SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

Haha. Torch protest. Is the protest that we were good for a couple of seasons and now we are back to below average. 

Thats football, unless we muster up 50,000 fans get used to it, we made some very shrewd signings who developed well with game time here, we brought a few gems through the youth system. They left for more money,  mostly play for the top 2 teams in Scotland or down in England. Our wages is circa 1,000 a week or a bit more. If players are successful they will move on to bigger and better things, which is fair. We didn't replace them well, there was never a guarantee we would, otherwise it would be boring. Our Senior players are ageing quicker than we thought. Things are bad, but hopefully its temporary. Its what footballs all about. Lows make the highs even higher. 

On the whole our club is pretty well run, we have experienced europe and a scottish cup win and are the envy of many teams. The board have made some bad choices, but should be given the opportunity to turn it round. 

It could be worse, you could support a basket case club like Dundee, have your ravenellis and odd good season but also have the administrations, and no cup wins for donkeys and...Neil McCann!

• Agree 6

On 18 April 2017 at 3:10 PM, RiG said:

Now this surely has to be a wind up, good fishing attempt though

Can you imagine how cringeworthy this would be and how embarrassing  it would be if attempted

Having said that it sounds like something the Green Brigade would do so I wouldn't be surprised to see IHE turn up with his old school Motorola using the screen light

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, dougal said:

Now this surely has to be a wind up, good fishing attempt though

Can you imagine how cringeworthy this would be and how embarrassing  it would be if attempted

Having said that it sounds like something the Green Brigade would do so I wouldn't be surprised to see IHE turn up with his old school Motorola using the screen light

Dougal

I don't think mobile phones existed in IHEs school days. 

The people using their phones will be the ones making the most noise at the match so can hardly lecture them,  best of luck using the phone lights at 20 past 4 ish.

• Disagree 2

14 hours ago, dougal said:

Can you imagine how cringeworthy this would be and how embarrassing  it would be if attempted?

I really can't think of a more crass and empty gesture than this proposed protest and anyone doubting my sincerity here should note my rare empathy with Dougal on this subject.

• Disagree 2

On 4/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, Renegade said:

Has the light show thread been deleted?

On 4/20/2017 at 9:15 AM, Scotty said:

nothing deleted. perhaps the batteries just ran out !

I stand corrected ... the thread was deleted ... but not by admin or mods. it was deleted by the original poster for whatever reason. 

34 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

keep-calm-and-sack-the-board-5.png

Never mind a red black comeback, how about a rednblue one? It seems a million miles away tonight and fundamental changes have to happen, starting with the chairman and manager.

I'm pretty sure Kenny Cameron is a decent and honourable man who will know when it is time to go. Relegation is clearly the appropriate time to hand over the reigns to someone else to lead the rebuilding process.

• Agree 1

Sacked by whom exactly?  It's an easy thing to say but perhaps someone can explain how 'sacking' can actually happen.  There's no doubt they made a mistake appointing Foran but the way some go on, you'd think it was made up of Vladimir Romanov, Craig Whyte and Giovanni Di Stefano.

11 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Sacked by whom exactly?  It's an easy thing to say but perhaps someone can explain how 'sacking' can actually happen.  There's no doubt they made a mistake appointing Foran but the way some go on, you'd think it was made up of Vladimir Romanov, Craig Whyte and Giovanni Di Stefano.

Of course they can't be sacked, but I can't think of a better way of expressing my anger towards them in witnessing what a shambles the club is becoming/has become!

• Agree 1

Just heard Charlie Christie's comments on the radio. To quote him "it's been coming" - seems an interesting thing to say.  Reading between the lines the club has sleepwalked into this and there's a distinct lack of direction and football knowledge at board level.

The board are simply an extension of the real power behind the club. That person has been trying to offload his involvement for many years but awaits a pay off from someone coming in (and Savage has repeatedly refused to bite at this prospect).

Simple. If directors or owners of a business make poor decisions it costS them money. It is now time for our directors to PERSONALLY PAY for their decisions which have placed our club in this position

Should they decide not to - they shoukd step aside NOW.

Ps

Well done CC for speaking the truth but I sincerely hope they don't punish you for telling it.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Simple. If directors or owners of a business make poor decisions it costS them money. It is now time for our directors to PERSONALLY PAY for their decisions which have placed our club in this position

Should they decide not to - they shoukd step aside NOW.

Ps

Well done CC for speaking the truth but I sincerely hope they don't punish you for telling it.

Well done Charlie ! Some one with balls .Time for the club to move to that new level , club is Totally run amateur and run like the old highland league days . 

• Agree 1