SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've seen some mention of this on Twitter but I think some of the YT who were protesting outside were seeing some of the supporters in hospitality after the game not directors or anyone like that.

That said I was quite surprised at the mood of some people in hospitality. There were a lot of sad faces but a surprising number of folk laughing and joking. I suppose everyone reacts to things differently in fairness.

The hospitality folk were waving and making gestures of support from what I saw. It was definately a couple of suits (club ties and all) who were doing the laughing. Standing at the door at the bottom of the boxes.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

The hospitality folk were waving and making gestures of support from what I saw. It was definately a couple of suits (club ties and all) who were doing the laughing. Standing at the door at the bottom of the boxes.

Ah well I didn't see that. Not saying it didn't happen obviously. I was too busy staring blankly off into the distance of the Moray Firth to really notice anything :sad:

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

There is unlikely to be fresh investment. That is a forlorn hope.

What is needed, however, is a public recognition and acknowledgement that things have been badly handled over the last two years both on and off the pitch and a strategy for putting things back on an even keel so that we can regain our vital top tier status sooner rather than later.

By the way, what is the point in having a media team who despite being 'volunteers' cost the club a fair sum, when all they do is spin positive news and when there is absolutely nothing positive to spin go completely silent ?

We don't agree with much Kingsmills but I think you could be right.

• Agree 1

Posted on the official twitter page.

'The ICTFC Directors appreciate your continued patience and a statement on how the club intends to move forward will be issued in due course.'

Not sure who the intended audience is for that, better to say nothing until there's something to say in my book.

I was in hospitality wearing shirt and club tie. Although I was obviously very disappointed about the outcome I'd accepted relegation weeks ago. This was a good opportunity to share a meal and as many free drinks as I could with my football friends (insert Inbetweeners meme here) and family. 

It was interesting on the Caley Club bus when the protesting young team got a lift back into town. We had a good old sing song upstairs :laugh: 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I was in hospitality wearing shirt and club tie. Although I was obviously very disappointed about the outcome I'd accepted relegation weeks ago. This was a good opportunity to share a meal and as many free drinks as I could with my football friends (insert Inbetweeners meme here) and family. 

It was interesting on the Caley Club bus when the protesting young team got a lift back into town. We had a good old sing song upstairs :laugh: 

This! A lot of fans in hospitality on Saturday as was witnessed by singing etc at back of main stand 

• Agree 1

I'm sure the board didn't see this coming and tbf they did back foran with some decent loan signings who hopefully we can retain! I think they were to loyal to foran and should've binned him at xmas time but I believe they will rectify that mistake and make the right choice this time whether foran is involved in some capacity who nos wouldn't surprise me! Sack them who's gonna come in don't see a queue forming tbh! 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

some decent loan signings who hopefully we can retain!

Disagree there, King was average at best, McCart did ok and Billy was decent and as for Cole he was utter shyte in play and attitude. No loan signing set the team on fire or did an awful lot. Personally moving forwards rather than waste money on players we will never see again (although I accept King may have been a plan if he did well we could sign him) - we invest in our own youngsters or pick up young released players on a 2 or 3 year deal. Unless its proven quality on loan, then why waste the money?

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Not a single poster on here calling for the board to resign has presented an alternative option or suggested where the money will come from.

as stakeholders not shareholders, we dont really need to come up with an alternative.  that is for the shareholders to worry about.

we, as fans, are merely making our feelings felt.  i think its not specifically this season that has been the problem, but the straw over the camels back.

Can we get this embroidered onto the shirt for next season please:  "From Bucharest to Brechin, in TWO YEARS!!"

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The embroidered "Pride of the Highlands" has been replaced with "Pride comes before a fall!"

Aye how right. I hope everyone can see how that "Pride of the Highlands" crap was just another bad decision by those in a position to change what they want without due consultation.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Aye how right. I hope everyone can see how that "Pride of the Highlands" crap was just another bad decision by those in a position to change what they want without due consultation.

My turn to agree with you and give you a green dot into the bargain. Even if we'd enjoyed our best season ever instead of possibly our worst, it was always a crass and inappropriate thing to have on an official club crest. I sincerely hope that whoever was responsible for that decision isn't the same person who is now responsible for the vital decisions which are likely to shape our medium term future.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Disagree there, King was average at best, McCart did ok and Billy was decent and as for Cole he was utter shyte in play and attitude. No loan signing set the team on fire or did an awful lot. Personally moving forwards rather than waste money on players we will never see again (although I accept King may have been a plan if he did well we could sign him) - we invest in our own youngsters or pick up young released players on a 2 or 3 year deal. Unless its proven quality on loan, then why waste the money?

Ye it was the latter two I was meaning they backed him when they probs should've sacked him mackay mccart and Laing were decent! Coles attitude was shocking right enough! Ye agree there our youth system isn't the most productive! Ye could do with some hungry young bosmans signings be interesting what funds be available next season and what players will jump ship 

2 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

as stakeholders not shareholders, we dont really need to come up with an alternative.  that is for the shareholders to worry about.

we, as fans, are merely making our feelings felt.

In that case, let me indulge in a bit of Devil's Advocacy. The scenario you have just described is that of a customer of a business. What would normally then happen is that a dissatisfied customer would take his custom elsewhere... but I have a feeling you won't be pitching up at the Global Energy Stadium next season. You do seem to be looking for the best of both worlds - leave the sorting of the business to other people, don't participate as a shareholder (even though that entitles you to attend and speak at the AGM), but retain the right to complain. Is that not a bit like looking for influence without responsibility?

• Agree 1

For what my opinions worth, sacking the board?  To be replaced by who ?  As stated before , I didnt see a queue of fowk lining up to volunteer.  They also didnt have cases stuffed with cash.  Unfortunately.

The mistake, if there was one, may have been to appoint an inexeperienced manager.  This has not turned out well. His comments on Saturday after the game did him no favours and showed his lack of management skills in firstly admitting there were "bad apples" but also the fact that he hadnt removed them before. Not the cleverest.  We have good players, most of them , I think they have been badly led. 

We have had bad good times and now we ve got bad times but I ve supported the team, Thistle, then Caley Thistle since 1974 and I m not about to stop now.

Team needs us, more than ever.

• Agree 7

Agree with much of what you have said sheepslagger. The problem has not just been last season but not kicking on after we won the cup. Again the board must share some of the responsibility along with John Hughes. There does seem to be a total lack of understanding in football matters by the board which is something that could be fairly easily corrected and at no cost by getting the correct director in place.

• Agree 2

There isn't any money forthcoming that we know of for certain. What is certain is that the Board have failed. We need some people on the Board who have a football pedigree. The only one I know of who had any knowledge of football, however small that be, was Richard Smith, and he quit, presumably before his reputation was tarnished. Maybe someone out there can tell us if any other Board members have a football background?

Barry Wilson talked on the radio about a vote that was held by the board of directors around a month ago where the prospect of sacking Foran was voted down.  I believe Smith was one who voted to sack Foran.  

Could all this lead to Malpas appointment as Director of Football? There is obviously no way he would be a "volunteer" but I would prefer to see us spend on this role than other areas which seem to be completely unproductive. Maybe there are others who could fill this role.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Huisdean said:

The problem has not just been last season but not kicking on after we won the cup.

Kicking onto where, we won a cup and reached 3rd in the league. The season after the crowds never saw a boost in numbers suggesting no matter how successful the team is we cant entice more than the 3k hardcore we have. Where from there could we go - we did reach the cup QF the following season (last year) but it was always going to be a tough ask to retain it although had we played better in either game against Hibs then we would have probably made the final. Is there really an expectation that we should be challenging for silverware and fighting for the league title while having the 2nd smallest busget and probably 2nd or 3rd smallest crowds?

Its not a prudent, responsible board that people on here seem to want, its a rich beneficiary a-la Gretna, Livi, Dundee, Hearts but lets all see how those fairy stories turned out in the end. There have been errors in judgement by the board and perhaps mistakes in key recruitment however does that demonstrate incompetence and wholesale change being required - if anything the board have shown in the past what could be achieved and as with any walk of life if you make a mistake you learn from it and should come back stronger.

Some fans just have high unrealistic expectations of where the club should be, my issue with the board is a lack of communication and not validating the decision to remain with Foran. We need to see a long term strategy for youth development and stabilizing the club in the community. None of these need the board sacked IMO.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Kicking onto where, we won a cup and reached 3rd in the league. The season after the crowds never saw a boost in numbers suggesting no matter how successful the team is we cant entice more than the 3k hardcore we have. Where from there could we go - we did reach the cup QF the following season (last year) but it was always going to be a tough ask to retain it although had we played better in either game against Hibs then we would have probably made the final. Is there really an expectation that we should be challenging for silverware and fighting for the league title while having the 2nd smallest busget and probably 2nd or 3rd smallest crowds?

Its not a prudent, responsible board that people on here seem to want, its a rich beneficiary a-la Gretna, Livi, Dundee, Hearts but lets all see how those fairy stories turned out in the end. There have been errors in judgement by the board and perhaps mistakes in key recruitment however does that demonstrate incompetence and wholesale change being required - if anything the board have shown in the past what could be achieved and as with any walk of life if you make a mistake you learn from it and should come back stronger.

Some fans just have high unrealistic expectations of where the club should be, my issue with the board is a lack of communication and not validating the decision to remain with Foran. We need to see a long term strategy for youth development and stabilizing the club in the community. None of these need the board sacked IMO.

We lost Miles Storey

Pretty irrelevant now but taking 15,000? fans down to Glasgow and winning a cup would have been a key time to encourage brand new fans to come along to the stadium. Even if it was just £10 off of the cost of a match ticket during the first two months of the season for producing a ticket stub for the cup final and/or Fc Astra away, or an additional discount of £50 for NEW adult season tickets holders producing one of the above ticket stubs, would have helped.

Great idea having the players on the pitch with 100 kids in new football tops though. 

As for crowd numbers there was a like for like boost relating to opposition but it tailed off with lack of wins in the season after the final.

Edited by 12th Man

• 2 weeks later...