SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

The board didn't win the scottish cup, take us into Europe or led us to our highest ever league finish. Butcher and Hughes take the credit for that.

They decided to appoint Foran so they are responsible for our situation.

Devil's advocacy time! :smile: So when times are good, the credit goes to the managers and not to the board who appointed him. But when times are bad, the blame sits with the board and not with the manager they appointed.???  :ohmy:

• Agree 3

Problem is that both Butcher and Hughes flexed their muscles and wound up the Board. Foran was the "quiet life, cheap option" - even backing and keeping him with his clearly appalling record has to be viewed as ostrich in the sand stuff. There really is part of me that the Board may actually view relegation as a bizarre way forward. I also suspect that they think that the Championship is more at Foran's level and may expect a season when we bounce back again and all is forgiven ?

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Problem is that both Butcher and Hughes flexed their muscles and wound up the Board. Foran was the "quiet life, cheap option" - even backing and keeping him with his clearly appalling record has to be viewed as ostrich in the sand stuff. There really is part of me that the Board may actually view relegation as a bizarre way forward. I also suspect that they think that the Championship is more at Foran's level and may expect a season when we bounce back again and all is forgiven ?

If thats true what then yo yo between division till forans contracts up? Or is foran expected to turn in to an alex ferguson type after a season in the championship are people expecting us to steamroller teams like falkirk etc and just stroll back up if only!!

On 12/02/2017 at 9:20 AM, bdu98196 said:

Can't call for change the ostriches will get upset and just tell you yesterday didn't matter (although it won't be what they were saying during the week before the game) and its only the league we need to look at. Calls that we will stay up and blind suggestion we are too good, have quality or that Billy will be a saviour are made - while I'd like to agree our long win less run,  lack of confidence, shape and obvious struggle by management to know our best 11 still makes me disagree. We are in full DUTD mode now and some just can't or won't see it. The games are running out and based on yesterday and the last few months come start of march we will still be without another win and possibly hammered 3 times.

Another 2 months gone and nothing has changed, although I see more noises on here now against Foran's continued tenure and no longer feel like a lone voice.

With our terrible form this season and lack of positive results and performances, the board must see or sense the frustration that has been brewing from the fans, yet they are either ignorant to this and our contribution to the club or are so distant from the fans remain oblivious. Any other club with such a poor run of form the fans could rightly have expected the board to make a statement - while some suggest it as a 'vote of confidence' its at least an explanation of the clubs position, manager support or outlining a longer plan however ignoring the fans and the discord and the lack of any statements dont even suggest they are publicly willing to speak out in the support of RF. As the paying fans who keep the club afloat we deserve to know if the board are happy with RF, then why and what is the long term plan and aims for the coming years of his contract.

I believe the blame for this mess lies solely with the board. Giving an untested and inexperienced manager a long term contract is cheap and frankly irresponsible.

I actually feel sorry for Foran. On many occasions he’s expressed a desire to stay in Inverness for the rest of his life and raise his family here. What happens if the board sack him for their mistakes? Where will he go? His home and life in Inverness is very much on the line, because of the irresponsible actions of our board, who seemed more interested in having money for prawn sandwiches and champagne than a successful top flight football team. It's disgraceful that they have treated a club legend (arguably our biggest legend) as a money saving solution. Foran would have been far better suited to assisting the manager who should have been brought in - but the board wouldn't even give him that chance because of Brain Rice, who as far as I can see, does NOTHING.

If Foran goes; the board must go too.

• Agree 1

Foran is not blameless by any means for the situation we are in. However, I do firmly believe that the board have failed both him and the fans by not providing him with the experienced assistance that, as a new and inexperienced manager, he requires.

It is increasingly evident that, whatever else he may be doing, Brian Rice is not fulfilling that role.

I agree with much of what Barry Wilson says in his article. I think the bottom line is that Foran has been set up to fail. Of course that was not the intention of the board in his appointment, but to appoint a boss with zero experience an assistant who was appointed amid some odd circumstances under Hughes, but kept on after Hughes left was a recipe for disaster.

I had the utmost respect for Foran as a player - he would run through walls for the club and I don't doubt his motivation or desire as a manger either. obviously, nobody on here can comment on his ability to man manage (although we might speculate), but most of us have opinions about his lack of tactical awareness and appropriate team selection. The sense at trhe moment is that he's just spinning the wheel for each game in the hope that a team magically appears to solve all of our problems. I wish he had understood that he was out of his depth months ago and resigned, but I understand why he didn't.

So, the board are culpable for taking the cheap option when Hughes left. Hughes must shoulder some fo the blame for the unsavoury way he left the club and Richie himself for not being man enough to accept that this was too early for him. finally, the players are ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch. with a few exceptions, I would question the desire and team spirit throughout the season.

