SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

Unless we pick up at least three points from the next three games we are going down. We are looking like a team wholly lacking in confidence and struggling. Does anyone truly believe that we can get summat from Tynie or Cellic ? Perhaps we can get summat from the Sevco but they may have regrouped by then. There is little that Foran can do. We are stuck with what we have got. We are stuck with the Board. We may actually start thinking about how we can get straight back up next season.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Unless we pick up at least three points from the next three games we are going down.

I don't quite buy into that. What would become 21 points from 27 games doesn't tell much more of the story than the current 18 from 24. The "going down" criterion is more likely to be getting around 33 points from the full 38 games which are the final arbiter of this. 33 points is round about what should avoid bottom place (not guaranteed), with a bit more to avoid the play offs. To reach 33 from 38 would require 15 from the last 14 games or an average of about 1.07 per game. ICT is currently on 0.75 per game so an average improvement of over 40% is needed FOR THE REST OF THE PROGRAMME. On the other hand, playing Hearts and the OF would normally produce less than the going rate of that target which is around the three IHE suggests. Either way, I don't think making predictions from the next three games is going to reveal too much - UNLESS their outcomes reflect a decline - or improvement - in morale. Otherwise, getting fewer than 3 points from the next three games simply increased the target from the 11after that.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

As you drift to at the end of your Mathematics post - This is NOT about statistics. Another three defeats - especially if they are heavy - will sap the confidence further, will increase the general anxiety levels, will increase the fan frustration and Foran and the Board will be under EXTREME pressure. We are currently 3 points adrift of 11th and FIVE points adrift of 10th. Lets look at Hamilton who have Plastic Whistle (away), Cellic (away) and Aberdire (home) which is hard going. But if they pick up three points we could be 6 adrift and goal difference then comes into play. And then we only have six games before the split - Plastic Whistle (away); Tinkerville (home); Killie (home); Aberdire (away); St Jones Town (home) and Well (away).

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

will sap the confidence further, will increase the general anxiety levels, will increase the fan frustration and Foran and the Board will be under EXTREME pressure.

IHE... of these five listed factors, only the first two are direct determinants of ongoing performance and none of them provides an argument to support your initial, very specific cause and effect statement which was "Unless we pick up at least three points from the next three games we are going down."

That says that unless that intermediate outcome is achieved, there will be a definite consequence, which simply isn't the case. The only point at which any outcome like finishing bottom becomes inevitable is when the points arithmetic says so. Until then, you have to deal with probabilities - for instance if a team is not doing well, relegation becomes increasingly probable but isn't confirmed until the point of numerical certainty.

To quote a precedent, there were those who said that unless Caley Thistle beat Dundee at Dens in March 2010, they were not going to win the First Division. They were pegged back to a draw at Dens, but we know what happened thereafter.

I am not being "happy clappy" about the current situation but merely reluctant to use certainties when probabilities are more appropriate. I would therefore suggest that relegation looks likely unless, across the rest of the season, there's an improvement of 40%+ on the current rate of scoring points. I would also have to add that three games ago, before the Partick encounter, that targeted improvement was just 30%+ but has risen because the two points from these three games were below target. Points from Hearts and the Old Firm are (in theory at least) less likely than from other clubs so it's quite possible that your suggested 3 points won't materialise. However that wouldn't guarantee relegation -  it would simply toughen the target even further to maybe 50%+. That isn't guaranteed relegation by any means but as time goes by, the arithmetic tips more and more against unless a revival starts - with confidence and morale, I agree, increasing issues.

What a load of codswallop :cry:If we do not attain the intermediate outcome, the likelihood of the consequences increase and the five factors are all direct effects. You are not down until it is mathematically down is pure nonsense. The writing is on our wall NOW and needs urgent attention. Points mean prizes. Percentage improvements mean nothing. And there is NO comparison whatsoever between 2010 and 2017. I wish that there was.

The fact is that absolutely nothing has gone for us this season and our fortunes have to change at some point. That will happen, that is another fact.

With a little more luck or better fortune we could had 6 points of Rangers alone.........

10th place here we come!

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

The fact is that absolutely nothing has gone for us this season and our fortunes have to change at some point. That will happen, that is another fact.

I wish I had a pound for every time I have read something like that over the last two seasons.

The fact is that our fortunes don't have to change.  It's a competitive sport, not a lottery.

You make your own luck.  The only way out of the mess is to play out of it.

Although it must be about time for a call to Harry Redknapp :laugh:

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Thats up there with the statements criticising referees after games even when played off the park by the opposition - pathetic 'football' excuses. Fact is its not about being unlucky or bad officials or decisions - we have players constantly injured in training, poor tactics, players out of position, lack of motivation ..............the list goes on. Fix those things and we will start to improve but thats nothing to do with lucky, its hard work and actioning a forumlated tactical plan which works to our strengths and competes effectively against our opposition.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Can't call for change the ostriches will get upset and just tell you yesterday didn't matter (although it won't be what they were saying during the week before the game) and its only the league we need to look at. Calls that we will stay up and blind suggestion we are too good, have quality or that Billy will be a saviour are made - while I'd like to agree our long winless run,  lack of confidence, shape and obvious struggle by management to know our best 11 still makes me disagree. We are in full DUTD mode now and some just can't or won't see it. The games sre running out and based on yesterday and the last few months come start of march we will still be without another win and possibly hammered 3 times.

Who says Richie doesn't know his best 11?!?!

Continually hampered by injuries and sickness and suspensions and players 'hiding'! 

9 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Who says Richie doesn't know his best 11?!?!

