HELLGIN AWAY

3 minutes ago, RossP said:

When I was young and John Teasdale was still playing/coaching at Elgin, I was once told he dated the girl from The Exorcist. Apparently met her when he was driving limos in America. 

She calls herself elginloon now!

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, neksor said:

Worth putting a few bob on Elgin! 13-2 a few days ago.

The way ICT have been playing it might be a good investment!

I expect ICT to win but Elgin are well known giant killers.

Who have they killed in modern times?

Team:

OFW

MCKAY WARREN MEEKINGS TREMARCO

DRAPER

POLWORTH        TANSEY                  KING

DOUMBOUYA     EBBE

SUBS: VIGURS, MULRANEY, ARNEIR, RAVEN, FISHER, DORAN, ESSON

OFW

Mckay. Warren. Meekings. Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Doran Polworth King

Anier

Subs: Esson, Doumbouya, Fisher, Mulraney, Ebbe, Vigurs, Raven(?)

Doran and King were relatively bright sparks in a generally poor performance at Dungwall and should start. IMO, Polworth's best position is central and he did really well in the hole earlier in the season. Mulraney could be a real option for last 30 + Fisher, Doumbouya or Ebbe if needed. Think Anier will score if played.

12 hours ago, Elginloon said:

Whats a boot to dee we it only boot i know is a few inversneckie wifeys ive seen youd think there bucket holes are as wide as a rubbeerrrr bumperrr whilst there rocking in there carrravan

Is this what S

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Who have they killed in modern times?

Montrose.... Cowdenbeath.... East Stirling.... Clyde...... :wink:

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Just when our defensive injuries couldn't get worse. Hope what I am hearing is not true or Sutherland will have a field day. 

Any positive result will do including a draw 

what have you heard?

6 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Just when our defensive injuries couldn't get worse. Hope what I am hearing is not true or Sutherland will have a field day. 

Any positive result will do including a draw 

No worries there then I thought defence and midfield were immense today.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

No worries there then I thought defence and midfield were immense today.

Losing a soft goal to a team 3 leagues below us doubt you could say we coasted through this with Warren being described as throwing himself into blocking tackles.

"no worries " is not my description but happy with result 

• Disagree 1

It was the goalie who conceded the goal.

Main concern for me was the goal scoring ratio against  a 2nd  division club.

It was you who stated that Draper and Meekings weren't playing, had concerns and even called a draw a positive result.

Tansey had a great game, including Cole, Doran, Tremarco and Polworth who had the freedom down the wings. Players were getting man marked when we didn't have the ball, our players were hard in the tackle and won the man on man battles, our players were hungry for the ball on the counter attack and the defence reduced their stats to only 1 shot on target.

So yes I stand by my words that I thought the midfield and defence were immense today.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

The only time they even looked remotely like scoring was from set pieces. And any team from any league is levelled out at set pieces. OFW needs to be more commanding and less routed to his line IMO. Our mid-fielders were tracking players off the ball...and what's wrong with strong challenges from a team renowned for their size and physicality-you need to use all at your disposal to win games.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Mclennansleftboot said:

Sum atmosphere there yesterday! 

A good day out, nice pies, good weather, good football, a good atmosphere and hassle free transport to and from the match provided by CJT. 

But scratching my head as to why Elgin are in the bottom league. 

39 minutes ago, Mclennansleftboot said:

Would be magnificent to share a league 

Well you shat in your own nest in 1993 so it'll never happen. Here you are, 16 years in league 2 with crowds of 600 and we get to take on the ugly sisters and go on wee trips to Hampden for cup finals and nice wee European jaunts in the sunshine  :dancing:

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

A good day out, nice pies, good weather, good football, a good atmosphere and hassle free transport to and from the match provided by CJT. 

But scratching my head as to why Elgin are in the bottom league. 

I've seen quite a few teams in the bottom league over the past few years and Elgin aren't any better, so no headscratching from me considering it was their biggest game of the season. Stirling Albion came nearer to beating us last year which I admit isn't saying much.

21 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I've seen quite a few teams in the bottom league over the past few years and Elgin aren't any better, so no headscratching from me considering it was their biggest game of the season. Stirling Albion came nearer to beating us last year which I admit isn't saying much.

Wouldnt say that was our biggest game of the season our league is more important so we can make a shift up a league at last.

As for you lot yous done your homework and over powered us by strength which is 1 thing we definetly need but if you play like that in the premier league i think it may be a bit tough for you the rest of the season but all the best you lot maybe one day they'll be a time when these games are a regular

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Elginloon said:

Wouldnt say that was our biggest game of the season our league is more important so we can make a shift up a league at last.

As for you lot yous done your homework and over powered us by strength which is 1 thing we definetly need but if you play like that in the premier league i think it may be a bit tough for you the rest of the season but all the best you lot maybe one day they'll be a time when these games are a regular

Don't worry we're well aware we're the worst team in the league on current form. Unless we improve we're down.

If your league games are bigger does that mean you go on the Forfar forums and noise up the locals about how you've sold 2000 tickets and so on? Does your buddy the talking boot have some decent patter for the Arbroath and Forfar fans or does he stick to Gordies and Sambas?