  The defence has certainly tightened up since we were regularly leaking 3 a game, that's just 1 conceded in each of the last 3 games.  Lack of firepower is becoming more apparent now, with just 4 goals scored in 7 games and never more than 1 per game in that spell.

Onwards and upwards......

The perennial problem since Billy McKay left. We are lacking someone who is a consistent and reliable goal threat up front....Santa, if you're listening....

Worth a trip down from the Highlands for a decent ICT performance. The better team in the 1st half, and over the piece the better team. Can't wait to see the highlights as I don't know how we didn't score in the first half. Nice to see the players come over to applaud the travelling fans. But Doumbouya went one better by singling out one lucky lad & handed him his shirt. Which both set of supporters appreciated!. :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Really frustrating to come away without anything there. We looked stronger at the back than we have in ages - Meekings was superb and Mckay again showed that he has been an excellent signing - and we pressed the ball really well further up the park; Tansey and Doumbouya deserve particular praise in this regard. Cole also had probably his best game for us to date - nominally starting on the left of a three behind Doumbouya, he actually played a bit of a free role and looked far more willing take players on than he has in previous games.

The drawback of the line-up and tactics we adopted was that we were very short of pace up front, and, especially with Doumbouya dropping back to support so much, we lacked anyone overlapping or taking the ball on. The chances we created - and there were more than there have have been for a while - were mostly created through sheer hard graft, forcing Rangers back by degrees. The fact that we weren't able to take any of them points to a fundamental weakness in the current squad that will probably see us struggling all season, even if we can turn in performances as impressive as this on a consistent basis. Then again, six points against Motherwell and County and we could be back in the top six for the start of 2017. Funny league this year.

Merry Christmas btw, CTO folks.

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, IBM said:

After the reports of a good performance today even the BBC reports said the Rangers were lucky to get a win we might get a few more to come along on Wednesday night.

Bbc/OF bias again...clearly an OG but awarding the goal to the fattay! Haha! 

After a couple of shoddy performances it sounds like the boys put in a great shift today. Fingers crossed we transfer this to our next couple of games and pick up 4-6 points.  

Well done to all of the away fans who travelled to Glasgow.  Hop you all got home safe and sound & merry Xmas.

• Agree 2

Reminded me very much of the Dungdee game - on top and in control for most of the game, but unable to create or convert any goalscoring opperchancities.

i actually think they're tryin too hard at times....

if you'd offered me a 1-0 defeat on the way there I'd o taken that...but after watching the performance I'm struggling to work out how the diddy team have found themselves in 2nd spot.... there is not a ten place gap between the two teams that were playing yesterday. 

A goal-scorer is required, pronto....lets hope santa's been good to oor Richie!

anyway, as much as taking something out of that would of been nice, it's the next two games that are meaningful....and I'll happily play dog-sh1t and pick up points if the alternative is to play well and lose! 

Time to get ugly boys, and really earn those yellows that are being dished out like meth at a govan pharmacy! 

#caleyjagsaway #prideofthehighlands #whoevenarerangers 

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic