The more I watch our winning goal, the more clear it appears that Doumbouya didn't touch it, it was on OG nodded by the no. 3.  You can tell not just by following the flight of the ball in slow-mo but by noting how Doumbouya doesn't celebrate, whilst the defender holds his head in his hands.

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The more I watch our winning goal, the more clear it appears that Doumbouya didn't touch it, it was on OG nodded by the no. 3.  You can tell not just by following the flight of the ball in slow-mo but by noting how Doumbouya doesn't celebrate, whilst the defender holds his head in his hands.

The curious lack of celebration immediately afterwards had initially led some of us to wonder if the goal was going to stand.

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Watching the highlights there and that was the first time I've seen the goal back and that was my reaction too.  The touch that took it into the net came off MacPhee from what I could see.

I was in the home end behind the Elgin goal for Doumbouya's winner (watching with guys I grew up with in Elgin). Looked suspiciously like an OG from where I stood. 

There was a bit of shenanigans post match in the underpass next to Aldi. Some young ICT and Elgin fans doing the usual posturing then running away when actual punches are thrown. Hysterical to watch. 

15 hours ago, Broonerz said:

On another note, the young lads can provide fantastic vocal backing for the team and am generally all for them, but please stop with the flares, and the need to run 50 yards to a segregation fence for a bit of posturing. We as a club are better than that and don't need that kind of behaviour. 

No flares today. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any flares at a ICT game...

12 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Oh dear.

Would any of the teams in our league swap their keeper for ours? Based on the last few months I don't think any of them would. Incredible to think that OFW seems to have become the worst keeper in the league when last season he was easily top 6 standard. I just don't get it. :shrug:

I'm gonna defend Fonners here. I don't like him at crosses or long balls, and has been suspect at free kicks, however...Elgin clearly won the coin this and put us into the low sun, and you can see from th video clip provided that Fonners is lookin right into that bright low sun for the entire half. Also, ball takes a bobble just before it gets to him. Just one of those things today, I don't think we should be so critical of him for that one, past mistakes notwithstanding.

• Agree 1

On the whole an enjoyable day out. It's a pity we don't have SPFL clubs near by to frequent on more regular basis and it would certainly swell the numbers home and away.

The man thing is we are in the next round, put in a good performance and hopefully will take all the positives into the next league match on Saturday.

Onwards and upwards.

Also, how much better does 3 and a half thousand look when there's terracing or grass banks to stand and watch a game? Instead of sparsely populated all seater stadia?! 

Rules and attitudes from the powers-that-be need to move with the times, or in fact, revert to older times.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Also, how much better does 3 and a half thousand look when there's terracing or grass banks to stand and watch a game? Instead of sparsely populated all seater stadia?! 

Rules and attitudes from the powers-that-be need to move with the times, or in fact, revert to older times.

When you put fans around a pitch the size of a tennis court, then I think even 200 looks a lot.

2 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

When you put fans around a pitch the size of a tennis court, then I think even 200 looks a lot.

Thought it was great personally. I really miss terracing and its much more sociable too. Surely there should be some way of giving a choice as I am aware its not for everyone. 

16 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

11 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Thought it was great personally. I really miss terracing and its much more sociable too. Surely there should be some way of giving a choice as I am aware its not for everyone. 

Sadly it comes with the criteria of top flight football, even County lost the heart of the fans from behind the goals when their seats went in.

Probably an issue to be escalated with politicians rather than forums if things can be altered. 

3 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

No flares today. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any flares at a ICT game...

I'm gonna defend Fonners here. I don't like him at crosses or long balls, and has been suspect at free kicks, however...Elgin clearly won the coin this and put us into the low sun, and you can see from th video clip provided that Fonners is lookin right into that bright low sun for the entire half. Also, ball takes a bobble just before it gets to him. Just one of those things today, I don't think we should be so critical of him for that one, past mistakes notwithstanding.

I don't entirely buy this as an excuse: Elgin swapped ends before kick off for a reason and a smart move it was, with defenders struggling to see into the sun. However, goalies are allowed an aid in these situations - it's called a cap! In addition, I don't think the wall was quite placed correctly - it is supposed to protect that side of the goal. I like OFW, but he is out of sorts just now and free kicks are a weakness.

1 hour ago, PerfICT said:

.........I like OFW, but he is out of sorts just now and free kicks are a weakness.

Yes,I agree,  right from his first match, when he positioned himself badly for Astra's goal against us, from a free kick,in our European debut.  Wonder how different things might have been if he'd saved that one?  Certainly a great day out at West Ham would have been on the cards if we'd made it to the next round.

15 hours ago, dougiedanger said:

Any aggro?

There was allegedly some brief pavement dancing and gesturing nothing you would have been proud of or excited about though Danger

Dougal

Edited by dougal

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Even without the sun...it took a bobble and then bounced over him.

Not sure any keeper could have reacted to save it.

I still rate OFW despite him not being in the best of form just now and I appreciate that you feel it your role to defend and talk up the club and it's employees. However, to say that no 'keeper could have reacted to save that poorly executed shot is just ridiculous. The sun may or may not have been in his eyes but it was a clear goalkeeping error. In the end we recovered from that early reverse and won more comfortably than the scoreline suggests. No harm done in the end but it does no harm being prepared to acknowledge shortcomings and hopefully learn from them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Even without the sun...it took a bobble and then bounced over him.

Not sure any keeper could have reacted to save it.

Aye very good Jim Calder would have kept that out and he's 56

Dougal 

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic