HELLGIN AWAY

1 hour ago, Elginloon said:

If you hate elgin that much take it your not coming here to support your team then

I shall be making it safely, God willing, to the land that spelling and punctuation forgot, but please be rest-assured, me and my fellow city slickers shall be making a hasty exit back to our native land, a land of milk and honey where, unlike the fair town of Elgin, dial-up internet is seen as something from the past, not the distant future.

1 minute ago, Elginloon said:

Well id happily discuss football instead of folk keeping on about a town instead of the game.

See you have a few new signings will they be getting a game or no?

Anier's last game was in November, so I doubt he'll start. Although Richie might want him closer to match sharpness ahead of some must win league games? Cole is re-signed on loan and will be a likely starter, as he was a mainstay prior to the winter break. Ebbe won't start or be near the bench I would assume. 

I really hope Richie used the winter break to try new formations and we don't go into Saturday with the same plans as last year. Drop Vigurs, move Polworth into the middle, start Fisher instead of Doumbouya... just those simple changes would make a huge difference I feel. 

• Agree 2

Anier should be a good signing for yous once hes match fit.

Seen richie at our last home game with his assistant watching us but we played pretty poor compared to what were capable of 

Edited by Elginloon

13 minutes ago, Elginloon said:

Anier should be a good singing for yous once hes match fit. 

I thought Anier had been employed as a player, but elginloon seems to be suggesting that he may be the new head of the Singing Section :smile: Can anyone give us official confirmation of Mr Anier's status at the Caledonian Stadium?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Whats so special about inverness that makes you slag off the town of elgin i think its the fans you hate more than the actual town unless the town run you out the place but doubt that on saturday with the supposed amount of police that are meant to be there

Edited by Elginloon

10 minutes ago, Elginloon said:

Whats so special about inverness that makes you slag off the town of elgin i think its the fans you hate more than the actual town unless the town run you out the place but doubt that on saturday with the supposed amount of police that are meant to be there

Nobody hates anybody. Generally speaking, Elgin City and their fans are not even on our radar. No hatred in this thread, merely pre match banter.

17 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Nobody hates anybody. Generally speaking, Elgin City and their fans are not even on our radar. No hatred in this thread, merely pre match banter.

And give elginloon his due - when he says:

"Whats so special about inverness that makes you slag off the town of elgin i think its the fans you hate more than the actual town unless the town run you out the place but doubt that on saturday with the supposed amount of police that are meant to be there"

he's at least not one of these people claiming that the place is a city.

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

WE HATE ELGIN - ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL. IT's IN THE FECKIN GENES MUN :crazy:

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

As it stands, fans will be able to pay on the day.

This is thanks to Elgin who have managed to provide a few more tickets...over and above the original 1300.

Walk up on the day is a welcome and common sense course with neither Elgin or us looking close to selling out. Might help to nudge the gate above 3,000.

The banter in the build up is great, hope the game gives us the encouragement for the rest of the season.

I can't be there due to a family birthday, but will be watching the BBC text service discretely.

Having seen the comments about Anier, I am hopeful he will be a good acquisition. Doubt he will start on Saturday, and I still think we need a defender. With wing backs, three at the back may be what we need.

My team:

Fon Williams

Mckay, Warren, Meekings, Tremarco

Draper, Tansey

Doran, Polworth, Cole

Fisher

but we will see!

• Agree 1

Well theres folk that argue about the name elgin city that its not a city i wouldnt call it a city always called it a town myself 

I think both sets of fans will have close numbers of attendance im sure we've sold more than 1000 than anyway and as i said before i've no real clue of the hatred between both of us but have been told 

9 hours ago, Elginloon said:

Is there going to be a high police presence. :blink:

I wasn't aware of any trouble from the last time we played in Inverness so what's changed since then.

Which means there won't be any police at the County v the Arabs match.