It isn't over yet, but I fear it will be soon...then the blodd-letting will really begin.

He sounded like that to me after the County game at New Year. He just sounded lost. That is when i thought we should be looking at replacing him, especially with the winter break approaching. We could have given him a deadline to show improvement, for example.

been told this what a board member said to a friend of mine Foran took us down and he going take us back up so it Looks like it they are not going to sack him

and thing is when we go down we will not come back up to spl 

1 hour ago, scottishhighlands said:

been told this what a board member said to a friend of mine Foran took us down and he going take us back up so it Looks like it they are not going to sack him

and thing is when we go down we will not come back up to spl 

Sadly this is the case. Mid table mediocrity in the Championship (at best) beckons. 

Hughes must take NONE of the blame. The board are the ones that made a mess of handling one of their employees! The board/club were offered money for him and Hughes himself made it abundantly clear he wanted to go. But no. So regardless if he later 'engineered' an exit (nobody really know what happens, although we can speculate) the board are the ones that put him in a position to 'engineer' his exit. They could have accepted money for his departure from Dundee United or alternatively let his contract run down. But instead they offered him a new deal, which if I was him I would've signed as there was nothing on the immediate horizon. But as it turns out he's laughing away to himself and away back down the road with a nice wee payoff 6 months later. He couldn't care less, and why should he. Money which we could ill afford.

The club basically glossed over his departure (as in don't ask us about it) and celebrated with new contacts for Raven and Vigurs. Both of whom have generally had awful seasons. 

Everything seemed to happen so quickly after Hughes left that it all seemed to be a total knee-jerk reaction to his departure. That hastiness is ultimately going to cost us an absolute fortune. Again, something we can Ill afford.

• Disagree 2

Lets say the Board resign which i cant see happening does anyone know who might be interested in taking over our club ?  The state this football club is in funds are going to be critical in order to rebuild. When you look at the current first team players there is not many i would keep for our push for promotion next season.  Hate to say it but this club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Foran is not blameless by any means for the situation we are in. However, I do firmly believe that the board have failed both him and the fans by not providing him with the experienced assistance that, as a new and inexperienced manager, he requires.

It is increasingly evident that, whatever else he may be doing, Brian Rice is not fulfilling that role.

I really don't get this Brian Rice knocking. Foran has said he is a very good coach. The question you should be asking is Does Foran take advice and listen to him (and Kel)? Just because JH appointed him doesn't make him unworthy of his job and contract the club gave him

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

Lets say the Board resign which i cant see happening does anyone know who might be interested in taking over our club ?  The state this football club is in funds are going to be critical in order to rebuild. When you look at the current first team players there is not many i would keep for our push for promotion next season.  Hate to say it but this club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

I've heard on good authority recently that a certain north-based business is very interested in buying a controlling stake in the club.  The opportunity just hasn't arisen yet.

1 hour ago, Dan Clark said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "take over" the club? Certainly the Board doesn't own the club - the shareholders do and I'm not sure that the individual directors between them actually hold a massive number of shares. I used to have a pretty good idea of who owned what but have lot track although I'm sure this wouldn't be too difficult to check out. As far as I recollect, Tulloch's substantial minority holding went to the ICT Trust, Sandy Catto's fairly sizeable chunk, which is partly Ian Fraser's former holding of 300,000+, went to the Highland Hospice who still haven't sold them, Alan Savage/Orion still have a perhaps slightly smaller slice (285,000?) as a "legacy" for the Marius Niculae deal and I believe Muirfield Mills acquired shares as part of their investment of a few years ago. Dougie McGilvray used to have (off the top of my head) 80,000 and may well still have them - I don't know. There are other bits and pieces as well plus the penny numbers that individual punters took up in £250 chunks back in 1996.

So IF the board were hypothetically to resign, it would presumably be a case of appointing new directors who would run the club in accordance with the Companies' Act and would remain answerable to the shareholders as very roughly defined above.

Also, your second sentence there... I am interpreting it as if there was a comma after the word "in".... ie the "state" you refer to is general as opposed only to the "funds" aspect. Things certainly aren't good on the field, but if you mean the club as a whole, could you please possibly elaborate?

4 hours ago, ictchris said:

Hughes is only on a short-term contact at Raith, we should get him back.

Whatever your view of Foran there is little doubt that his loyalty is to the club. By the end of his tenure with us Hughes's only loyalty was to himself and his bank balance.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I really don't get this Brian Rice knocking. Foran has said he is a very good coach. The question you should be asking is Does Foran take advice and listen to him (and Kel)? Just because JH appointed him doesn't make him unworthy of his job and contract the club gave him

Agree totally and think a lot of this is down to his association with John Hughes. He is certainly a more experienced coach than RF.

8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Unless you have evidence that this is the case, then this is just pure speculation and doesn't help matters.

• Agree 5