Think its pretty clear from the selections - no consistency to build on and if players are 'hiding' then whos fault is that but his - he picks them and its his job to motivate them. If you look over our team sheets this season the defence constantly switches in personnel, we swap about attack players and sometimes just play people out of position, while injuries may contribute this isn't always the case - guys play one wk, dropped to the bench the next then back again. Its the actions of a manager desperate for something to 'click' for some miracle to happen with a random combination - sorry but if you remove yourself from being a staunch ICT fan and look objectively, if this was another club then people would question if the manager knew what he was doing (just like they did with Warbs at The Rangers earlier in the year when they had a poor season start and he kept swapping and changing players)

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

if players are 'hiding' then whos fault is that but his - he picks them and its his job to motivate them.

which is why he punishes them by dropping them for the next game. but he cant play the same team the next week, because we have a loan player who cant show against his parent club.  he hooks the dodgy keeper, but cant play the replacement the following week, because he picks up yet another injury.  everything has to change yet again to make way for THREE suspensions and a player who cant show against his parent club.

the refusal to play doran and cole after having standout games confuses me, but off the top of my head thats all i can think?

the back 5 at the start of the season was picking itself and has only really changed due to injuries and suspensions?

the forwards - well he started with the fish, when he went off the boil he persisited with doombers, this appears that he wasnt changing things for the sake of it and actually persisting in the hope that things would gel.

midfield. now, this is where i agree, there has been questionable choices. here, he's clearly picking the best players, and not neccesarily the best group/formation. whilst its arguable that tansey draper and vigurs are some of our best technical players, they dont seem to work well together in any formation they have been tried in this year. Polworth actually frustrates me more the Vigurs, and has serioulsy underperfomed this season. doran hasnt, for some reason, managed to re-establish himself after injury but has showed real sparks when he IS played. 

and i have questioned the manager, regularly. but the blame has to be equally leveled on the players here, and not just Vigurs the evil baddy that he is! with the exception of probably Tremarco ALL have consistently been inconsistent this season and have made life extremely difficult for Richie.  Its the players that have to pull him out of the mire here!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, Ronaldo said:

With a little more luck or better fortune we could had 6 points of Rangers alone.........

10th place here we come!

Et tu Brute - that should have an accent on the end :lol:

• 1 month later...

Clear out from top to bottom required , personalities been around the club to long going through the motions achieving nothing. 

First team in turmoil , development squad struggling at the bottom , crowds well below 3000 we need some new ideas to try and take us forward

12 hours ago, TopSix said:

Wholesale change needed. We're going down. Sack the board. We need investment, new ideas, new direction. 

That will be the same board who steered the club to league cup final,Scottish cup win and Europe. Also the board who gave Hughes shed loads of money which he blew on s***e players admittedly.

From another thread on this forum appears Ritchie is not on a 4 year contract so can be sacked with very little compensation.

No big money hitters left in Inverness area who haven't been previously involved with the club so new ideas and management a must.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

And exactly what do you expect the board to say?

They can either come out with the "full confidence in the manager and team" guff, and get laughed at.

Or they can acknowledge that there are problems with the manager and the team, and thus pull out the last few threads of the rug from underneath them.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Agree 2

The time for post mortems and rethinking where we are going will be at the end of the season. I can only imagine they are horrified at where we are, but the question is what they are capable of doing about it. Going down would seem to be the ideal time to bring a young ambitious manager who has shown some form already.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, rocky1 said:

That will be the same board who steered the club to league cup final,Scottish cup win and Europe. Also the board who gave Hughes shed loads of money which he blew on s***e players admittedly.

From another thread on this forum appears Ritchie is not on a 4 year contract so can be sacked with very little compensation.

No big money hitters left in Inverness area who haven't been previously involved with the club so new ideas and management a must.

The board didn't win the scottish cup, take us into Europe or led us to our highest ever league finish. Butcher and Hughes take the credit for that. If what you state is true about Foran's contract why didn't this wonderful board sack him before now? Sorry but I still feel Sutherland is involved behind the scenes and until he and his cronies get out we will not attract anyone with money. They decided to appoint Foran so they are responsible for our situation. You just can't take credit for success and not take the rap for failure!

• Agree 1

I really don't think Sutherland has anything to do with it. The board took a huge gamble on Foran, which was partly dictated by circumstances, and seemed like a possible solution at the time. Their failure is in not acting when the writing was on the wall, in January/February.

All appointments are a gamble, including Butcher and Hughes, which they were at the time.

Edited by The Long Man

13 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

I really don't think Sutherland has anything to do with it. The board took a huge gamble on Foran, which was partly dictated by circumstances, and seemed like a possible solution at the time. Their failure is in not acting when the writing was on the wall, in January/February.

All appointments are a gamble, including Butcher and Hughes, which they were at the time.

Action should have been taken on the day this thread was started. Even if we'd got Donald Park back to work as Foran's assistant. Sadly it's too late now and I can't see any other outcome than relegation. 

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

The board didn't win the scottish cup, take us into Europe or led us to our highest ever league finish. Butcher and Hughes take the credit for that. If what you state is true about Foran's contract why didn't this wonderful board sack him before now? Sorry but I still feel Sutherland is involved behind the scenes and until he and his cronies get out we will not attract anyone with money. They decided to appoint Foran so they are responsible for our situation. You just can't take credit for success and not take the rap for failure!

If the board get no credit for appointing Butcher or Hughes by that logic they do not take the rap for appointing Foran .

i would however agree it was a rather more risky strategy than the former pair 

Well I think Sutherland still has a huge influence in the board. The Chairman is a Sutherland pick as are one or two of the other members. Whether that is stifling the club or not we will never know apart from the rumours that one other wealthy football keen Inverness businessman will have nothing to do with ICT whilst Sutherland's influence remains.

Time for change, regardless.