Scotty

On 04/01/2017 at 10:48 AM, forresjags said:

The back five have looked suspect all season and this has been our downfall to date. Unfortunately due to injuries etc they are guaranteed a start every week no matter how badly they perform, We have to bring in at least another central defender and full back. Also what is the story with Esson is he fit or not, because on present form Fon Williams deserves a rest.      

It's been hard for fon Williams as I believe he's been carrying a back injury of late but has had to play. That's going to make his job incredibly difficult, particularly when the defence are so often  posted missing.

Our defensive organisation at set pieces is excruciatingly laughable at times. Like every player running to the ball, then again  and again. Like headless chickens.

On 06/01/2017 at 3:40 AM, iamthecaptain1 said:

It's been hard for fon Williams as I believe he's been carrying a back injury of late but has had to play. That's going to make his job incredibly difficult, particularly when the defence are so often  posted missing.

Our defensive organisation at set pieces is excruciatingly laughable at times. Like every player running to the ball, then again  and again. Like headless chickens.

I was listening to Willie Miller after one of our games, much as he annoys me he knows about defending. Anyway he said he'd seen us a few times this season and our defence is struggling because they're ball watching instead of watching the players and the spaces. If it's this obvious why are they doing it over and over. Do we have a defensive coach?

6 hours ago, Robert said:

We took 21 points from our last 17 games last season.

If we do the same this season, will 37 get us up to10th or better?

For that to happen would require our "points per game" to increase by a whopping 63% from 0.76 to 1.24.

It's not impossible, but bear in mind that our current form has us earning just 0.3 points per game, so an absolutely massive turnaround would be required, of the type that usually only happens when the manager is replaced.....

19 hours ago, Yngwie said:

For that to happen would require our "points per game" to increase by a whopping 63% from 0.76 to 1.24.

It's not impossible, but bear in mind that our current form has us earning just 0.3 points per game, so an absolutely massive turnaround would be required, of the type that usually only happens when the manager is replaced.....

So in other words.... we're fecked!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I remember going through a similar exercise in about the March of the season back in D1 (2010) and coming to the conclusion that the turnaround required was just too big. I was, of course, very wrong in advance an incredible run and Dundee bottling it.

One factor that might count against us turning it around outwith the manager and tactics is the player mentality. For years we have been top 6, safe and good cup runs where as those around us like Hamilton,  killie, Partick, Dundee and motherwell have all fitted with play offs and that end of the table - their players and clubs know what it is to scrap to survive - do we and can our players step up into that mindset?

On 07/01/2017 at 10:27 AM, Robert said:

We took 21 points from our last 17 games last season.

If we do the same this season, will 37 get us up to10th or better?

Hard to say, there's 7 clubs sitting around or just under the point a game average. We certainly aren't dead and buried. 

We seem to do better against the bigger clubs who attack more and leave spaces throughout the park for us to counter attack only trouble is smaller clubs are doing the same to us.

As it stands we only need to earn a few more points than those around us so 37 points may be irrelevant.

• Agree 1

If we cannot show optimism on our forum  how can we expect our players to respond, lets drop the B in Booing and will the players on.

At our best we can beat any team and in the next few weeks we will prove this. Have faith and get the togetherNess back !!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

As Caley 100 has pointed out our results have to improve dramatically to equal last years second half performance, and it's not going to happen. I have made the point in other posts that RF should never have been put in this situation and never have been offered a four year contract without having served an apprenticeship somewhere. Do we really think a rookie manager can dig us out of the mire we are now in? The board need to bite the bullet, stick with RF and see us relegated or pay him off and employ an experienced manager. I liked RF as a player and as a human being but he is not a manager, nowhere near it,he has served no apprenticeship, even Mourinho served an apprenticeship before going on to greater things, so all this hopium on here is just wishful thinking. You can red dot me all you like but it wont make one iota of difference in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

• Agree 1

The 'terracing' behind the goals is just a grass bank isn't it? We'll get a wee bit of the covered terracing down by the corner flag but I would imagine any folk wanting a sing song will be behind the goals.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic