Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS

LINE-UPS at Borough Briggs

Elgin City v Inverness CT (15:00)

Elgin City: Waters, Cooper, McPhee, McHardy, Nicolson, Reilly, Dodd, Cameron, McLeish, Sutherland, Moore. Subs: Gunn, Reid, Stewart, Bruce, Cullen, Wilson, Watson.

Inverness CT: Williams, Tremarco, Warren, Polworth, Doran, Vigurs, Tansey, Boden, McKay, Doumbouya, Cole. Subs: Ebbe, Brown, Sutherland, Anier, Gilchrist, MacLennan, Esson.

Tweets by @ICTFC

Here's the matchday thread, but updates and other pages like POY voting etc will be a bit late today (and in future weeks) as my little guy has now started going to what they call "little kickers" football training every saturday morning from 11-12 my time (4pm-5pm in UK). He did of course wear the right gear last week !!!

I will get the updates in place on my return from training. 

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic

Has there been a flu outbreak at Inverness???

Strange selection indeed, there must be good reason for it surely. Maybe it is a case of this is the best team line out as opposed to the best team on paper.

I'm hoping that these are the fittest, most committed and the lads that jell best together. We really need our supporters at the match to get right behind the lads and not shout the odds if mistakes are made.

Fingers crossed, prayers said and appeals to the power.......come on ICT

47 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Was following on betfair, they announced 1-1 for an ultimately disallowed goal. So I deleted, then a few minutes later we do score!

I was on bet365 but I think Bbc OAM is way ahead of the betting companies.

edit - neck and neck that time :ictscarf:sigh of relief 

Edited by TheMantis

Full time and the win.

A narrow win and a bit of a grind. But I'll take the moral boost and relief of a late winner.

Seems like we responded in a professional manner to going behind rather than panicking and were rewarded for our patience against a very real threat of a banana skin.

Vigurs badly at fault for being dispossessed while doddling on edge of box just before free kick. From where I was standing, the Elgin goal looked like another really embarassing flap from OFW in missing weak free kick at near post (very like the lost goal to Hamilton a few weeks back). He can be a decent shot stopper in open play but seems so vulnerable at free kicks. We were fairly disjointed. Cole showed good skills at points and became the target for regular cross field long balls. Unlucky with chances missed (woodwork for Doumbouya header, Vigurs free kick). Elgin tired in the 2nd half (thankfully). We seemed scared of shooting on a number of occasions. Glad to see two upfront though and also pleased that Anier came on for Boden near the end (should have been earlier). He looked quite sharp. I think he should start with Doumbouya instead of Boden (who was disappointing today). Polworth playing at right back was caught out a few times today. Obviously not his position and the fans let him know but I was disappointed to hear swear back at the fans ... surely the cardinal sin for any player. Anyway we squeezed through and it's all about the result in the cup. Let's build on this. 

Edited by cif73
  • Agree 2

Can't agree with previous post. Doumbaya may have scored, but guilty of missing 2 gilt edged chances prior to scoring. He was ineffective and any headers he wins, he has no control or no idea where ball is going. Boden held up ball well IMO and brought others into game, but he provided little in way of goal threat. Overall I was disappointed in the performance, and didn't see any reason to be optimistic for the coming weeks.

On another note, the young lads can provide fantastic vocal backing for the team and am generally all for them, but please stop with the flares, and the need to run 50 yards to a segregation fence for a bit of posturing. We as a club are better than that and don't need that kind of behaviour. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

36 minutes ago, Broonerz said:

Can't agree with previous post. Doumbaya may have scored, but guilty of missing 2 gilt edged chances prior to scoring. He was ineffective and any headers he wins, he has no control or no idea where ball is going. Boden held up ball well IMO and brought others into game, but he provided little in way of goal threat.

I have been calling for Boden to start and hoped he'd take his chance today. I agree his link up play at times was good but he never looked like scoring and I remember a truly awful lay-off out of play in 1st half. Doumbouya had far more chances and maybe should have scored more but the reality is, without him, we wouldn't have won today. To coin a cliche ... goals win games. 

Edited by cif73

Disagree with some of the posts above - we bossed long spells in the game and could have won by a few. Elgin only had very few chances...although they v nearly equalised at the death!

Cole was absolutely outstanding today - everything dangerous went through him and he also did defensive duties. Defence was solid - Polworth did OK in an unfamiliar position, but got megged a couple of times. Vigurs was frustrating as ever: Guilty for the goal, great free kick off the bar, decent spells and lazy spells. Boden is nowhere near it - even against lower league opposition, he looked dreadful. Anier shoild have started. Banana skin avoided!

• Agree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic